lingering letters

I Still Care [OneShot]

Dear Leeteuk,

You're doing very well. You handled everything so smoothly that it sometimes makes me wonder if you were ever affected by them to begin with. I wish you luck with the members - I know how crazy they could be, although sometimes you were never better.

Be strong.

-

Dear Heechul,

Thank you for the letters, and I wish I could reply to all of them, but sometimes, I just don't have the heart to. But I cherish every single one of them because your letters are the only ones that still come in every month. Thank you for that. I wish you the best, and know that I am alright. Really. I am.

But are you?

-

Dear Hankyung,

We miss you. I know we all do even if I'm not with the rest of them either. It makes me wonder if they miss me, too, actually. I hear you're doing well - successful, handsome, and talented, so it's not very surprising. I hope you think of us like we thinking of you. I hope you miss us, too.

You should call the dorms sometimes soon - I know they're probably all waiting for you to.

-

Dear Jongwoon,

You're still weird, but I stil love you and your turtles, even if they always crawled into my room whenever you brought them over to visit. I'm sorry we never got to finish our singing lessons, but know that I really would have liked to. I just didn't believe I ever could sing half as well as you could. But I enjoyed them a lot, even if you tended to get off-topic easily.

I still have our CD, by the way.

-

Dear Youngwoon,

I'm sorry you had to leave involuntarily while I left by free will. I know that if you were still there, you'd drag me back and demand that I never left. Everything for you had to be done by brute force. But at least you were straightforward in everything - I could always ask you for the truth.

If I asked you now, you'd be honest, right?

-

Dear Shindong,

I have yet to take you up on that offer I gave you to buy you dinner. We'll eat out one day. In a sense, I miss your humor that often hid your broken soul, but you hid it well. Better than I ever would. I wish we could have been closer. I could have learned a thing or two from you about variety and comedy.

I would have liked that very much.

-

Dear Sungmin,

There were times when I felt the most pity for you out of all of them. You had everything, yet given so little to show. I was always jealous of your talent in everything you strived for, your passion to do what you wanted to do most and your strength to accomplish those goals. I remember the day you came back, announcing you'd learn to play the guitar. Everyone laughed, but I didn't.

I knew you'd be able to do it.

-

Dear Hyukjae,

When I first met you, I did not think I would like you, honestly. Something about you put me off, but the more time I spent around you, the happier the mood got. Your smile, the one you always try to hide, was one of the most defining characteristics about you, aside from your dancing. Sometimes I would think tha the reason you love dancing so much is because the focus is shifter from your face to your body, and you hide that way. But don't be ashamed.

I would trade in my face for your skills and your joy.

-

Dear Siwon,

I know you still pray for me even though I'm no longer there. I know you always ask, whenever you get a new role, if I could be there, too. You were just like me - a pretty face for the group without much else. But you stayed with them, you trained for them, and you worked for them. I wish I could have done the same. Maybe I'm just weaker.

I pray for you, too.

-

Dear Donghae,

You cried for me the day I returned to visit. Thank you. I know we were close, and I know that has been changed over time and seperation, but know that you are one of the best friends I've ever made. You really were perfect in your own way. You were loyal and always friendly. Always smiling. I'm sorry that your smile has faded, but I'm glad it's still there.

Keep smiling.

-

Dear Ryeowook,

You were the real foundation of the group at times. Always ready to help, always ready to console. Even though we're older and adults, you were the mom we moved away from. The mom we still needed but never had to the guts to admit that. I appreciated the moments I'd go to the dorms and see you watching TV, and when you would look up and smile and ask if I ate yet. And when I said no, you'd get up and start cooking without a word of protest. I can never tell you how much that meant to us, to all of us.

Just remember that we're here for you, too.

-

Dear Kyuhyun,

The day you joined Super Junior was the day I lost my place as the maknae. Part of me - a dark, evil part of me - was jealous that you took one of the only titles given to me. You already had such a beautiful voice, so why did you need the maknae title as well? But I remember when you refused to cry the first time we won the award, when you got into that terrible accident. It is then that I am reminded that you suffered the most for Super Junior.

But you still stayed, and that will always make me respect you, even if it's envy, for you did the things I could never do.

-

Dear Super Junior,

I wish I could have been like you guys: multi-talented entertainers who weren't afraid to make a fool of themselves for their fans.

I remember the day they came to us and told us we would be Super Junior 05. We thought we were the rejects, we thought we wouldn't make it far. We were the ugly ducklings that no one expected to see fly and prosper.

You guys made it happen, though. You proved them wrong, and now look how big you all are.

(And sometimes I feel like I just say by and watched it happen.)

I loved you guys. I still love you guys. Thank you for allowing me to be called "Kim Kibum of Super Junior.

(But nowadays, I'm just Kim Kibum.)

-

Dear SM Entertainment Management,

Please let them rest. Can't you see you are killing them?

- Anonymous letter actually sent