face me.

Long Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My feet were planted to the ground as I stood in front of an unfamiliar bar in the hustle and bustle of downtown Seoul. Having been gone for the past six years, a lot of things have changed, but the nostalgic warmth and familiar smells greeted me wherever I went.

 

 

Memories of both good and bad filled my head, and though I wanted to push them away, they stayed. After all, they’re your memories shared with others, and some who you wish you could forget. But again, it’s difficult if they’ve greatly impacted your life. 

 

 

My eyes were glued to the blinking and flashing neon sign of the lounge I continued standing in front of. Jazz music could be heard music from outside, and as much as it invited me in, some part of me was reluctant to step foot inside.

 

 

“Are you going to come in or are you just going to stand there and stare like a creep all day?”

 

 

My gaze lifted back down, making eye contact with the bouncer standing beside the entrance. He wore a fitted black shirt tucked beneath a simple pair of pants. 

 

 

“I’m sorry,” I apologized. 

 

 

I listened and pushed through the doors. As expected, a live jazz band was playing on stage. There wasn’t much dancing to be seen compared to clubs, but don’t be mistaken, I preferred lounges anyway. They’re calmer and the music is worth listening to compared to random noise and messy beats so-called DJs spit out nowadays.

 

 

Light chatter was heard throughout the room. The setting was diverse, ranging from friends catching up over a drink, couples out on a date night, to co-workers unwinding after a long day’s work. 

 

 

The main attraction to this lounge, though, was the bar. The alcohol collection was to die for, and they served the best types from around the world. I’m also assuming that’s why so many people were there. 

 

 

So I sat on the barstool, waiting for the bartender to notice my presence. Her back was facing me due to her attention being on the glass she was drying. Her black and layered hair was tied up in a high ponytail, and her figure was slim but healthy, nothing too alarming. Just the sight of her back was beautiful and I was confident she’d look even better if she turned around. And as if reading my mind, she did so, but I certainly didn’t expect to know her. 

 

 

I sat there shocked as she smiled at me. My mind was scattered and it didn’t want to believe that she was there, but unfortunately, the situation was crystal clear. 

 

 

My ex of six years, Kim Yewon, was standing there with a wide grin on her face.

 

 

God, she was beautiful. I couldn’t hide that fact. 

 

 

“How may I help you?” She asked sweetly. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter