fin.

right here.

I think some words are overdue

Could we just do it over?

 

Jinsoul is stressed out. Her work has been racking at her brains and her boss nagging at her every second isn't helping either. 

Her mind strays back to the happy moments she shared with her ex-girlfriend, Kim Jungeun. Though it probably wasn't the right time for that, but she wishes things were back the way it used to be. 

 

Can we just talk it out like friends

Because I need your shoulder?

 

She really needed someone to talk to right now. Yerim wouldn't be much of a help, she's still too young to understand things. Sooyoung would probably just tell her to quit her job and join her at the pub.

Jinsoul sighs. "Jungeun would probably understand." 

She reached for her phone and looks for Jungeun's number. She could only hope she hasn't changed it since then.

 

I know we ended on the wrong terms

But I said we're past it

 

Jungeun types on her computer, encoding some stuff she needed for work. Hearing her phone beep, she picks it up, shocked at who the recipient was. Jinsoul. 

She was fine really. It wasn't like she hadn't gotten over her yet. For 's sake, it's been seven months since they last talked or even texted each other. 

 

So why you texting me with questions

You don't gotta ask me, like

"I know it's random, how you've been?"

 

Jungeun quirks her eyebrow at the message. She quickly replies a "never been better."

 

"Do you remember 'bout this band you said you listened to?"

"When we were younger"

"When we were softer"

"When we were all about each other"

"Hope life is treating you better"

 

Confusion etches on Jungeun's features. What was up with Jinsoul, bringing up what happened way back in the past right now? 

 

Girl, what's with that?

Yo, cut the act 

'Cause I don't got time for laughs

No, I do not want the past

 

Jungeun sets her phone down after replying and rubs her temples. She doesn't know how to respond to how her ex has been acting.

She disappeared without a trace, even though yes, they broke up, but Jungeun thinks she deserves to know where she went, or not?

Jungeun quickly remembers the reason why she was like this. Jinsoul had this habit to bring up the past; happy memories, when she was sad or stressed out. 

She picks her phone back up, and added a few more messages.

 

But if you are ever in need

And God has you down on your knees

And you do not know who to be

Then go on and come home to me

Because I'm here

 

Jinsoul smiles, a bit relieved. Jungeun knew. She knew why she was acting like this. She remembered. 

And that did something to Jinsoul's heart. It softened. It was the effect of Jungeun on her.

 

If you need me I'll be here

Right here

 

Jungeun was worried. What could've happened to Jinsoul that caused her to run back to her? She wanted to know.

She also wanted Jinsoul to know she's always available. For her.

"Where are you right now?" Jungeun texted.

Jinsoul sent her work's address to the latter, following up with the question, "Why are you asking?"

"I'm on my way."

 

Said I'm here

If you need me I'll be here

Right here