Final

Counting Sheep
unedited

 

Kicking off the blankets for what felt like the millionth time, only to pull them back up to his chin less than ten seconds later had Jimin groaning in frustration. He heard the door creak open, and opened his eyes, squinting at the brightness caused by his boyfriend flicking on the light switch. 

"Still can't sleep?" Yoongi asked gently.

Jimin responded by angrily by wrapping himself in his quilt; as if making himself a burrito would somehow get the message across. Fortunately, living with him for over a year allowed Yoongi to understand exactly what that meant. He chuckled at his lover's antics, and made his way to the bedside in only a few strides.

He reached down to Jimin's cheek, eliciting a bratty whine from the latter when he pulled away only a few seconds later. "I just can't get comfy." He pouted, "can't you come to bed yet?" 

Despite already knowing the inevitable response, Jimin still playfully narrowed his eyes when Yoongi shook his head. "I still have to finish up some work Chim." 

"But you already went to work today." 

Although the complaint was true, Jimin also knew that Yoongi's demanding job meant that work didn't stop when he left the office, but that didn't erase the lonely feeling he found himself sitting with from time to time.

Yoongi sighed, already knowing what was going through the other's head. Knowing any sort of logical argument would be futile, he settled for the compromise he always suggested: "What if I laid with you until you slept?" 

Jimin perked up at the offer, immediately moving over and making grabby hands at his boyfriend to indicate this must be put into action now. 

Letting out a playful sigh, he let himself get comfortable; Jimin immediately fitting himself into Yoongi's hold as if they were magnets. He smiled lazily up at the elder in a silent thank you, a gesture which Yoongi responded to with only a bit more energy. 

They stayed like that for a while, the pad of Jimin's thumb tracing invisible circles on the back of his lover's hand, while the latter opted to gently massage Jimin's scalp; an action which he had learned relaxes Jimin more than most other things do.

"Y'know I really appreciate this, right?" He mumbled into Yoongi's black t-shirt. Immediately the fingers on his head ceased, moving down the side of his face, and along his jawline, until he reached his chin, lifting up Jimin's head to look into the other's eyes.

"I know, Love." 

Satisfied with the response, and elated at the endearment, Jimin snuggled back into the comfortable cotton, allowing himself to melt into the body heat surrounding him, as he felt the gentle movement on his scalp again.

It didn't take long before drowsiness overtook his consciousness, and Jimin allowed himself to seep into the darkness of sleep, before he felt an arm slide from underneath him. He whined in protest, knowing full well he was far too tired to do anything else. With his eyes remaining closed, he smiled at the gentle kiss on his nose before he sensed the older pulling away completely. 

"Goodnight Chim." The older whispered before quietly walking away, so as not to stir the other more than he already had. "Sweet dreams."

"G'night." Jimin slurred, completely aware, but not caring about how inebriated he sounded, as he finally let himself succumb to exhaustion.

================

I know it's short, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of it. Hopefully y'all enjoyed it enough to reach the end. I know its pretty cliche, but it was actually inspired by how my boyfriend deals with me when I cant sleep.

Comments are love <3333