Final

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“For how long should I wait today?” she asked, sultry. Her fingers tracing the rim of the beer glass that she ordered, the bar’s specialty, brew in house (that’s what her bartender claim)

 

“My shift will end in 30 minutes, princess.” A grin form at the bartender’s lips, earning a gummy smile from her.

 

“Okay! I’ll be waiting there, Dahyun” She pointed at a secluded place, only one meter away.

 

Earning a nod, she leave Dahyun to continue her work. Although she love watching Dahyun cleaning the glasses, or shaking the Martini shaker, or carefully choose the right drink for her customer but tonight she feel like watching from afar, admiring the bartender that caught her attention since the first day she was here.

 

 

It wasn’t her intention at first to come to this bar. She was dragged by her friends who insisted that she should having some fun while she’s young. She hate to admit that she’s hardworking. Her parents taught her since she was a kid that she will be the only one who will take over Myoi’s Legacy. Yes. She has a brother but her brother already protesting since he was younger so, she had to do it.

 

So, she studied hard. It was already her last semester at the college and she pretty much ace in every subject and even joined a theater club to make her results more clean. She has close friends that always encouraged her and she’s grateful for that. She never really had a dream, or hobbies (playing games aren’t hobbies, they’re passion) or even any interest on both guy and girl. Her aim was to graduate and take over the company.

 

It was the last day of her final exam where she was drag by Jihyo and Nayeon to this bar. It wasn’t pack and there’s not many people come as it’s located quite far from the college. It’s always calm, and even on her first time here, she didn’t felt annoyed. Especially when the pale bartender caught her attention.

 

“What can I get for the three of you, ladies?” Her voice is so soft, and sounded so confident with entertaining the customer.

 

“Any suggestion for us?” Nayeon asked, as her eyes roaming around.

 

“Well, we have the best beer in town, if you’re into beer of course.” The bartender suggested to them.

 

“Beer sounds good. Is it bitter? My friend here, she’s first timer.” Jihyo’s turn to asked. The bartender smile, shaking her head.

 

“Don’t worry, it isn’t bitter at all. Especially if a beautiful girl like her drinking it.” A wink was shot to her direction, and she couldn’t deny, that was so cheesy but she liked it.

 

Jihyo endlessly when the day after when she said she wanted to go to the bar again, giving excuse that she’s in love with the beer. She’s usually more like champagne or wine kind of girl as that’s usually she drink with her parents when they had dinner together.

 

“In love with the beer or in love with the bartender?” Jihyo’s smirk was still clear in her mind since that day. She immediately shake her head.

 

“The beer, okay? I barely know the bartender, how can I possibly in love with her?” of course she will deny it. Besides, in love was a bit too soon for her. Oh, if only she knew.

 

They went to the bar once again that night. But, it was a different bartender that served them. It’s a lie to say that she’s not disappointed. She can’t hide it at all, as that night she didn’t order the beer. Of course, Jihyo brought it up.

 

“I thought you said that you wanted to get the beer? I never know that coke is actually a beer?” Mina can tell Jihyo was teasing her but she’s too upset to care. Her eyes looking around, hoping to at least see a glance of the pale bartender. She didn’t even get her name!

 

“Excuse me, miss.” A tap on her shoulder made her startled. She turn around, to see the bartender that served them that night.

 

“I’m sorry but Dahyun asked me to pass this to you if you come here tonight. It wasn’t usually how she’s trying to ask a girl out, but she had an emergency so she had to go back to her hometown for this whole week.” The bartender explain, and hand her a piece of paper.

 

“Dahyun?” she asked.

 

“Oh, the bartender that served you and your friends yesterday.” Smiling, showing the dimple, the bartender answered before leaving her to continue her work. She took a glance at Jihyo who’s talking to the bartender, and she look at the paper she’s holding.

 

I really hope we can be friends. Didn’t manage to ask for your name yesterday, or your number. But here’s mine XXXXXXXXXXXX. I hope you will text me. I really want to get to know you better.

 

-Dahyun-

 

Of course she didn’t text Dahyun immediately. She waited for a week to go back to the bar. She’s tempted to start a conversation but she wanted to wait. She wanted Dahyun to ask for it herself. Often she found herself staring at the number that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter