Getting used to things

Build-a-Boyfriend

Jongin hates many things, similar to how he hates Thursdays.

However, yesterday didn't end as bad as he thought he would. In fact, with the introduction of his new boyfriend into his life, he believed he hated Thursdays just a little less.

Only a little though.

With that being said, Jongin also hates waking up early, especially when he has to wake up for work. He knows how he shouldn't take things for granted though, because he knows that there are other people who have to wake up earlier than he does. That doesn't change the fact that he hates it.

But today, even after being woken up by his boyfriend at an ungodly hour last night, Jongin woke up completely refreshed.

When he woke up, he realized that Kyungsoo was already awake and staring at Jongin's face with innocent, brown eyes. The two were still connected, and the smaller boy somehow brought himself closer to Jongin in his sleep. Jongin couldn't help but chuckle a little when Kyungsoo looked away and hid his face into Jongin's neck once their eyes met. It felt so natural, and it was like they had known each other for years.

Despite that, Jongin knew that he couldn't get himself lost in his delusions. There was still a lot to learn about this new relationship, and he knew he had to be patient. With a small yawn, Jongin released Kyungsoo from his grip and stretched, earning a little whine from the smaller boy when he shook himself off. Jongin rolled over onto his side, blindly looking for his phone on the nightstand beside the bed to check the time. It was about 7:15am, so that gave him about an hour to get ready.

"Good morning, Jongin."

Jongin sat up and looked at Kyungsoo, who was still wrapped up in the blankets and observing Jongin.

 "Good morning. Did you sleep well?" He gave Kyungsoo a soft smile, admiring how the sunlight seeping into the room highlighted Kyungsoo's beautiful features.

There was no denying that Jongin felt an attraction towards the boy. When he pushed the android factor aside, he noticed that Kyungsoo presented himself a little more loosely today. The boy's expressions were no longer limited to a default poker face. To add to that, Jongin swears that there was the tiniest bit of pink that dusted Kyungsoo's cheeks, as opposed to the abnormally pale skin that he had seen yesterday.

Kyungsoo nodded sheepishly, "I'm sorry that I woke you up last night."

Jongin unconsciously brought his hand over to Kyungsoo's head and ran his fingers through the soft, messy hair. Kyungsoo still stared into Jongin's eyes and pouted.

"No, it's okay. You needed help. I'm sorry for calling you annoying, I was just tired."

Kyungsoo's pout broke into a small smile, "Thank...thank you for...not sending me back."

Jongin's heart sank. Was Kyungsoo worried that Jongin would abandon him? 

"This is new to us. Nothing's perfect, right?"

Kyungsoo pursed his lips and sat up, turning his entire body to face Jongin.

"I was made...to be the perfect boyfriend for you," The boy broke eye contact, "I feel like I'm not doing my job."

Jongin was taken aback by Kyungsoo's sudden sincerity. In front of him was not a souless robot, but a vulnerable boy with faults like all living beings. Were all androids like this? Why had Jongin not noticed this from androids before?

"We're still learning, and you're not gonna go through this alone. I'll be here for you." Jongin reassured Kyungsoo with a caring smile.

Kyungsoo opened his mouth as if he were going to say something, but closed it and returned the smile, replying with a simple "Okay.". 

Jongin hastily grabbed for his phone again to check the time and hopped off the bed to begin with his morning routine.

"For me, work starts in about an hour. I'll most likely come home from work at around 5:30pm."

Kyungsoo hummed in acknowledgement as he watched Jongin looked through his wardrobe for work clothes and trudged into the bathroom for a morning shower.

 

When Jongin walked out of the bathroom fully dressed and clean, he noticed that Kyungsoo was no longer in the room, but there was a pleasant smell of bacon coming from outside. He went out of the room, following the mouth watering smell and found Kyungsoo in the kitchen, whisking at a yellow mixture in a bowl.

"Kyungsoo?"

The boy flinched when he heard Jongin approach him from behind. Jongin watched curiously as Kyungsoo prepared the meal.

"I wanted to make myself useful...so I started making breakfast. I just finished making bacon if you want to start eating." Kyungsoo gestured to the dining table, where there was indeed a plate with 6 strips of bacon. 

Jongin stared at the smaller boy in awe, "You didn't have to make breakfast. I usually just grab something from the convenience store on the way to work."

Kyungsoo didn't reply, and continued on with preparing what Jongin assumed was an omelet. Jongin sighed and sat over at the table, in front of the bacon. It was greasier than what he was used to eating for breakfast, but he was grateful that he had someone that would care for him like this. He eagerly picked up a strip of bacon, eating it as he glanced at Kyungsoo, who was now pouring the egg mixture into a hot pan on the stove.

Jongin admittedly liked seeing the doe eyed boy doing something as simple as cooking. He enjoyed the unusual domestic feeling that warmed his heart, and there was a wave of nostalgia that washed through his body. It reminded him of his childhood, a really weird way, when he saw Kyungsoo cook by himself. It was almost like he was his wife or something.

Wife? Really Jongin?

Jongin shook his head and focused back onto the plate in front of him, which was now missing 3 pieces of bacon. Just as he finished chewing his 3rd piece of bacon, Kyungsoo came up from behind Jongin and placed an expertly prepared omelet in front of Jongin, next to the other plate.

"Thank you, Kyungsoo." Jongin smiled. The smaller boy sat across from Jongin and watched in anticipation. 

The omelet was amazing. It was soft, and filled with various cheeses and vegetables that he had no idea he had bought.

Maybe they should have breakfast like this more often, Jongin thought to himself.

From across the table, he noticed Kyungsoo staring at him, unblinking.

"What are you thinking about?" Jongin chuckled, catching the other off guard. The boy blinked, but didn't take his eyes off of Jongin.

"I don't know..." Kyungsoo mumbled as he furrowed his eyebrows. Jongin laughed at the newfound timid nature of the boy.

"You're silly."

Kyungsoo's face flushed and he finally looked away, another pout forming on his heart shaped lips. As cute as this was, Jongin believed that he liked seeing Kyungsoo smile more.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop."

"You have nothing to apologize for." Jongin grinned and stuffed another piece of the omelet into his mouth.

Kyungsoo ducked his head, "I like looking at you..."

"Oh do you now?" Jongin questioned the other with a joking tone, making Kyungsoo's breath stutter. Kyungsoo didn't respond verbally, but he shifted in his seat and nodded.

Jongin was curious about his boundaries, and wanted to know how close he could get to the doe eyed boy.

But boundaries have already been crossed, right? They already slept in the same bed, so what are they supposed to do in this situation? Jongin curses his lack of experience in love.

"Come sit next to me," Jongin patted the chair next to his, making Kyungsoo tilt his head in curiousity.

"Why?"

"Would you like to eat with me?"

Kyungsoo blinked hard, contemplating for a moment, "Would it make you happy?"

"Maybe. Would you like to find out?"

Kyungsoo answers by getting up and finding his seat next to Jongin's. Jongin grinned and pulled the chair closer, making the smaller boy yelp in surprise. The boy watched Jongin as he cut into the omelet with a fork and brought it up to Kyungsoo's mouth.

The doe eyed boy closed his eyes and chewed, sighing with content when he swallowed.

"Good?" Jongin asked, taking the fork back and began cutting another piece of egg.

The boy nodded sheepishly, pink dusting his face, "Can...I have another bite?"

Jongin's heart leapt at the sight of the cute boy with his mouth full. He had the unexplainable urge to wrap his arms around the smaller and never let go.

"Of course, Sweetie."

Kyungsoo nearly choked at the new pet name as Jongin fed him another piece.

"Are you able to taste things like humans do?" Jongin wondered aloud, unconsciously smiling when he saw Kyungsoo with his mouth full.

"I don't know. I just know that...I like the things that I've experienced so far."

Jongin put the fork down and pressed his hand onto Kyungsoo's adorable (in Jongin's opinion) chubby cheek. He caressed his face and stared into the wide, innocent looking eyes in front of him.

"I promise to give you all the good experiences in the world."