Fin

The Knight and the Witch

Jiu was breathing heavily as the battle felt like it was never going to end. Blood was slowly flowing out of her wounds, but it wasn’t enough for her to lose consciousness. She needed to head into the castle before anyone else. She had to be the one to end this or else it won’t feel right.

 

Jiu entered the castle that was always so quiet even though there were blood curdling screams coming outside. It was as if the castle was from another world where nothing could taint it. Making Jiu creeped out the more she spent time in the castle that was until she opened the doors to the dining room.

 

“Ah! You’re early. I didn’t finish with the table setting,” Jiu’s irritation rose as she heard the owner of the castle’s voice. Jiu pointed her sword at the witch who was the reason there is so much bloodshed outside the doors of her castle. One Kim Sua.

 

“You witch. Do you know how many lives have died by your hands?” Jiu growled out as her anger began clouding her judgment.

 

“Oh sweet, Jiu,” Sua laughed as a smile spread across her features. “I only care about one life in this entire world. I don’t care about anyone else,” Sua gazed into Jiu’s fiery glare. “Join me for dinner?” She suggested only for the table to be sliced by Jiu’s sword.

 

“I don’t have time to be playing these games with you,” Jiu started running towards Sua ready to die for the cause. Sua didn’t move as she let Jiu plunge the sword into her heart. Sua coughed up blood as Jiu made no movements to pull it out. It doesn’t feel like it was real until she felt a warm wet substance on her cheek.

 

“I wasn’t playing games though,” Sua choked up as she knew she was going to die soon. She was prepared for this day every time they met. Jiu’s eyes went wide as reality finally sunk in. She stabbed the witch and she was dying. Jiu pulled away and noticed that Sua’s blood was pooling around the wound. At this time, she would have healed and laughed away with her confidence before sending Jiu back home.

 

“You’re not healing, why?” Jiu asked, not understanding how it was so easy to kill the wicked witch.

 

“A witch… loses her powers when … they fall in love…” Sua slowly responded as it was getting harder for her to breath. “I was told that love is weakness.” Sua began rambling as she lost the feeling of pain. “She’s right though... I fell in love… and I’m dying,” Sua had no energy to continue standing so she slumped into Jiu’s arms.

 

“You fell in love?” Jiu still couldn’t process what was going on. Sua could barely see as darkness was slowly flowing into her vision like she was swimming.

 

“I.. said that... I care about… one person… and that is you…Jiu... I’ve waited everyday… to see you again… even if… I were to die by your hands.” Sua softly said as she couldn’t see Jiu anymore. “Oh?” Sua brokenly said as tears fell. She couldn’t see her beloved anymore. “Jiu?” She called out that wasn’t enough to make it echo. “Where’d you go?” Sua raised her hand to search for Jiu. “Are you... here?” Jiu grabbed her cold hand and pulled her close.

 

“I’m here,” Jiu simply stated as she felt Sua relax.

 

“I… made dinner... Join me?” Sua choked on her blood once more as Jiu didn’t answer her.

 

Soldiers raided into the castle and found Jiu holding her bloody sword while Sua was on the floor dead. They cheered at her death as they escorted Jiu out of the castle to tell Her Majesty the good news.

 

“Hey,” Siyeon caught Jiu’s attention. “Are you okay?” She asked while Jiu wasn’t herself.

 

“It was a hard battle,” Jiu forced a smile to respond to Siyeon. “I still can’t believe the witch is dead.” Jiu couldn’t say her name because if she did then that would mean it would be real.

 

“I can’t believe it either. I expected a messy battle where she died though. Guess you took her off guard huh.” Siyeon responded while Jiu looked up at the sky.

 

“Yeah… off guard.” Jiu repeated as she still had their last conversation replaying in her mind.  “Hey, Siyeon, I'll be right back. I think I left something back at the witch’s castle.” Jiu made an excuse that Siyeon believed it.

 

“Okay, but don’t take too long. You never know if the witch called her friends.” Siyeon responded and started walking back to the other soldiers.

 

Jiu walked back into the quiet castle and into the dining room. Sua’s body lay motionless on the floor where Jiu last saw her.

 

“I’m here to join you for dinner,” Jiu whispered as she sat down next to Sua to hold her hand not knowing what to do next as her goal has already been finished. As Jiu sat there with her wound still bleeding. “Just wait for me for a bit. It seems that I might be a little late, but you’ll wait for me again won’t you, Sua?”