Sweet Beginnings

Sweet Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nearly midnight when the camera crew began to wrap up their equipment. The party was also beginning to dwindle. He could see his own stylists and manager getting ready to leave, a few of them too drunk to even stand upright. Other guests were also saying their goodbyes, but some of the cast members were still seated near the buffet table, the sound of their laughter carrying through the air.

Lee Dong Wook had been acting for nearly 20 years at this point, so farewell parties weren’t something he wasn’t used to. However, there was just something different this time. During his career, there had been several projects that were close to his heart, but this one was much more personal. He was sad to see the drama end, but he was even sadder that he won’t be seeing a certain someone as often as he did these days.

“Oppa, we’re leaving. You don’t have any schedule before the wrap party day after tomorrow, right?” one of his stylists asked suddenly, breaking his train of thoughts as he realized he hadn’t even noticed his team making its way to him.

“Oh, yeah. You should all get some rest tomorrow,” he said with his usual smile. “Keep up the good work.”

As they all bowed and filtered out, Dong Wook informed his manager he’ll be driving himself home that night, so there was no reason for him to stay back either. “Just go home, you look really tired,” he commented lightly and patted him on the back. “I’ll call you in the morning.”

He waited until his manager was out of the sight before silently searching for her again. Just a few moments ago he had seen her speaking with their producer near the fountain. The first thought that popped into his head was that she could have left when he wasn’t looking, but Dong Wook doubted she would leave without even saying goodbye.

It was their last day of shooting “Touch Your Heart.” Dressed in a tux that definitely wasn’t his character’s usual style, he continued his search. The production team had rented a beach house with a huge garden to film the 10-year anniversary party. Since final wrap parties are more formal and draw a lot more media attention, they had agreed to host a small dinner just for the cast and crew on the premises. Although Dong Wook had to postpone a CF to be here tonight, he really didn’t mind.

“Why are you standing here all by yourself?” he almost got whiplashed with how fast he turned around after hearing her voice right behind him. “Are you planning to leave soon?” she asked, smiling as he finally looked at her.

He was glad she hadn’t changed out of her clothes yet. Yoo In Na looked beautiful regardless of how she dressed up, but it would be a lie to say he hadn’t done a double-take after seeing her in that long peach dress earlier that evening. Calling her beautiful would be an understatement, she looked outright divine and the passing night and hours-long shoot did nothing to dim her brightness.

“I am not sure,” he replied, not holding back the smile that threatened to appear on his face every time she was around him. It wasn’t a new development by any means, but just that the last few weeks had been so physically and emotionally draining that he didn’t have the energy to hide his emotions anymore. “What about you. Are you leaving?”

“Well, I suppose I have to. My manager has to drop me home, so I can’t force him to stay any longer, even though I really don’t want to leave yet,” In Na said with a small pout, looking over at the rest of their colleagues where they sat across the garden. “It’s such a nice night, isn’t it?”

Dong Wook willed himself not to stare at her as she spoke. But her words caught his attention. “I can take you home tonight,” he said quickly, a bit too quickly if he was being honest with himself. When she looked up at him questioningly, her eyes twinkling under the fairy lights that formed a canopy above their heads, he felt his heartbeat quickening just a pace. “I mean, It’s on my way back home. There’s no need to worry your manager over it. He can go home early, I’ll drop you whenever you’re ready to leave.”

As she thanked him and texted her manager, he couldn’t help but smile. She was really a ball of sunshine, despite how tough she sometimes pretended to be. As Dong Wook watched her typing a quick message to her manager, he recalled the last few times he had dropped her home, politely declining her courteous offers for coffee or tea every single time. It was partly because he knew how tired she was after filming the entire day and partly because he was afraid he would do or say something inappropriate if he were to spend any more time with her in close quarters.

He wasn’t really sure exactly when his feelings for her began to change. They had known each other for years, often meeting at parties and award shows. However, they had always been formal, not going beyond the obligatory greetings and a little bit of chit chat. Obviously, they had become really good friends during “Goblin,” in fact, he thought they flirted quite a bit while shooting that drama, but it was all in good fun and neither of them took it seriously. But it was while filming “Touch Your Heart” that he finally acknowledged she was more than just a hoobae to him. To her, however, he doubted he was anything beyond an oppa.

As they walked to where their friends were sitting, her shoulder lightly grazing his arm as she picked up her flowy dress, Dong Wook wished this night would never end. He knew things were going to get even more hectic for him once the show was over. Plus, she had several shoots lined up as well, so who knew when they’ll get to see each other again.

Time seemed to fly by as they all remembered the good times that they had togeth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter