Will You Marry Me?

Will You Marry Me?

“You wanna marry him?” Mother of the house asked the little cutie aged 2 years old. The little cutie who was going to celebrate his third birthday this July nodded shyly as he fiddled with his fingers.

“You tell him then.” She suggested.

Doubtfully the little cutie turned his direction toward the other boy in the room then said with his sweet voice,

“I want to marry you.”

The other boy glared at his mother. Not a bit liked this deed.

“Mom! Why did you ask him to do so?” he half shouted when telling this to his mother.

“I didn’t.” His mother told the truth though. She didn’t ask him, she just suggested it, whether Taemin finally out spoken it or not, it depended on his own decision. Yes, the cute boy was Lee Taemin. He was in his neighbor house. He was used to stay there until his parents or his older brother came to pick him. His neighbor helped to taking care of him when his parents were out for job and his brother went to school. Taemin didn’t go to school yet, same with his neighbor’s son.

“I want to marry you.” Taemin the little cutie asked again to ensure his neighbor listen to him.

“No” the other boy who was two years older than him denied Taemin’s wish.

“Why?” Taemin asked wondering why his hyung didn’t grant his wish. He stood with his arms around his waist, rather annoyed with the older one.

“Just no!” That simple sentence was what Taemin got. And he didn’t satisfied.

“Yes.” Taemin insisted.

“No!” his hyung rose his voice one octave higher.

“YES!” Taemin didn’t budge.

“NO!” his hyung finally cried out loud refusing Taemin. “Mom, I don’t wanna marry.”

Taemin sighed in defeat and didn’t continue to disturb the older with this marriage thing. While his hyung’s mom just laughed at her son, crying and whining.

 

***

Five years later Taemin brought the same question toward his neighbor. Yes, they still stay in the same neighborhood and went to same school. Every day they went to and got home from school together. It was rainy day, they couldn’t go outside played his hyung’s favorite sport – soccer. So they just stayed inside.

“Minho hyung, when will you ask me to marry you?” He said while they played monopoly together.

“I won’t.”

“But I want to marry you.” Taemin turned his back opposite Minho, his hyung, his neighbor and folded his arms in front of his chest.

“I want to sleep.” Taemin’s jaw dropped listening his hyung saying. Minho left Temin in the living room, heading to his bedroom.

***

 

In his tenth birthday Taemin’s wish was only for Minho to marry him. All of his relatives and friends knew this and support him. But still Minho was as rock as stone about his decision.

***

 

Minho didn’t go to the same school with Taemin anymore. Since now he was a middle schooler and Taemin was still in elementary. But he still accompanied Taemin to and pick him from school.

“Study hard, will you! Don’t talk to stranges, listen to your teacher, stop play around!” Minho reminded his dongsaeng.

“I’m not five hyung!” he said annoyed being treated like kid by his –going to be lover but happy at the same time because,

“You care about me.” He said and giggled like a girl.

Minho just rolled his eyes and then left.

When Minho came to pick Taemin, he saw that the younger boy conversed with someone he didn’t know. Quickly he came to Taemin’s side.

“What I’ve told you to not talk to stranger?”

“Hyung..” Taemin happily greeted Minho oblivious with Minho’s dark aura.

“Who are you?” Minho asked the ‘stranger’ who was actually Taemin’s classmate, but Minho never paid attention to.

“I , umm” the stranger stammered felt afraid by this sunbae.

“Don’t talk to strangers, let alone those who are stutterer!” Minho grabbed Taemin’s arm and took their leave.

“Are you jealous?” Taemin asked out of blue when they were in way home.

“NO!” Taemin had learned when his hyung used this tone, it meant end of discussion so Taemin didn’t ask for more.

***

In Minho’s graduation day, again Taemin asked the forbidden question. “When will we become husband and wife?”

“When you become a girl.” Minho’s answer upset Taemin. He really wished he was born as girl. Then Minho had asked him out already. But, he didn’t. Since then Taemin stop thinking that one day he will marry Choi Minho.

***

 

In Taemin’s second year in high school he received love letter from his classmate. Minho saw the letter folded in pink envelope and it smelled nice. He immediately asked Taemin.

“Are you gonna accept her feeling?”

“She’s nice.” Was only Taemin’s answer.

“Don’t accept her when you don’t even like her.” Minho warned.

“I like her, like I said she’s nice. It’s hard to not like her when she has nice personality.” Taemin argued.

“Then, go date Yuri, or Luna or Key. They’re so nice to you.”

“But they do not like me like this girl do.”

“Whatever!” like always, Minho left Taemin alone.

 

A week later Minho knew that Taemin had rejected the girl. He didn’t waste time to go confront Taemin.

“Why?” he asked without greeting.

“I listen to you.” This time around, Taemin left first, leaving Minho there. Unfortunately, this made Taemin missed a smile invaded Minho’s face.

***

 

It was Taemin’s graduation day. But until the end of the ceremony, Minho never came. When others celebrated their graduation and took pictures, Taemin went excuse himself and went to one of the empty class. There he poured his sorrow in cry. He felt alone and unloved. He felt he’s so stupid to have such a strong feeling and expectation toward Minho.

 

“When will you stop crying?” a voice talked to Taemin. He astounded hearing the voice he knew very well.

“Go! I don’t want to talk to you.” This was the first time Taemin reject Minho.

Minho looked at his dongsaeng’s face and felt his heart clenched. Those tears were made by him.

“Sorry I’m late.”

“I said go out! I don’t want to talk to you.” He refused to listen as he covered his ears to block Minho’s voice.

“Listen Tae,” Minho coaxed but Taemin slapped Minho’s hands.

“Go before I punch you!” Taemin threatened.

“No!” Minho used the same tone Taemin hated the most.

“You always said no, this time please say YES.” Taemin desperately pleaded Minho, referring that he wanted Minho to go, out off his sight.

“Okay.” Minho finally agreed.

“Then you know the exit.”

“No.” Taemin looked Minho in the eyes, confused with Minho’s answers.

“This is an important day, why didn’t you ask the question?” Minho asked, making Taemin more confused and unconsciously stopped crying.

“Go ask the question. I promise I’ll say yes this time.”

Looking at Taemin’s blank expression, Minho knew Taemin was not in the same universe with him. He then decided to ask instead of asking Taemin to do so.

“Will you marry me?”

At that time, Taemin held his graduation letter and it wrapped in storage like tube. He used that thing to smack Minho’s head.

“Did you just propose?” Minho perplexed by the question. Stupidly he nodded, then receiving another smack.

“First you came late for my graduation, and then you made me annoyed and upset, and now you proposed in very unromantic way. God, Choi Minho, I wonder what makes me love you?! You’re very insensitive person. You’re older than me but never more wise than me!”

“I love you too.”

“You never explain the reason why you’re late.” The younger demanded an explanation.

“Answer me first, will you marry me?” being stubborn Minho he had to receive his answer first.

“Choi Minho, that’s the question I wait all my life to be asked by you.” Taemin explained.

“Of course I will, you ..” before finishing his sentence Minho cut him.

 

“What was that?” Taemin asked bewildered.

“Our first kiss of course.” Minho answered with big grin on his face. Then he ended with, “I love you Lee Taemin. I do.”

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

 

what do you think?? please

 

SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT