Broken Heart Syndrome

Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New Seoul Medical Center

"How's patient Eun?" So Hyun asked nurse Erin while looking at the comatose patient in bed A.

 

Nurse Erin took a deep sighed. "Still no improvement doc, GCS 3, heart rate, 113-117, urine output still the same, lowest O2 sat last night was 65. We unhooked her to the machine and had to manually ventilated her till she reached 99% SPO2. Doctor Park had already talked to Mrs. Eun's family regarding her low chance of survival.

 

So Hyun felt sad. As a doctor who's job is to save lives, it's always heartbreaking to hear news of patient who's life is on the edge of death. Seeing their sufferings is like a knife stabbing her heart. It's too painful to see, to watch, to witness, but suffering is part of our lives.

 

So Hyun looked at the latest lab test on the chart. "Nurse Erin, let's stick to the current machine parameters, continue the antibiotics and call me if there any changes on her virtual signs." She said and headed out of the ICU.

 

 

Fatigue from 24 hours of duty pressed down on her shoulders. She was tired and sleepy. She decided to take a short nap and walked in the hallway toward the doctors quarter.

 

So Hyun was about to turn the knob when she heard her name being called in all corners of the hospital.

 

"Paging doctor Kim So Hyun, please report to the emergency room stat!"

 

So Hyun hurriedly went to the ER and was approached by Yoo Jung, a fellow doctor that was assigned in the ER.

 

"Doctor Kim, I'm sorry. I know you should be resting by now. But the patient wanted you. He said you're the only one who can cure him."

 

"It's ok." She smiled and tap Yoo Jung's shoulder.

 

"What's the case?" So Hyun asked Yoo Jung as they walked to bed 5.

 

"The man keep saying he's been suffering from broken heart syndrome eversince his pretty neighbor rejected his love confession." Yoo Jung said, shaking her head.

 

"Wow, so he must be head over heels in love with her." She whispered to Yoo Jung while shoving the green curtain of bed 5. Her eyes widened in surprise the moment she saw the man lying in bed.

 

"Jang Dong Yoon?"

 

"You know him doctor Kim?" Yoo Jung asked frowning.

 

"Yes, he is my.... my neighbor." She answered while moving closer to Dong Yoon to check his condition.

 

Dong Yoon opened his eyes and looked up at her. "Doctor Kim, please... help me.. I'm in.. pain.... ahhh." He said, clutching his chest and twisting his face into a mask of exaggerated pain.

 

"Where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter