Endless Love

Endless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 3, 2016

"Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our team." Mr. Kim, the boss, spoke in his monotone voice. "This is Choi Sulli, and she's starting with the firm this week."

Minho had yet to turn around. It was his lunch hour, and for that hour, he wasn't on the clock for any kind of work business. It wasn't until he noticed his fellow lawyer, Park Chanyeol who had moments ago been sitting beside him looking bored, now suddenly perk up. Minho finally turned to see what had caught his attention.

In the past, Minho had gone for a specific type of girl. Someone who is ually attractive, a body that would rival, wearing a thick make up, and a girl who's easy going.

But this girl... her hair fell in raven waves, stopping at her shoulders, framing a porcelein face that held big, brown doe eyes and full naturally stained red lips. She was Snow White brought to life, and far more beautiful than the fake, simpering easy girl he had chosen in the past.

"Sulli, this is Park Chanyeol and Choi Minho" Mr. Kim continued. "They're high flyers in this company. Stick with them and you won't go wrong. I have work to get on with, so I'll leave you in their capable hands. They can show you around and you can get better acquainted."

Sulli smiled softly at Mr. Kim as he left, then turned her attention back to Chanyeol and Minho. The moment that Mr. Kim left, Chanyeol jumped up to his feet, stepping towards Sulli. Chanyeol was a ladies man... or at least, he thought he was, and it seemed Sulli was about to see for herself first.

"Sulli, right?" Chanyeol drawled with his typical smarminess that he mistook for charm.

"Yes, Sulli, Choi Sulli, it's nice to meet you both."  Sulli said.

"Well a beautiful name for a truly beautiful woman." Chanyeol smiled

Minho saw how Sulli rolled her eyes and sigh tiredly, and Chanyeol missed her actions as he continued. "So, Mr. Kim said he wants us to get better acquainted. I can think of some ways we could do that... outside of business hours, of course." Chanyeol said and winked at Sulli.

"Ok.. Park Chanyeol wasn't it?" Sulli asked taking a step closer to Chanyeol until she was directly infront of him.

"You already remember my name, such a good start." Chanyeol joked.

"Well, Mr. Park, I'm gonna tell you how this is going, because I've met a lot of guys like you." Sulli crossed her arms and continued. "You're gonna spend most of our time together trying out your little lines, trying to get me? That kind of thing and everytime, I'm gonna turn you down, because truthfully, you're not my type. Somewhere down the line, you're gonna get even more desperate, and I'm gonna be forced to file a ual harassment claim.. and when we all know how well that will turn out for you. It's your choice, either we skip all that right now and you can just turn around and walk away."

Both Minho and Chanyeol stared at her, Chanyeol looks dumbfounded with his mouth open. Minho trying his hardest to hold back his laughter. For a moment, Chanyeol stammered, spluttering nothing but vowels. Sulli narrowed her eyes, watching as he took her advice and retreated to the safety of his office. Once he was out of hearing range, Minho let his burst of laughter escape.

Sulli turned her eyes on him.

"Sorry, so it's just you and me for this tour then." Minho said, holding out his hand to her with a gentle smile.

Instead of getting the smile he had hoped for, Sulli just continued to stare at him, the half scowl she had given Chanyeol is still present on her features. It looked like he had his work cut out for him if he wanted to impress this girl.


November 16, 2016

Minho felt growl erupting from his throat as he stormed down the corridor. He was so stress these days with the case he's in right now. He took a deep breath controlling his anger.

Heading past the bathrooms through his rage and blood pounding in his ears, he managed to hear sounds of distress coming from the ladies. There was a rattle of something dropping, followed by a female's voice he thought he recognized muttering 'Oh '.

He stopped for a moment, contemplating what to do. "It's the ladies bathroom.. Should I check and go in?" Minho thought. He was about to leave the place but he heard someting dropping again. "I think she's in trouble." Mind made up, he cautiously stepped inside.

"Hello? Is everything ok?, can I....?" Minho began as he walked inside, trailling off as he witnessed the scene infront of him.

He was right, the voice belonged to Sulli. She was leaning heavily against the counter struggling for breath. She rummage around the contents of her scattered purse. She looked up at him as he entered, her eyes widened in what he thought was fear. It was then Minho realized she's struggling for breath, and it had nothing to do with her fall or her shock. This was something more serious. She was truly struggling for air.

"Sulli, what's wrong?" Minho said moving closer to her side.

Sulli staggered to pull herself straight, her breathing still stuttered as she shook her head.

"No, I'm.. I was just..." Sulli began, giving up as she let her body collapse against the sink. Minho was at her side in an instant, helping her to stand, but she didn't want his help. She pushed him away instantly. Instead, taking help from the inanimate bathroom counter as she leant heavily against it.

"Seriously Ssul, what's wrong with you? You look...." As he moved, Minho kicked some of the excess contents from Sulli's purse. Bending to pick it up, he found himself holding a prescription pill bottle. "Vastec, enalapril? That's... that's enzyme inhibitor."

"Well..... ahhh ain't you a.... clever boy?" Sulli gasped out, scrambling to take the pills from his hands. She snapped the lid open and swallowed them dry. As the pills slid down in , she took a deep sigh of relief, still stuttering for breath.

"Sulli.. what is? Why are you taking enzyme inhibitors?" Minho asked, Sulli looked at him as if deciding wether she should really answer that question.

"In laymen's terms... I have an enlarged heart." Sulli finally told him. "A genetic defect, something I was born with. As long as I take these tablets.. I'm fine."

Minho widened his eyes. "Isn't that kind of thing you would usually get a transplant for?" He asked her after a moment of silence.

"I'm on the list... but I'm not exactly holding my breath." Sulli replied chuckling to herself. "My blood type is O negative, not exactly an easy match to find. Plus, as long as these tablets keep working... I'm not at a high enough risk to be anywhere other than... bottom of the list." Sulli bit her lips to control her tears.

Minho remained silent. What would you do if the woman you have completely developed and undeniable feelings tells you that she has a terminal condition that could kill her.

Minho looked down and closed his eyes. He can't let Sulli see his reaction.

"I don't want people to know." Sulli broke the silence

Minho lift his head and looked at her.

"I couldn't stand the pitying looks. I'm not a condition, I'm a person. I can still do everything you can. I'm still living my life... and I plan to keep on doing so for quite a few years."

Minho forced a smile. "Your seceret is safe with me." 

Sulli smiled back at him, straightening up. "Thank you Minho! You're so sweet."

"Sweet?" Minho repeated, trying to keep the disappointment out of his voice... because any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter