Rosie

FIXED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROSIE’s

The next few days in the PH became a blur for me, everything went from zero to hero. Adjusting to the timezone is one thing but having to adapt to the customs and changes in lifestyle here is the biggest challenge. Truth be told I never want to travel across the different side of the globe and permanently live there, maybe a visit or two but to actually live and study?? Never. Well, that’s what past Rosie would’ve answered—present Rosie on the otherhand, would just go where her friends are at. Dependent? Yes, maybe a little too much. They are my family, I’d travel anywhere as long as I am with them.

 

“Chip, are you done na with your enrolment form?” Ah right, we’re currently at SMYG Univ we’re fixing our late enrolee papers so we can have our schedule na. Lines take too long pala here in the Philippines, they have one person attending to all faculty concerns rin kase I think that’s the reason why it takes too long.

 

“Yes Ma, did you get your sched na?” Mama was first in line because we wanted to follow her sched na rin. I mean in Canada kase you get to choose your own sched so I’m not quite sure lang if that’s the same here in PH.

 

“Hmm, we have 7:30am - 9pm classes not adjustable na daw yung sched since late na nga raw and we’re only in the classes which have extra slots.” Okay what?? 9pm?? How tf is that even possible?? Is that even allowed pa na you stay that late in class?

 

“Hehe ask ko lang po mga madam, ano bang course and section niyo??” Ate Seulgi asked. We’re here pala with Ate Wendy’s clique, sinamahan nila kami since they said na free daw sched nila the entire afternoon. Except for Jen’s sister, may extra reading daw siya according to Lisa since she was late daw kaninang morning.

 

“We’re taking BSMLS, based on our SRF it says here na we’re in 3A??”

 

“HALA!! SAME TAYO NG SECTION MADAM AYEN!” I chuckled, ang cute ng reaction ni Ate Seulgi parang kid na binigyan ng candy.

 

“Shh stop shouting, and it’s Irene not Ayen!” Mama laughed, ang wholesome naman their interaction. They look good together tho.

 

“Hoy Rosieposie, I see you eyeing Ate Seulgi and Mama ha. I know what you’re thinking”

 

“Luh, desisyon ka Jenjen?” Truth be told, it doesn’t matter how far Jennie is from me pero if she sees me she can read me—that’s how deep Jennie knows me.

 

“Pero I think they’re bagay too. Pwede rin naman si Ate Wendy and Mama??” Hmm, they look good together too pero in this case it’s too early pa para sa mga ganyan when all of us met kahapon lang.

 

“Too early pa for loveteams Jennifer.”

 

“Will you please stop calling me different names Chaeng” She pouted, and if I was brave enough I would’ve loved to pinch her mandu cheeks. Except, I wasn’t and despite being the closest to each other I always grow a cold feet towards Jennie.

 

“I have one different class nga pala from you guys, it’s just a minor anyway kase I’ve already taken up Art App in Canada so I’m taking Philo instead.”

 

“Hala Rosie lucky you kase you wont be alone in that subject!! Jan tambay si Jisoo kase she took art app rin last summer eh kase she wanted to take Philo and Ethics for an entire sem daw talaga because she likes philosophising nga daw.”

 

On my peripheral view I saw Jennie pout after hearing what Ate Wendy had to say. So being the bestest best friend that I am, I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and whispered something to calm her down.

 

“Don’t worry Mandu, it’s just an hour and thirty mins. You wouldn’t even realize na we’re not in the same class kase my sched for that is 9pm-10:30pm nasa house na kayo niyan. Til’ 9 lang classes niyo right??”

 

“Do we get to join you guys na sa 7pm classes niyo today?” Mama asked Lisa. She’s been oddly quiet today. When we ate kahapon kase she was like the third nosiest person there, first na talaga si Ate Jisoo then si Ate Seulgi, and then Lisa. Pero today she’s really quiet and I guess kahit si mama noticed it too. Mama is very observant kase sa people around her pero she’s really dense when it comes to herself.

 

“Ah yes, you guys can join na for later. You just need to show your SRF sa prof then yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter