#1 familiar

drabbles.

it wasn’t as if jongin did not expect this to happen. of course he was. he was having an affair with his director, park chanyeol; who is happily married to a man of his dream, byun baekhyun. did he intended this to happen? no, not in a million year he would have imagined to be this scandalous. he was raised by his parents with a proper etiquette. he knew that the things happening between him and mr. park is wrong. jongin thought that he could be more careful, dancing on the thin ice of what’s morally right and wrong.

 

mr. park said he loved him, just like he loves his husband who is unfortunately cannot bear a child which his parents disapprove. jongin was afraid this was intentional on mr. park’s side because he knew jongin is healthy and fertile but he won’t suspect any further. right now, jongin just wanted to tell mr. park about the sprout growing in his belly. for ’s sake jongin just turned 22, fresh out of college and desperate for working experience so he could climb higher on the ladder of job and networking. he didn’t planned all of this to go down the hill after a reckless night he spent in a hotel with someone’s husband. his working superior nonetheless.

 

how can jongin become such a fool? he knew that being an omega is already hard enough to compete in the working field. now he’s going to be a father. and the future of the baby is still unclear due to the baby’s father being officially married to someone else. junmyeon and minseok will be so mad at him if he ever found out about this. they have known and warned jongin about his unusual relationship with mr. park but how can he possibly refuse? he needs a figure of an alpha who could take care of him without the string and mr. park offered him that.

 

now he has to face the consequences, whatever it may be. he need to confess. how would he confess?

 

————☂️

 

“are you one-hundred percent sure about this?” chanyeol asked jongin with nonchalance in his tone. his eyes is keen on the monitor in front of him, reading something important for his meeting the next day. as if what jongin had delivered was a news from the weather forecaster saying it would have rained later.

 

“well, i don’t know myself. all i know is i bought six different test-packs and all of them are positive,” jongin exhaled, he is fidgeting in his seat. uncomfortable with the lack of anger and panicking from mr. park.

 

“but don’t worry, i will go to see the obstetrician first thing in the morning tomorrow.” jongin said as he grimaced after. the words comes to fast for his liking, he wanted to retract from the other.

 

“okay. text me right away when the result has come. you may leave now, my husband will come in 30 minutes,” chanyeol said, finally looking at jongin and recognizing him, face still indifferent. the tears pricked in jongin’s eyes.

 

“why didn’t you said anything about your plan for the baby? am i that worthless to you? a rag doll you get to ed because your husband’s away? this baby will affect my life forever but this is how you react?” jongin finally exploded, his voice went high-pitched and his face reddens from holding back his tears. head filled with anger and his blood boiled.

 

“shhhhh” chanyeol get up from his chair and held jongin’s hands by the table. “i understand, okay? the thing is you have to be sure that you’re carrying a baby and that it’s mine. i will take responsibility if the baby really is mine,” chanyeol said, thinking that it would bring jongin into level headed.

 

“ you! what do you mean if the baby really is yours? do you think i would offer my body to some random men? i am not a , mr. park and i am not ing anyone else,” jongin spit another outburst, hurt by the words picked by chanyeol.

 

“okay, okay. calm down. i am not running away, i am here,” chanyeol whispered slowly, rubbing jongin’s hand.

 

“and then what? will you divorce your husband and marry me? if i’m raising this child of yours, it will bring a shame to my family if i become an unmarried omega. this is not easy, it will never be easy for me,” the tears has become unbearable, and jongin finally cried. his breathing gets harder.

 

“i will talk to baekhyun. he will be understanding. you don’t have to raise the baby alone,” chanyeol eased jongin once again. hoping the omega could stop worrying.

 

“you know, baekhyun has always wanted to become a father himself. him and i could raise your child, and you get to be free to do whatever you want after the nine month passed,” chanyeol adds. jongin suddenly feel helpless, his knees weakened.

 

“what are you talking about? i’m not giving away my child!” jongin release his hand from chanyeol’s hold. teeth gritted and palms curled.

 

“isn’t that what you want? stop making things difficult, jongin! you know i cannot leave baekhyun. he is my mate.” chanyeol chased after jongin’s forearm and gripped it.

 

“yeah he is. but what about me? you said you love me. you said that i’m just as worthy as baekhyun. and then now what?” jongin shivered, his eyes in disbelief of the man standing in front of him.

 

“we could get married, undocumented of course. you didn’t not think i could be that cruel to baekhyun, do you? to go through a divorce and leave him alone? you should have understand, you’re an omega too. marriage is something sacred.”

 

“i don’t know mr. park. you tell me. you’re leading me on. and me being pregnant, that was on you.” jongin took his belongings and ready to leave the room but before he could take another step, the door is opened. then there’s baekhyun. the oh-so-perfect byun baekhyun.

 

“did i interrupt something?” baekhyun asked, eyes widen in interest. looking back and forth between his husband and jongin. he has seen the stray streak of tears in jongin’s cheek.

 

jongin walked away without a word. baekhyun did nothing to stop him. he came to visit his husband that he hasn’t seen in the past month. his company needs him for overseas project as the fashion show week in paris due is near. as the creative director of his own fashion brand, his presence is important and that leaves him with no decision other than going for a long distance relationship with his dear husband.

 

chanyeol tidies up his desk and motions for baekhyun to come closer. and as baekhyun does so, he still have that puzzled look in his face.

 

“what was that all about?” baekhyun said lightly as he hugs chanyeol tight. his alpha smells so good right now, even though it’s now past afternoon and he is not as fresh as he is after the morning shower. he missed chanyeol so much. he inhales deeply through his husband’s chest.

 

chanyeol on the other hand, relishes this moment by caressing his husband’s hair. circling his hand around the other’s waist. he leaned in to kiss baekhyun’s forehead.

 

“we’ll save that conversation for another time, okay? i miss you so bad,” chanyeol had answered. nestling his chin on top of baekhyun’s head. they hugged each other like that for some time, swayed to the right and left, as if they’re dancing in chanyeol’s office room.

 

1, 2, left right...

1, 2, left right...