One

Beautiful in White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not sure if you know this

But when we first met

I got so nervous I couldn't speak

In that very moment

I found the one and

My life had found its missing piece

 

 

Chaeyeon didn't know what to expect when she was asked to sing for her bestfriend's marriage. There were many variables of why she did not expect and wasn't confieldent with singing for the event. But here she is, sitting in front of a grand piano while wearing a black tux and pants, circled in her neck was red butterfly tie, it's collar was the only thing in color she ever see in this year, one color she ever spotted in her gray dull life.

 

Red like ruby, and red like her heart, as well as red like blood. Her heart, once feel like a sparkling ruby, now turn into a bloody mess inside. Scar is present, and Chaeyeon can feel wound being made each time she took a breath. While looking ahead, the piano beside the altar.

 

She took a deep breath before pressing her fingers down on each correct tuts. Tune after tune, being melodically sang from the piano's string, creating chord after chord, intro of her last song she will ever sang. Her finger danced flawlessly, almost if it wasn't for the slightest tremble that grew with every tuts she press. At least, people can't see her mistakes.

 

Then came the moment she have to sing, she prayed inside for God to grant her wish. For she cannot let her pain to show. Her voice, contrast with her inner turmoil, is steady as she breathed lyrics out.

 

Lines were delivered perfectly, Chaeyeon kept her gaze on the tuts as she doesn't want to waver now. She refused to, or her tears will be free. She sang and sang, in clear voice accompanied with beautiful melody from the grand piano.

 

Then come when the last reff has to be sang, Chaeyeon found herself tempted to take at least one glance to the altar, where her best friend stood with her partner, together with a smile as they gazed at the audiences. And Chaeyeon did, she took a glance and that's when she cannot gaze elsewhere.

 

Her bestfriend was truly a sight, an ethernal beauty she have ever witness. Magnificent, and she cannot help but sang a little more expressive, a piece of her heart went out along with the lyrics. Honest, was what her voice sounds like.

 

So as long as I live I love you

Will have and hold you

You look so beautiful in white

 

"And from now 'til my very last breath

This day I'll cherish

You look so beautiful in white

Tonight"

 

Because yes, her bestfriend is so beautiful in white. Miyawaki Sakura---No, Kang Sakura---truly is gorgeous, with her gown hugged her petite body and then flared after her waist until the tips and the draped cloth touched the floor. Her long hair is keep just the way Chaeyeon likes it, free.

 

And so the first tear rolled down, followed with another and another. Now, she's crying a river and she thank the God for everyone focused on the wedded pair, and for her voice to not waver. Her fingers were another story. It trembles and shakes like there is an earthquake. It keep presses down tuts, still creating the happy beautiful melody. She didn't sobs, she didn't wail. She silently cries. Yet, the wound deep inside Chaeyeon, cries harder, sadder.

 

Her bestfriend, which is also her love, is married to Kang Hyewon.

 

 

It's one of the variables. Her love, is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter