Biking

Bikes

Beomgyu and Taehyun were riding their bikes until they reached a park which was perfect for tricks. Since Taehyun wasn’t that much confident and amazing back then,

 

Beomgyu challenged Taehyun for a friendly competition of showing off who’s the best at bike tricks. It was a simple but Taehyun never knew any basic tricks.

 

Beomgyu finished doing tricks when it was Taehyun’s turn to do so. Well, it didn’t end up well. 

 

Right after Taehyun did a trick that he didn’t know was difficult, he landed but was hurt on the knee.

 

T: bro, what have you done to me?

 

B: You just landed a difficult trick but you were hurt while touching the ramp.

 

T: Well, that was unexpected, at least, I could still ride this bike.

 

B: Come on, I’ll fix your problem. Better luck next time bro.

 

T: Fine. But thanks anyways for helping me.

 

B: No problem.

 

Beomgyu and Taehyun came back home. Beomgyu treated Taehyun’s hurt knee.

 

T: (I should better than you next time. In a few months, we’ll see what happens...)

 

Taehyun was determined to be better than Beomgyu, and the day after their bike battle, Taehyun went to train hard to master bike tricks.

 

He took a lot of injuries but recovered really fast. It was frustrating for him first until he suddenly tweaked a little bit of the techniques to land tricks perfectly.

 

It took a few weeks until Beomgyu realized that Taehyun wasn’t really up for his competitions. So he called Taehyun after this.

 

B: Taehyun!

 

T: What?

 

B: Are you really up for the bike battle?

 

T: Sure...

 

B: (Finally, I thought he’s doing something else this time.)

 

B: Where?

 

T: The same park as the last time we battled.

 

B: Ok...

 

Taehyun hanged up right after to ride on his amazing bike and accelerated really fast until he’s at the park in a few minutes.

 

He took a little bit of time since he practiced some of the tricks that he learned that would fit with the park he used to get hurt with.

 

T: This time, I going to be better than that guy...

 

Beomgyu arrived a little bit before Taehyun but was amazed when Beomgyu saw Taehyun’s bike.

 

B: Wow Taehyun, how did you get that bike—

 

T: My spare money, I still have some left after all.

 

B: Let’s go battle then.

 

T: I’ll go first.

 

B: I’ll do it first then.

 

T: Alright...

 

Beomgyu didn’t know what would happen right after he did simple tricks.

 

After Beomgyu did some tricklining, Taehyun’s monstrosity tricks would come next as he accelerates toward the course.

 

Taehyun accelerated really fast as if he was in a BMX competition, he did some complex tricks and Beomgyu was shocked when he did land them perfectly.

 

B: Woah, didn’t expect you to be a LOT better this time. How did you learn these things?

 

T: Training, of course. If I was scared back then, the park is now scared of me. That’s determination and some frustration there.

 

B: Can you teach me?

 

T: I’ll show you how. But of course, back to the medium level tricks, you’re going to be hurt a lot of times so I advise you to get ready for a lot of pain.

 

B: I’ll take the risk, just treat me fine and I’ll be a little better than I was before.

 

And so, Taehyun taught Beomgyu some new tricks. Beomgyu would improve right after and would later on, be at the same level as Taehyun.

 

From being casual bikers, to competitive masters, it takes skill and determination to to bike tricks that are difficult to do. 

 

Taehyun didn’t give up while Beomgyu realized  that it’s a lot more fun to be a little adventurous, and that’s what biking is all about.