Library

Library

Library

The library is a small paradise for those who want to plunge into invisible and fabulous worlds.

A library is a place where you can enjoy silence and silence.

The library was for her a place where she could watch, hiding behind a compartment of books on the table, behind an older girl, a graduate of this year.

The library was exactly that place, the first dialogue between them, casual, fleeting, but so memorable.

For Jo Yuri, a sophomore of the art school, the main vocalist of the choir, adored among all her classmates and teachers, that meeting was memorable.

For the first time in 16 years of her life, she realized that light can be beautiful.

For the first time in 16 years of her life, she fell in love with the voice of another person.

For the first seconds, she heard angelic laughter, then a soft voice answered something to an invisible person, after which an unhappy growl sounded.

The girl’s voice, as it approached, acquired an image, a charming image of a red-haired girl with a sweet smile on her small face.

"Angel. She is an angel! ” thoughts flashed while eyes watched the girls progress toward the exit from the library.

Their eyes met by chance, fleetingly, but it was precisely this second that was enough for the heart to melt, to miss a beat.

The library became for Jo Yuri the place where she went to meet Angel, with the beautiful name Kim Chaewon.

***

Kim Chaewon, a graduate of the art school did not like the library. She did not like going there, rummaging through dusty books, leafing through the yellowed pages in search of the necessary information.

And why, nowadays, do we need a library when with one click you can find all the information on the Internet? Honestly, Chaewon did not understand the president of the music club in this matter. Why do music books? Music is a melody created from sounds and notes, and not from paper written pages. She enrolled in this club to show her talent in singing, in order to perform on the present stage in the future.

“- So, you all understood what needs to be done? If “yes”, then I’m waiting for your essay for tomorrow's lesson - the president’s words returned to reality Kim Chaewon, making her embarrassedly glows at the classroom, which was gradually empty.”

Damn, I thought again and completely fell out of reality. What again asked, Kwon Celeb?

“- Come on, Chaewon-unnie, I'll tell you everything on the way to the library - stopped next to her desk Kim Minjoo, one of the best friends, a recognized beauty.”

‘’Library? Again? - clutching her head, moaned Chaewon. - What is it this time?’’

“Let's go -Minjoo helping to pack her things in a bag, then she took it by the hand, pulled it out of the class,” we need to catch it before closing. I heard that today they have some special evening, so they will close at 18.00. We have at least an hour to get there and get a book. And it’s better for us to hurry, I heard that there are few copies left - Minjoo explained on the move, quickly descending the stairs, overtaking her classmates who also ran downstairs.

- But now there’s not even 17.00pm, why are we in such a hurry? - trying not to stumble while running, asked Chaewon, still not understanding the rush. - We can search the Internet.

“No, unnie, this is not an option, and you know very well - running out of school, Minjoo paused for a second to straighten her bag on her shoulder, to tie her hair in her tail so as not to interfere when running. - The President, somehow finds out that our essay was not written from the words of the book. There have been so many times, and you remember that ...

“Okay, okay, don’t remind me,” Chaewon interrupted, grabbing Minjoo by the hand, starting to speed up, apologizing if she accidentally hit someone in front of them. “Brr,” she cringed, “like frost on her skin,” remembered the gaze of Kwon Eunbi, their president.

Library.

Again, Chaewon was inside its walls, quickly jumping over the steps, went up to the second floor, almost noticing anything around. Minjoo, the first to catch her breath, she opened the door to the reading room, where there was almost loud silence.

They, as quietly as possible, barely breathing, went to the table where the librarian was sitting, almost encountering a pretty girl in horned glasses. That girl, clutching the book to her chest, looked down in embarrassment when Chaewon quietly asked for forgiveness. She simply nodded, without raising her head, seeding herself at the far end of the room, almost hiding behind a pile of books in front of her. For a brief moment, Chaewon thought that she had already seen this girl somewhere, this pile of books on the table.

“- Hello, please tell me, can we get the book "Spring Blues" by Miyawaki Sakura? Minjoo asked not loudly, almost leaning forward towards the woman sitting at the table so as not to disturb the others”.

“Sorry, but the last copy was taken by that girl in front of you,” she answered, pointing in the direction of that girl whose bright crown was hiding behind books at the end of the room. - If you want, you can ask her, maybe she can share with you.

“Thank you,” the girls thanked in unison, without thinking twice, headed toward the girl. “Chaewon-unnie, this time you'll ask,” Minjoo said, looking halfway at her friend, she only nodded in agreement.

***

Jo Yuri did not believe her eyes.

The angel was back in the library. Her bright aura lit up again all around, giving happiness from her presence alone. Recently, Kim Chaewon rarely began to appear here, so Yuri completely lost heart, somehow meeting her again.

Although, Yuri could calmly watch in the music club in which she was a member, she was afraid to lose control over her feelings. She was afraid to open herself up to everyone and again become a laughing stock, as in the previous school. She avoided bright rooms, gave herself all to silence and darkness. Because the darkness will not betray, it will keep its secret. Therefore, she came to the library.

Her friends did not understand, Yuri did not explain the reason, she just came here, resting and gaining strength.

Today, Yuri was not going to arrive so early, a meeting with the library was scheduled at 18.00pm, at the very request of the president of the music club Kwon Eunbi. The director of the library today celebrated her birthday and therefore requested that someone from the club perform at the dinner party. The first name that came to mind was Jo Yuri, so the club president voiced it. She gasped, gasped, enthusiastically clapped her hands, asked to send it to Yuri and no one else. The request sounded literally:

“Let Miss Jo sing Taeyeon, at her discretion.”

Yuri was not surprised at this request, she was often invited to such evenings, she never refused. She liked to sing, convey emotions through her voice. She merged with the music, a girl named Jo Yuri disappeared, leaving an image on the stage shrouded in darkness with a small glow of a searchlight or a table lamp.

Arriving at the library today, Yuri simply again wanted to plunge into the darkness, become one with her, then to convey all her feelings through the beautiful text of singer Kim Taeyeon.

She was just getting ready for the upcoming evening when she got an sms from Kwon Eunbi about tomorrow's essay. Yuri was lucky to take the latest copy of the popular book. And who would have thought that she again, like the first time, accidentally collides with the elbow of her left hand with her right hand Chaewon.

Again, as then would be so close to her.

So close that he hears her breath, sees a nice wrinkle between the eyebrows, a slightly narrowed left eye.

So close that she can hear the minty scent of her perfume.

So close will hear her voice, softly speaking, as then:

- Sorry.

What remained Yuri in this situation? Just nod, tilt your head to your chest, hide your pink cheeks from her, hide her trembling voice from her.

Yuri thought she was safe when she quickly went to the far end of the room, hiding behind books.

Yuri thought she could take a breath, calm her fast beating heart.

All the thoughts that bothered her brain suddenly disappeared, leaving an empty space when the same angelic voice asked:

“Sorry, could you please give me a couple of minutes?”

***

“Sorry to bother you, but can I ask you something?” - Seeing a frozen girl, asked Minge, sitting down next to her.

Minjoo seemed to see this face as a numb girl. She, of course, did not know who was sitting in front of her, but she definitely saw it somewhere. But I didn’t remember where ...

“Sorry, aren't we familiar?” - after a short silence, Chaewon asked curiously, sitting down in front of the girl.

"Unnie," mentally slapped her forehead on Minjoo, "you're straight as always, she might get scared ..."

“It's just that your face is very familiar - the girlfriend did not give up, carefully looking at the face of the girl who is currently covering her cheeks with her hands, trying to hide the bright blush. - What is your name?

“Yuri. Jo Yuri,” the girl said shyly.

“ Jo Yuri ?!” Minjoo exclaimed loudly, pointing to the girl, having earned a stern look from the librarian. She quickly apologized, continued in a whisper, still surprised at the unexpected meeting. “A girl whose photograph weighs at the entrance to a music club? A young schoolgirl with a great voice, with the help of which our school received prizes?

“I knew that we knew each other. In absentia, - added Chaewon, trying to look into the girl’s eyes, but she embarrassedly kept them on the table. - Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Chaewon, and next to you is Minjoo ...

“I know who you are - taking your hands off your cheeks,” Yuri said, her emotions became even more pronounced with excitement. “We are in the same club.”

“Yes, of course,” Minjoo giggled confusedly, shifting her questioning glance to Chaewon. She nodded, then breathed air into her lungs and asked:

“You probably heard about tomorrow's composition?”

“Yes,” she reached out to the vertical book, opened it, and flipped through.

"You now ... that is ... do you need her now?"

“- Now?” Yuri pursed his lips, tracing his index finger across the page. “Now, I don’t need it. I was going to take her home to study.

- Well! - Chaewon leaned even closer to the girl, their faces almost touching. She froze in fear, not moving away, raised her eyes from the table, glared at them in the eyes of Chaewon. - Give us her? We will read while you are here and make the necessary notes.

- ...

“We will be with you, we will not change places, will we, Minjoo?”

“Yes,” she took the initiative to Minjoo, although she immediately realized that they had not heard her, all her attention was focused on Chaewon.

Minjoo smiled to herself, perfectly understanding the influence of her friend on others. Her presence alone was enough for everyone to agree. Obviously, JoeYuri was no exception, thought Minjoo, seeing the girl slowly nod her head.

***

The library is a paradise for those who love solitude.

For her, the library became the place where she was able to watch the angel from afar, hiding behind books.

That was until this moment, when the angel herself approached her and spoke.

Yuri was as happy as ever.

Yuri did not believe her happiness.

Pretending to read another book and write something down in her notebook, Jo Yuri secretly glanced at the bowed red head opposite her. Holding her breath, she listened to every breath, noticed any trifle, remembering these moments. When is the opportunity to be so close to Chaewon yet? You need to take care of the minutes spent next to her, so that later, in silence, in the dark, voice your heart through the lyrics of other people's songs.

Before Yuri could enjoy the girl’s campaign, it was all over.

An hour passed quickly, the library was supposed to close.

“Thank you, thanks to you we will pass the essay tomorrow,” Chaewon smiled amiably, returning the book to Yuri. - Minjoo, will you go to my place or go home?

“To you, unnie. Thanks for everything, Yuri, “ Minjoo smiled sweetly, but instead of a pleasant smile, she saw frowning brows and a displeased expression on her face.” You are not going?”

“Let's go together, Yuri, the library is already closing,” Chaewon realized, looking back at the girl who was sitting.

“You do not need to wait for me; I am waiting for someone - sadness flashed in Yuri's eyes.”

“Ah, then, okay. Meet me tomorrow, Yuri, for now,” she waved her hand goodbye, not forgetting to give the girl a sweet smile, and went ahead.

“See you tomorrow, Yuri,” Minjoo said goodbye, catching up with Chaewon and leaving the dark room with her.

“See you tomorrow,” she sighed sadly, laying her forehead on her crossed arms on the table. “I had such an opportunity to stay with her longer, but I missed my chance. But, there is still progress in our relationship - in Yuri’s voice there was still sadness, but a small smile appeared on her face. “My precious memories of her, there are more of them,” she smiled sweetly at herself.

***

“God, I hate this,” Chaewon complained as she stopped abruptly, causing Minjoo, who held her under the elbow of his right hand, to stumble.

“What happened, Unnie? Why did it stop so abruptly?” leveling the balance, asked Minjoo.

“I left the keys in the library,” Chaewon complained, looking imploringly at his girlfriend. - Minjoo ...

“No, I will not be back,” Mingu said flatly, covering her eyes so as not to fall on the sweet side of Chaewon. "Go yourself, we have not gone far." And I think you still have time to close. Hurry, Chaewon-unnie.

“Minjoo ...”

“No! Go!” Still covering her eyes with her hand, she said to Minge, stepping back from her friend.

“Okay. Then wait, I'm right there “ she surrendered to Chaewon, leaving her bag next to Minjoo's legs, and ran to the library. Fortunately, they did not really go far enough.

Chaewon ran as fast as she could, but still barely had time to close it. With a sigh, she quickly explained the problem, she was let in, crushing her for a maximum of 10 minutes. She confidently said that this time was enough, flying up the stairs to the second floor, breaking into the reading room. Apologizing for the intrusion, she ran deep into the room where Yuri had previously sat.

Her keys lay prominently. Grabbing them, she turned to the exit when her ear was caught in a barely audible voice.

Curiosity triumphed over reason. Trying not to disturb, Chaewon went on, finding a ladder, and began to go down until she stopped on the steps of the first floor. She saw familiar blond hair.

Yuri? What is she doing here?

Having looked closely, Chaewon noticed that the girl had changed her outfit, now she was not in school uniform, but in a beautiful blue strapless dress, the hem of which reached just above her knees. Earrings glittered in ears, blue shoes on a small heel. The girl held a microphone in her right hand, and a phone with lyrics in her left.

Chaewon recognized the tune from the first notes.

Is Yuri going to play Kim Taeyeon "My Tragedy"? There are high notes if she can ... Yuri can. Oh my god, how beautiful! What a piercing, sensitive voice she has! She is so beautiful!

**

For her, the library used to be hell, which always lured her to her.

Previously, Chaewon did not want to go there voluntarily, only in fear of the wrath of President Kwon Eunbi, she had to overcome herself.

She did not understand why the library was needed, how sideways it was connected with music.

While today, standing on the steps, hiding from the girl, Chaewon realized how beautiful the voice is when there is such acoustics. So far, she did not accept the faded light, illuminated only by the voice of Jo Yuri, who sang her favorite song.

Leaving the library, Kim Chaewon was under hypnosis, for the first time in 18 years of her life, her heart missed a beat, let the name “Jo Yuri” into her heart.

***

For several weeks, the relationship between Yuri and Chaewon has been rapidly changing.

Over the course of several weeks, Jo Yuri pinched herself several times, and during these times, she felt pain.

Throughout these weeks, Jo Yuri has been as close to her admiration as possible.

Jo Yuri and Kim Chaewon became girlfriends.

They exchanged phone numbers.

They sat at the same table in the dining room.

They went on a date together.

Together they laughed at the jokes of Minjoo.

They went to the library together.

Jo Yuri did not believe that this is all real. Each new day, the dream is extended, drawing new pictures of random moments associated with Kim Chaewon.

Over the past few weeks, they have become so close that for the first time, Yuuri was able to hold Chaewon's hand. Chaewon freely laid her head on her shoulder. She shared her secrets, dreams, desires. Their fingers intertwined, playing with each other as voices spoke.

The heart of Jo Yuri over the past few weeks, fully aware of it, burned out the name "Kim Chaewon."

She admitted to herself that admiration for the angel had grown into a serious feeling.

Jo Yuri fell in love.

“This is the worst feeling for me, because if I really fall in love, I know that my love is not destined to happen.” Because my love is a sin. And no one wants to share this sin with me.

“Why are you so harsh, Yuri?” once asked her friend, to which she received a shrug and a sad answer:

“This is exactly what is happening in our world.” I never want to fall in love again. Love only hurts. Love makes me run away

"I do not understand why you are running away? Stop, maybe this time, everything will be fine."

"I stopped many times, and when I stopped, my heart was broken, laughed in the face, spread rumors, pulled away from me. No. Enough. From now on, love is taboo for me.”

And so, Jo Yuri fell in love again, again recognized the word for the letter “L”.

Unfortunately, from experience, she knew that a word with the letter “L” would forever remain only a word.

Until the time when their paths diverge, Yuri must hide her feelings, trying to bury them deep in her heart.

Never admit it.

It will be better this way!

May her heart remain whole this time?

***

"Minjoo, I want to tell you something. You are my closest friend, and it is to you that I want to entrust my secret. I know, only you will understand me. I fell in love. Fell in love with a girl. The name of this girl ..."

"Jo Yuri, am I right, unnie?" looking into the Minjoo bathroom, where Kim Chaewon trained her speech near the mirror, preparing for bed. She jumped from surprise, clutching at the chest, scaredly looking at her smiling girlfriend. “It took a long time to wait, unnie.” I have known your secret for a long time, if you want to know, then you are obvious. As Yuri had not yet seen this, I just do not understand - when leaving the bath, Minjoo said, sitting down comfortably on the bed of Chaewon.

"Minjoo, you scared me" finally found Chaewon's voice, sitting down next to the one on the bed. "How long have you been here?"

"From the very beginning. I’ve been listening to your speech for 15 minutes. So when do you confess to Yuri?"

“Tomorrow, I want to confess tomorrow.”

"Tomorrow? Tomorrow is the Day Peroro! Ah, unnie, you are so shameless," Minjoo giggled in embarrassment, gently hitting her friend in the arm.

“I didn't even think about it, Minjoo!” Blushing, denied Chaewon, although secretly thought about it for a long time.

“So I believed you, unnie.” How long have you understood your feelings for Yuri?

“From the day I returned to the library for the keys.” I heard the most beautiful voice on earth. My heart took this voice, and after the voice took on a silhouette.

“I'm glad for you, Chaewon-unnie.” Go and conquer her!

***

Kim Chaewon could fall asleep all night. She tossed and the bed, trying to close her eyes. But as soon as they closed, Chaewon saw Yuri's silhouette in front of her, heard her soulful voice calling her.

Restless thoughts also did not allow to fall asleep, tormented her with questions: "And if ..."

Her heart pounded in chest, beating the rhythm in tune with Yuri's voice.

So the next morning Chaewon woke up broken and depressed, but at the same time decisive.

"Today, I will not miss a moment, I confess. And then, whatever happens."

***

Jo Yuri, for the same reasons, also could not sleep normally that night. Only in relativity from Chaewon's restless thoughts did she dream of the past. Past memories, past relationships, sweet speeches of a girl who is two years older than her. Betrayal of that girl. Broken heart.

Waking up the next morning, Yuri realized that she was crying.

She lay in a fetal position, breathing heavily, trying to calm her shaking body, to force the past to leave her alone.

"You are not here. You are my past. You are in another city. You are not here. No, no, no…"

***

Today Jo Yuri did not want to see Kim Chaewon.

She avoided her.

Which was not characteristic of her, since she was always looking for a meeting with an angel.

Therefore, so that they would not find her, Yuri went to hide in the library.

She was allowed in without problems, although the library was closed to visitors that day.

They made exceptions for her.

- I want to rehearse one song, but here is good acoustics.

Here is her reason.

Not really, true, but not quite a lie.

She did not prepare the song for singing, but the words themselves found themselves in the voice.

Words written by her heart.

Turning away from the entrance, resting her elbows behind her back, looking up at the dull ceiling, Jo Yuri began pouring her heart into songs composed right here in the temple of peace and tranquility.

**

It was here that Kim Chaewon found her.

**

Again, the library.

Only now Chaewon did not begin to hide herself.

She came and sat next to the singing girl, resting her head on a bent elbow, admiringly listening to Jo Yuri's voice.

 

Again, the library.

A paradise for scribes.

A heavenly place inhabited only by twilight and silence.

A heavenly place for a beautiful voice.

A paradise for healing the soul, understanding your heart.

 

A library where silence is gold.

You can’t speak loudly here, otherwise you will disturb the silence.

You must not run here, otherwise you will disturb the silence.

Here you can only communicate in a half-whisper, and even your whisper will be too loud for the readers.

 

The library is not for romantic feelings.

The library is not intended for sweet speeches.

It is dominated by books dusty on shelves.

Here they worship science, scribbled pages of great authors.

 

The library is not ...

 

- Yuri, I love you ...

 

That's all.

The voice breaks off ...

Silence…

Squeaking seat ...

Steps…

 

- Yuri, I love you ...

 

That's all…

There is no further way ...

I feel your arms.

So warm…

I hear your breath ...

So warm…

My heart beats faster ...

So warm…

My past, it disappears ...

How warm I am with you ...

You are my medicine…

Strange ...

But still so warm ...

“Yuri, give a chance to the present ... I want to be your gift. Will you allow? "

***

The library is a small paradise for those who want to plunge into invisible and fabulous worlds.

The library is a place where you can enjoy peace and quiet.

The library was the first place where Jo Yuri could from afar silently watch a girl named Kim Chaewon. Her angel.

The library was that point of indecision and despair, where among empty shelves, unnecessary words, Joe Yuri kept her past.

Now, over time, the library became for her the place where she loved to return, holding the hand of a girl with whom she had been in love since high school.