Storm

Storm

Kim Seokjin. He was the epitome of a broke college student that was graced with the spirit of hard work and resilience. He was also graced of being with his sick father and having a rundown house to live in. The raven haired man never complained since he was the one who carried himself and his father on his back as he juggled multiple part-time work and school.

Then came in Jeon Jungkook. Jin never asked for the creature’s name. The devilishly handsome young man with a built yet lean body, messy black hair and a face that anyone could swoon for just suddenly appeared in his life like a storm.

Did he like it? Definitely not.

Did he want to strangle the man ? That was a huge yes.

Jin never believed the words that uttered from the man’s pretty lips that had a smirk formed. He was a demon, he said. A guardian demon to be exact. Jin merely scoffed. Like hell he would believe that. He facepalmed as he emphasized the word.

“What’s with you, Jin? Daydreaming or something?” The velvety voice of the demon that was sitting down on his worn down couch echoed in his ears. Yes, Jin quite believed that the man was a demon. He had too many occurrences that happened ever since Jungkook was with him to make him change his mind.

Jin whipped his head and folded his arms, “Actually, I was thinking of ways to kick you out of my life right now.”

“You know you can’t do that,” Jungkook gave a lazy grin, “I’ll be with you ‘till the end.”

The other rolled his eyes, “End me now.”

Jin’s eyes widened in surprise when Jungkook was standing just in front of him within his personal zone. He could practically smell the sweet scent of the raven haired demon before him.

Jungkook gave a slight scowl, “As much that idea sounds wonderful, I can’t let that happen.”

“Why’s that? I thought your goal was to torture my life.”

Jungkook wrapped his large hands around each of Jin’s forearms and pulled him a little closer. His eyes gleamed dangerously red and said lowly, “The keyword is ‘life’. You need to live for my job.” The demon then let the slightly flustered human go.

When Jin recovered, he stepped back and scoffed, “Ah, you always think about the job. How dedicated.”

Jungkook grinned, “Of course, I am.”

Jin shook his head, defeated. He walked to his now empty couch and plopped himself on it, “Seriously, if you’re going to be here for months, at least be useful.”

“I’m a demon, not a maid.”

“Maybe you could change things up,” Jin sarcastically said. He wasn’t in the mood anymore to try to be friendly with this man anymore. Jungkook wasn’t joking when he promised to deliver literal hell in many different forms.

He really wished he would have punched the man all those months ago.

Jungkook then visibly scowled. He realized that the human was in a snappy mood today and he couldn’t help but feel responsible for making it worse. He didn’t know why but he felt the guilt. It was surprising. A demon wasn’t supposed to feel such trivial things but he did.

Did the human tore up the coldness of his heart like a storm as well?

Jungkook plopped down beside the human and he was slightly alarmed that Jin didn’t even budged from his spot. The demon took this chance to observe the man up close. His red eyes trailed from the raven hair to his eyes that were glaring down at the poor floor, to his cute nose and pinch-worthy smooth cheek. Then, his eyes stopped at the full plump pink lips of the man.

It looked like it was begging to be kissed as the man pouted, a habit he does when he’s upset. The demon gulped the invisible lump in his throat.

It felt weird. Really weird.

The demon shook his head. He shouldn’t feel things like that. He really shouldn’t but he couldn’t help himself when he was around the human just beside him.

Jungkook slightly nudged at the broad shoulders weakly, “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Jin’s brown eyes locked with the demon’s red ones, “Nothing.”

Jungkook lightly scoffed, “Right. You pouting like a kid was not an indication.”

Jin glared, “Maybe being a smart- was what made me upset.”

The other grinned, “Well, at least you admitted you are upset.”

Jin huffed and crossed his arms. He looked away from the demon in annoyance. He knew that it was wrong to not vent things out whenever you were upset but it wasn’t like they were on good terms after Jin just kept on arguing with the demon.

“You know, I’m always here for you,” Jungkook said as he leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes.

Jin couldn’t help himself but look back at the demon with a raised brow, “I know. It’s because of your job, right? I get it.”

Jungkook slightly opened his right eye, Jin was slightly taken aback at how a warm glow emitted from it. The demon gave a small yet genuine smile, “Hey, maybe it’s because I care for you.”

Jin didn’t manage to hide his flustered face as he rolled his eyes, “Yeah, right. You’re just saying that.” He stood up from his position and left the demon alone on the couch.

Unbeknownst to them, both had smiles on their faces.

Maybe they were each other’s storm that was worth going through.