fin~

Drifted

It’s been a stressful day at work, but it is to be expected as he is the head of the IT Department in a well known company. He’s not that young at the age of 32 but he surely is young to handle such huge position. Mark does his best in every task and challenges given to him, Jinyoung said he’s amazing in how he can be good at everything he sets his mind to do and that is his second best asset cos the first is surely his face (Jinyoung’s words not his). But no matter how stressful the day at the office is it will turn into nothing as he enter their apartment, he knows someone is waiting for him. The loveliest person, his everything, his Jinyoung. And there he is sitting on their couch waiting for him wearing the most adorable smile.

“Hi Love! I miss you.” Jinyoung said standing up to meet him halfway, it’s an automatic reflex of him to open his arms and have Jinyoung melt in his embrace.

“I miss you too, so much, I don’t know how I survived the torture of sitting in my office chair doing boring things without seeing your beautiful face.” Mark replied as he pull Jinyoung closer and hugging him tighter.

Jinyoung laughed hearing Mark’s complaints. “Ah you’ve been surviving well 5 times a week you know. And because you’re holding up amazingly I have a surprise for you.” 

Hearing the word surprise caught Mark’s attention as he examine Jinyoung’s face with a naughty glint in his eyes.

“Hey! Not that you ert!”

“Really? Jinyoung you’re calling me ert? 9 years of being the love of your life and now I am reduced to being a ert?” Mark replied as he break their hug, faking his annoyance with a pout.

“Stop pouting! That’s cheating.” Jinyoung is outright giggling at this point. “Hey come on, look at me.” 

“No, I’m not looking at you!” Mark stubbornly replied crossing his arms over his chest.”

Jinyoung pulled him closer by the hips , rendering a quick peck on the older's lips.

“Jinyoung what is that?”

“What? A kiss?”

“You do not call that 0.0001 second of your lips on mine a kiss Jin! Do better!” 

“Well, I thought you’re not looking at me?”

“ParK Jin----

His words were cut off when Jinyoung pulled him closer again, this time his other hand on his nape kissing him deeply.

“So?”

“Hmm that is a kiss, but I want more.”

Jinyoung laughed at his lovers antics, God knows how much he love this man.  

“I would love that too but hey I have a surprise.” Jinyoung did not wait for Mark’s reply, he just dragged him towards their balcony where he prepared a candlelight dinner.

Mark gasped as he look around the place. Their balcony is now covered with fairy lights, petals of roses where scattered all over the place and a round table was placed at the center filled with food and a bottle of wine at the side. He then turned to Jinyoung hugging him tightly.

“Thank you Love! How do you make me love you even more each day when we’ve been together for nearly a decade.” Mark uttered in a soft voice as he bury his face to Jinyoung’s neck.

Jinyoung’s heart swelled hearing those words from Mark. “Hey, Don’t get sappy on me now and let’s eat the food before it gets cold.”

Jinyoung pulled the chair for Mark before going to his side of the table. Before He can speak Mark beat him into it. 

“Don’t talk to me now Jin! Let’s eat I’m famished.”

Jinyoung mocked a hurt expression eyeing Mark as he replied. “I can see how grateful you are Love.” 

But of course its Jinyoung and Mark so they still converse sharing how their day went. Mark listening to Jinyoung’s rumblings about the new book his writing and the characterization he plans for the leads and also Jinyoung listening to Mark’s everyday drama in the office.

“Jin! I can’t belive Jackson that idiot really. I asked him to deliver some reports at the Marketing Dept. you know I’m doing him a favor so he could ogle at his crush on the said dept but I underestimated his idiocy, he put a sticky note on the report with his number and a winking face written on it before he handed it to his crush Youngjae, but the boy did not think it was for him so he directly gave the report to his manager with the note in it. Now old maid Crissy thinks I like her.”

Jinyoung cant help but laugh at loud with Mark’s story. He sounded so done and exasperated.

“Wow, my boyfriend is laughing at my misery.”

“Tell me what happened next!”

Mark rolled his eyes before replying. “Well, I told her the note is not from me and its not my number, I even told her to call the number and lets see if my phone rings. Jackson almost fainted hearing it though. Luckily, Chrissy dismissed it saying she just went there to clear things and told us to not do it again or she’ll have our assess reported to the HR.”

“You’re office had a minor ruckus then” Jinyoung said between his giggles.

“Nah, Jackson is the root of all the ruckus but I don’t want to undermine Bambam and Yugyeom’s capabilities. Why am I stuck with them.”

“I’m happy you’re stuck with them though, you’ll be a complete boring office guy if not for them.”

“I want to fight you on that, but Love this apple pie is heaven!”

“Well, Eomma gave me her apple pie recipe the other day. She said its about time I inherit the masterpiece.”

The night went by with a blur, they enjoyed their meal. When its getting a bit chilly they decided to continue their date in their living room with glasses of wine on their hands. 

“Love, what’s the occasion by the way? I’ve been trying to figure it out you know but I can’t think of anything. Our Anniversary is on January and its April now, our birthdays is both on September, surely it’s not Thanksgiving or Christmas. So tell me, are we celebrating some relatives birthday now?” 

Jinyoung chuckled briefly before he cleared his throat and put a serious expression on his face.

“Actually Mark, I want to talk to you about something.” 

“Yeah? What is it?”

“Mark, I feel like we’re drifting apart.”

Mark was beyond shocked hearing those words from JInyoung. He did not even make an effort to hide his surprise. He just stared at Jinyoung eyes and mouth wide open. A million thoughts raced through his mind hearing those words coming out of his lover’s mouth. A million of questions bombarded his thoughts `what went wrong?` `did he do something?` `was he not enough?` `why did he not see this coming?` More whats and whys plagued his mind. He did not know for how long the silence was, Jinyoung is now staring at the glass of wine in his hands thankfully he placed his glass on their coffee table before Jinyoung dropped the bomb or else the wine in it would have stained their carpet.

He managed to utter a soft “why?” how he was able to, that he don’t know when he felt suffocated every second now.

Jinyoung faced Mark this time looking directly on his eyes. “I- - - I don’t know, I j-just, I’m sorry.”

Mark closed his eyes. He don’t know what to say, he can’t even think. His head is a mess. The only thing clear is Jinyoung’s voice saying about drifting apart. How the hell is that even possible when they’ve been in love and happy. Even their friends thinks of them as a set, its always been Mark and Jinyoung, Jinyoung and Mark so why? What went wrong? Was he blinded by his overwhelming love for the other that he was not able to see how Jinyoung is for a while now. Was it because of his work and having less time to spend together? But no matter how hectic his work is he always makes sure to remind Jinyoung to eat his lunch through text because he knows how he could get lost into writing that he forgets the outside world. He cooks breakfast as often as he could before going to work so Jin won’t dive into working with an empty stomach. He makes sure to leave the office as early as he can because even if he’s working his off to earn money he knows that Jinyoung is above everything else in his list of priorities. 

“J-jin can we talk about this later.” He managed to say reaching for Jinyoung’s hands caressing them softly. Jinyoung was about to reply a protest but Mark cut him off, “Please, I--I just need to cool my head off first before talking with you, I don’t want to say things that would hurt you or lead us to heated arguments. I want to be clear headed first to understand your point okay? And make a rational decision after.” Mark said softly and he’s clearly blinking back his tears.
Jinyoung felt small hearing those words from Mark. He felt crying his eyes out, how is he so understanding at this moment, why is he still thinking about my feelings when even he himself is seconds away from breaking down. He uttered a small “okay, let’s do that.”

Mark sighed like he is relieved but honestly he wants to rip his head out of frustration. “Jin, I’m going to clean the balcony and do the dishes okay you go take a bath.”

“Let me help.”

“No, please it’s okay go prepare for a bath.” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s forehead before standing up and taking his hand to get him into his feet then slowly pushing him towards the direction of the bedroom.  

Mark did as what he told Jinyoung, after making sure that everything is in place in their balcony as if a romantic dinner did not happen there (He don’t want to think about that dinner being their last.) He washed the dishes and all the kitchen wares Jinyoung used to prepare for tonight. He’s aware about him buying some more time but as what he said earlier he also wanted to cool off. He’s thinking about the possible answer to his questions and when he’s done he came to a conclusion. He’s at Jinyoung’s mercy, he’ll give whatever it is that his love wants even if it means dealing with the most irreparable damaged in his life that is losing Jinyoung. Even if he’s one of the top students all throughout his school days, even if he’s titled the smartest kid in Math right now he had become a dumb idiot, he is Jinyoung’s dumb idiot. This should make him laugh but a sobbed escape through him, he’s crying his eyes out now while drying his hands because what would he do without Jinyoung. Before he could flood their kitchen with his tears he willed his self to walk towards the bathroom to take a hot shower before facing his demise. If he’s going to be dumped tonight atleast he’ll be freshly dumped. Jinyoung is using the bath inside their bedroom, they rarely use the one outside but he wants to buy more time so he decided to used the other. If he cried his self under the shower head, he surely did. 

He took a deep breath before he opened the door to their bedroom. He quickly made his way towards the closet for fresh set of pajamas. He’s done dressing up but he’s still facing the other way he knows Jinyoung is sitting on their bed but what he heard made him face the younger.

Jinyoung is looking at him crying. And if he think he’s pained a while ago this scene just broke his heart a million times more. He can’t stand seeing Jinyoung cry so he rushed towards him, he kneeled in front of his love who is sitting on the edge of the bed. He cupped the younger’s face in his hands wiping away the tears.

“ I---I I’m s-s-s-sorry!” Jinyoung hicupped the words out of his mouth. Mark did not reply to this, he’s now hugging Jinyoung rubbing his back gently. They stayed like this until Jinyoung was able to calm down.

The older broke their hug to fetch a water for the younger, they have a mini fridge in their room which has proved to be convenient a countless of times already.

They’re now sitting on the middle of the bed facing each other. Mark’s not sure what to say lucky for him he don’t need to as the younger is determined to initiate their talk.

“Mark, You’re a dumb idiot.” 

Well, that’s what he thought a while ago too but why is Jinyoung saying those words to him when them drifting apart is his idea and that is really a dumb one. 

“You’re a dumb idiot Hyung! You’re supposed to reply with Happy April Fools to you too when I said I felt like we’re drifting apart!!!!  

He felt Jinyoung’s thumb wiping something on his cheek it was then he realised he was actually crying. He’s shedding tears of relief and joy and whatever it is because damn Jinyoung was just messing with him. 

“Park ing Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung panicked the last time Jinyoung heard that was back when they’re in College and he accidentally broke Mark’s game console. And he spent a whole 3 days of begging for forgiveness not to mention half of his precious allowance was spent buying the older a new one. 
  
“Hey! Listen okay!” Jinyoung said hurriedly “The moment you talked about Jackson’s idiocy I know for sure that you were aware about what day is today.”

“Well if we based this through that it is safe to conclude that every day is april fools then.”

“You have a point, but! But you said you’ve been thinking about what is the occasion and you even said you know for sure that today is April!!”

“That does not explain why you didn’t tell me before I rumble about cooling my head!!!”

“That’s because I was in awe.” The younger replied sheepishly. “I was a breath away from either  kissing you senseless or scream in disbelief because I am loved by this fine fine fine fine man and the did I save a whole nation in my past life to deserve you. Look at you, you’re gorgeous, breathtakingly handsome and so damn ethereal! How are you not a model? And of course you have to be so smart too! Damn do you have super genes or what? But above everything else you you you’re the embodiment of love for me you know. You wake up extra early to cook me breakfast before going to work, you never fail to message me everyday to remind me to eat my lunch, when I’m stressed over a deadline you’ll have some food be delivered in the house for me when you’re not here. I never once felt that I’m not important to you or that you don’t care about me and I heard you crying in the bathroom and I cant help but cry too because I can’t stand a crying Mark and it’s because of my stupid prank. My editor told me how she’s amazed in the way I write love and then I told her that’s because of you. I love you so much”

“So, you’re really a writer huh. Using words to your advantage. But you can’t sweet talk your self out of this Park”

“Markeu~

“No, you cannot distract me with your cuteness. Now, you owe me a yes.” Mark stood up walking towards their closet. Jinyoung trailed behind him both hands clasping the hem of his shirt.

“But Mark my love, my sunshine, sweetie pie ahhhkkkkk I can’t go sky diving with you or jumping off a cliff ~

“Who said about sky diving? I meant this…..

The handsome office guy is now on his knees holding a small velvet box.

“Park ing Jinyoung, Will you marry me?”

“Oh my god! Oh my god!” Jinyoung is just looking at Mark who’s kneeling in front of him 

“Love, will you marry me?”

“Yes! A million yes” JInyoung pulled Mark on his feet and he kissed his now fiancè senseless. 

“Hey Jin! Happy April Fools~

“Ha! You wish Tuan, you’ve sold yourself to me. No turning back, now put the ring on~” which of course Mark complied. 

“But Love, Mark Park sounds weird so let’s have you be Jinyoung Tuan.”

“Hmmm I love that.”

“I love you.” 

The lovers hugged each other tightly swaying gently to the tune of the beat of their hearts, of their love. 

Later, that night as they were about to sleep in each others arms, Jinyoung received a text message.

“Who is it?” Mark asked.

“It’s Jaebeom Hyung asking if my prank went well. As my bestfriend it is his responsibility to plan pranks with me.”

“Tell him it was very much successful that you now have a fiancè at your disposal!”

“I’ll tell him tomorrow, for now let’s cherish this moment where only the two of us knows.”

“uhmm, I told my Mom and Dad Love so that makes us 4.”

“Geez I have to text Eomma, she’s going to kill me if he learned this from the Tuans.”

“We can’t have that. I’ll ask Eomma to let me marry you first.” Mark replied with a high pitched giggle after. 


    
   
    End.