Time

It is always you

Brown eyes dart around the venue looking for something, or rather someone.

An hour has passed and she was about to give up until she spots that oh-so-familiar blonde hair. 

 

There she is.

 

Standing still in the dark backstage, looking down at the microphone in her hand with her blonde hair cascading and covering the face Joohyun missed dearly. She walks towards the girl but abruptly stops. 

 

No she thought and slowly backs away.

 

Joohyun shouldn't approach the girl, not after how she disappeared for years, only to come back to announce her very own wedding to her best friend through text.

 

Her feet however, seem to have a mind of their own. Before she knew it, here she stood behind the person she values the most, the person who's been there from the start, the person that loves her. 

 

Time seems to stand still, with the chatter of the guests serving as background noise behind her. The person with their back to her didn't seem to notice and Joohyun uses this chance to study her from behind. 

 

Short blonde hair that goes below her shoulder and a brand new suit that softly hugs the curves of the younger's body. Joohyun can feel her face heat up a bit at that thought.

 

For s sake Joohyun you're acting like a lovestruck high schooler.

 

Seconds turn into minutes and then Joohyun taps the younger's shoulder. 

The younger girl jumps a little, her eyes wide as saucers when she turns around quickly. 

 

Seungwan's gaze went soft when she sees it's her. 

 

She smiles and Joohyun can't help but to smile back.

 

Seungwan's smile however, didn't reach her eyes like it used to. It's the kind of smile that seems forced, the kind of smile perfected to mask her sadness.Any ordinary person wouldn't notice at first glance, but this was Son Seungwan in front of her. 

 

She knows this girl like the back of her hand. 

 

She looks at Seungwan's eyes and her breath hitches.  Her eyes are still as beautiful as when they first met, but it wasn't showing kind of emotion except sadness. Seungwan looks away first and she lets out a deep sigh. Joohyun saw the redness around her eyes that shows that she has been recently crying.

 

Joohyun was wondering if she caused this.

 

If she caused her sadness. 

 

The silence between them was comforting and very familiar even though none of them has said a word yet. A small smile forms on Joohyun's lips when she sees Seungwan stare at any part of her face and avoids her eyes.

 

It wasn't weird. She felt flattered but she won't say that out loud, not in front of her.

 

Joohyun reaches out to hug her dear friend but Seungwan steps back, shaking her head with a sad smile on her face. 

 

Joohyun's arms fall back to her sides and oh how she wanted to see this girl be happy again. Seeing her friend put up a strong face and failing, she hears her own heart break and she hopes Seungwan heard it too. 

 

Minutes seem to have passed for Joohyun, but in reality it was mere seconds. 

keeps opening and closing, like a fish out of water, trying to get some words out.

 

Seungwan turns around and starts fiddling with the mic stand and her microphone. Joohyun felt her already broken heart turn into dust as she felt heartbreak for the second time in a day.

 

"Thanks for coming to sing for my wedding Seungwan" Joohyun whispers softly as to not break the fragile girl. "I wasn't even sure you were going to come"

 

She didn't say anything for a while, Joohyun just stood there waiting, begging silently for the person in front of her to say anything. Seungwan slowly turns around and looks at Joohyun

 

"I wouldn't dare miss the happiest moment in your life for the world unnie" 

 

Liar