Sleep Well

Sleep Well

Sleep Well

 

It’s all dimples and smiles even when he is sleeping. The night casts shadows of silver on his skin, kissing it sterling. It is beautiful, an angel covered with white sheets like wings, curled all over his bed. Soft, enchanting, pretty. He is draped carefully on top of the blankets, a little, curled ball of hands spreading and legs twined. He must be dreaming peacefully, all smiley, all perfection, all everything he can see, everything he wants and longs for. 

 

“Hyung?”

 

There is a nod. He tugs him, pulling him closer - because right now, even when he is lying next to him, he feels distant, far away like the stars. He feels the mild sensation rubbing his calves when he laches himself to Jinwoo. 

 

“Are you sleeping?”

 

“Not anymore,” he says, dozy, words coming out puffy, and he stretches, his hands falling on his waist, tickling. Seungyoon’s smile lit the room with its gleam, content to have him holding his frame. Next to him, Jinwoo stirs and jolts, limbs entwined, sheets a mess around his legs. 

 

Seungyoon peppers kisses on his cheekbones, his eyelashes fluttering, little butterfly wings. He drags his mouth, slowly, from his temple to his nose and down, down to his upper lip and then his lower lip and then he is kissing him fully. He kisses the lonely freckle on his eyelid, then his lips loiter on the next one, tracing them down drowsily, savouring the moment - tasting the silver-stained flesh of his cheeks under the moonlight. 

 

Jinwoo lets him in, mouth slightly open, welcoming, purring. It’s sweet and caring, slow-dancing, lips tenderly moving, gently, like a breeze, a caress. It tastes fresh, dreamy. Seungyoon feels full – full of love, full of Jinwoo. He sneaks his fingers to his heart, fingertips delicately tapping on it, marking the rhythm of Jinwoo’s beats.

 

It feels warm inside, like rain on a hot summer night. Jinwoo softly endears Seungyoon, his head cradled on top of his forearms. He snugs closer, Jinwoo’s nose rubbing his curls, his smile spreading all over the moon. Beautiful, he could tell even without witnessing it – Jinwoo is, always, beautiful, no matter what, no matter when, precious all the same.

 

“What did you want?” he whispers to his ear, the stars jealous of the proximity of his lips to the sky. Seungyoon giggles, enveloped inside of Jinwoo’s arms, circled by his lulling, teasing voice. He likes it, the intimacy of his words caressing his skin. He turns to face Jinwoo, smiling brightly. 

 

“Just to say that I love you,” he says, loud, proudly, making Jinwoo tremble, turning his frost cheeks into melting, water tinted in rose.

 

He feels the chuckle before hearing it – Jinwoo punches his sides a second earlier to burst into a bunch of laughing.

 

“You woke me for this?” he says, his face hiding on Seungyoon’s chest, uncontrollably shaking, uncontrollably shy and vulnerable. Seungyoon kisses his hair and puts him deeper into his embrace, feeling the joy warming his core - the blessing that is having Jinwoo this way, to make him flustered by just a world. Seungyoon inhales the fragrance of the scented candles of Jinwoo’s flocks and forehead- he smells like lavender and smoke and home.  

 

“Of course, hyung! I have to tell you every day, every hour” he says adamantly. Because he loves Jinwoo so much and he adores telling him that he does. Because Jinwoo is so naive and innocent, he might forget - as if it was possible having the ball of adoration and fluff that is Seungyoon around, clinging onto him everywhere, every moment of the day. There is no such thing as space between Jinwoo and Seungyoon, not when together feels so much better, brings so much joy and happiness to them. Their love is bigger than the firmament. 

 

“Smug, little boy!” Jinwoo pouts and punches but all his hits fall in the air, and Seungyoon joins his laughing, their voices meddling in between closed lips and pressed mouths together to silence the mayhem, the stream of music they are creating. Seungyoon relishes into the moment, savouring the strawberry flavour of Jinwoo, feeling his eyelashes brushing his skin. 

 

“But I do love you, hyung,” Seungyoon says, much later, the sun painting golden coats on them both. Jinwoo rolls his eyes, looks at him sternly.

 

“I love you too, silly,” because that’s the only way to stop the mortification, to silence Kang Seungyoon – that and kisses, hundreds and millions of kisses, but Jinwoo has no time for it, not when Seungyoon looks so startled, so soft, not when what he wants to do the most is to stay in bed with him a little longer, hands hold, legs tangled, blankets up and his head on his collar (so he can kiss his curls, let it taste spread on his tongue).