Final

You're Half Of Me Now

A/N: Mistakes are mine as I was a little delirious while typing this. Not the best grammar, but, I try. Please click on the songs for more pleasant reading experience. Enjoy!

 

 

The sound of faint music coming from the vehicle’s speaker was almost lulling. A soft smile etched itself on the corner of her lips, as she recognised the song. How could she not?

 

It was their song.

 

Closing her eyes, Joohyun lean back against the seat, feeling herself completely relaxed and calm at the soothing sound of the music.

 

She remembered the first time they shared a slow dance under the moonlit sky, casting an ethereal glow upon them. It was not the most graceful dance she had, considering they were both dancers. But it was also what made it more memorable, made them realise that they were imperfect, that they were just human. That night, they both learned something. Something they whole heartedly embraced.

 

They were right for each other.

 

A vibration in her pocket snapped her eyes open, fishing it out with her nimble hand as she slid her fingers on the screen. Another smile etched itself on her lips, except this time, it was a full blown smile, a smile that grows from love and fondness.

 

Come back soon. I miss you, I love you

 

It does not take much thinking from Joohyun’s side to type back an answer. It is like an instinct, an answer from the heart.

 

I’ll be there soon. I miss you, I love you xx

 

Sliding her phone back into her pocket, she tapped on her manager’s shoulder, prompting them to drive faster. Her manager gave out a laughter at the request, throwing a smirk back at Joohyun’s direction.

 

Despite the playful banter they just shared, Joohyun did not miss the fond look in her manager’s eyes. She was over the moon that her manager completely supports their relationship. She was glad she was surrounded by good people. People she cares about. People that cares about her.

 

Feeling a halt to the vehicle, Joohyun opened the door, but not before looking back at her manager with a thankful smile.

 

“Get home safe.” Her manager gave a thumbs up and by giving her the ‘shooing’ motion with their hand.

 

Chuckling as she closed the door, Joohyun walked back into the apartment lot. She was home, but not really. Punching in the number to their lot, Joohyun noticed that the room was dimly lit, with the source of light coming from the kitchen.

 

The space was admittedly quiet, what with her fellow members going back to their home town. She was given the freedom to go back to her own home town, but Joohyun chose to stay back. She needed some solitude from home.

 

Feeling some what thirsty, Joohyun helped herself with a glass of water. Just then, she felt the familiar presence from behind her, before a more familiar pair of arms s itself around her midriff.

 

She has always been light on her toes.

 

A soft kiss was placed on her nape, Joohyun closing her eyes from the sensation as she shudders. Wordlessly, she turned around in the arms.

 

“Hi.” Joohyun whispered, lips barely an inch away from the subject of her fondness.

 

Pressing a light kiss on Joohyun’s lips, Seulgi pulled back slightly, nudged Joohyun’s nose with her own.

 

“Hi,” another kiss. “How was the live?” Seulgi asked, having not watching the live.

 

Joohyun had told her not to watch it, as it was something she wanted to share with her fans personally. Seulgi had pouted her way, Joohyun almost giving in at the look, but Seulgi respected her enough to understand her decision.

 

“It was great. I loved it. I’m happy. They were so kind and funny and intelligent. I missed doing Instagram live with them.” Joohyun threw her head back for a laugh when Seulgi pouted.

 

“I still don’t get why you reprimanded me from watching your live, tho. I’m sure it was fun.”

 

Brushing the few wild strands of hair into place, Joohyun pressed a kiss on Seulgi’s button nose. “It’s nothing personal. It’s just something I want to share with them. I owe them that much for not doing an Insta live often to communicate with them.”

 

A dreamy smile appeared on Seulgi’s face. She loves it whenever Joohyun kisses her nose. She can feel all the love, the adoration, the fondness. It touches her heart how a simple gesture can move her so much.

 

“Fine. But! You owe me a favour for that.” Seulgi waved a finger in front of Joohyun, wagging it back and forth.

 

Joohyun raised her right brow in question. “And what may it be?”

 

Wordlessly, Seulgi smiled and kissed her forehead, taking Joohyun’s hand into hers as she led them out of their shared apartment into the lift. Joohyun was curious on where was Seulgi taking them, but she trusted the other girl with her whole existence.

 

“Where are we going?” Joohyun asked, knowing Seulgi will not provide her the answer she wants, but tried nevertheless.

 

Seulgi simply smiled again, tightening her grip on Joohyun’s hand a little as a sign of comfort. “You’ll see.”

 

Comforted by the slight hand squeeze, Joohyun asked no further question. They were going to the rooftop, that she knew.

 

Did she prepared a surprise for me?

 

When she saw nothing out of place, she was pleasantly surprised when she saw nothing out of the ordinary. No lights, no surprises. Nothing.

 

“Seulgi? Baby? What are we doing here?” Joohyun asked again, still searching for the surprise, or the lack thereof.

 

Maybe her members came back just to surprise her?

 

“I know what you’re thinking. No, the members are still back at their home town. There’s just us here.” Seulgi stopped them in their tracks.

 

“I know you said no to me buying you gifts, and I didn’t because I know you’ll get something way more expensive for me next year,” Seulgi rolled her eyes at that. Knowing well how much Joohyun loves to spend on her.

 

She appreciated all the gifts, big or small. Joohyun always went out of her way to get her a memorable gift. But Seulgi always felt guilty because she knew how Joohyun worked hard for the money. Although Joohyun always waved her off about it.

 

Joohyun smiled at the slight display of annoyance from Seulgi. Nothing can change her mind from giving Seulgi all the things she deserved. Hell, Joohyun would give Seulgi the world if she were able to.

 

Joohyun will not stop buying gifts for her, though. She loves to spoil the other girl too much.

 

“So, I prepared something for you. It’s nothing significant or anything, but, I know you’ll cherish it just as much.”

 

Joohyun was finally surpised when Seulgi stepped back and bowed a little, her right hand sticking out for Joohyun to grab. “Dance with me?”

 

Drowning in the twinkle of Seulgi’s eyes, Joohyun almost did not hear the latter’s request, having so entranced by the way Seulgi looked under dimly lit lighting.

 

With a smile, Joohyun took the offered hand and they stood into each other’s personal space. Resting her head against Seulgi’s chest, Joohyun closed her eyes.

 

Seulgi’s presence had always calmed her, but the girl’s heartbeat were entirely different. It anchored her. It reminded her that somehow, in a way, in a significant way, Seulgi was her other half. The half of her, that she lost whilst growing up, and found again. Like Seulgi had completed her.

 

She heard Seulgi rustling for something, and not a moment too short, a song was playing from Seulgi’s phone. Pressing a kiss to Seulgi’s pulse, Joohyun followed Seulgi’s lead.

 

 

They slow danced, both so in sync. It felt like how they first slow danced, but also differently. Now, now they understood each other. There was no awkward twirling, no misstep, no stepping on each other’s foot by accident.

 

Joohyun had never felt so light hearted for so long.

 

“What’s the name of the song?” Joohyun asked, humming along.

 

“Do you like it?” Seulgi asked, speaking into Joohyun’s hair.

 

Joohyun nodded. Their slow dance now morphed into a simple side to side step. “Love it.”

 

“It’s Repeat Until Death by Novo Amor,” Seulgi spoke softly. “When I first heard it, I thought of you. Thought of our first dance together, under the moonlit sky, just like now. I thought to myself ‘yeah, I’d definitely love to grow old with her’, you know?”

 

Joohyun raised her head from Seulgi’s chest when she heard the girl’s words. Tears on the corner of her eyes. She was burning so much for Seulgi and she knew, Seulgi was burning just as much for her.

 

“Even when you’re old and wrinkly, cranky and grumpy,” Seulgi joked, earning a laughter from Joohyun. “I’d love to stay with you.”

 

Joohyun knew it was not a proposal for something they’d both want in the future, but it was a promise. An indirect way of Seulgi stating that she does in fact, want to be with Joohyun for a long time.

 

It made it even better. Because it was a promise that Joohyun hold on to. Seulgi rarely promises anything, so she knew, she should hold on to just this promise.

 

“I love you, so much.” Joohyun’s fingers traced themselves on Seulgi’s face. From every curve to every slope, Joohyun etches it into the very back of her mind.

 

“I’m aware,” Seulgi grins. Her smile then changed into something much softer, mirroring Joohyun’s. “I love you too, Bae Joohyun. So much.”

 

“Happy Birthday, Joohyun-ah.”

 

Seulgi’s kiss has never tasted sweeter on Joohyun’s welcoming pair of lips.

 

Yeah. Joohyun absolutely cherishes this gift more than anything she’s ever received for her birthday.

 

 

 

Thank you for your time <3