Thirty-two

Vain [Revised]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back, and crying over the fact that this revised story is almost done (。╯︵╰。) 
Overall, I passed all my classes. Now I just need to stop procrastinating on filing my FASFA for fall semester.
Playlist: Fall In Love - SF9

Jaehee’s POV:
Noona!

"Jungkook!" I shouted as I heard him call for me. I sat up to see an unfamiliar room along with being in an unfamiliar bed. The hospital? I looked around the room. It certainly was the hospital. What the hell was I doing here? I looked at myself. My arms were bandaged also with me hooked up to an IV. "Agh." I groan as a pain throbbed in my head. "What the-" I felt my head. It was also bandage. Then I remembered what had happened. "Oh…right." I mumbled.

"Noona!"

I gasp from the thought of remembering. "Jungkook!" I pulled the IV off me and bled a bit when the needle came out. I got off the bed and headed towards the door. It opened suddenly, revealing Mark. "M-M-Mark." I said.

His eyes widen. "Yah! What are you doing?! You're not supposed to get out of bed!" he scolds.

"I have to get somewhere! I have to go to Jungkook! He needs me!" I shouted. "Get out of my way!" He blocked me as I tried to make my way around him. "Mark, move or else."

"Or else what?” he says. "How come you didn't tell us? How come you didn't tell us that you were going to meet up with Dragons?!"

"I made my choice to do that. Now, move!"

"I'm not moving," he said. "You're in no condition to be doing anything right now."

"Mark Tuan! Move!" I shouted. I was so desperate and angry that I wanted to cry. I held a fist in my free hand while the other held onto my arm from bleeding where I had pulled out the IV.

"What's going on here?" I looked behind him to find Jin. He walked into the room. "Why are you guys arguing? This is a hospital. Please respect the other patients who are here."

"Jin," I said as I went up to him and held his arm. "Get me out of here. Jungkook is in danger, please." I begged. He looked at me. "Jin, please! We need to get going before something happens to him!"

"Jaehee ah," he said calmly as he took my hand off his arm, "You need to get some rest first."

I blinked a few times as I could feel myself starting to cry. "...Jin..." What the hell has gotten into him? Does he not know that his best friend is probably at the urge of dying right now?! “Jin, you-“

"Come on, go back to bed." He said as he pulled me. I jerked my hand away from him, facing both Mark and Jin. "Jeon Jaehee," he said, this time in a harsher tone. "Stop fighting and just take everything slowly." I scoffed at him. "I know that them taking Jungkook is hard to take in. Who knows what's happening to him right now? Do you not know how hard it is for us also? BTS and I? We're all worrying our off here too! Not just only you alright!"

I fell down flat and cried. I couldn't hold it in any longer..."Jungkook ah," I mumbled. "Oh, Jungkook ah!" I held my knees towards me. "Noona is sorry. I’m so sorry…"

I heard Jin let out a sigh. He came beside me. "Stop crying," he whispers as he held me into his arms. "We'll get him back, so stop crying. I promise we'll get him back no matter what." I cried harder as he ruffled my hair.

"What- What just happened?" I'm guessing it was Hoseok. "Why is Jaehee crying?" He asked. I heard more footsteps by the doorway.

"Noona…" said Yugyeom.

"Come on everyone. Let's get out," said Mark. "Let's leave Jaehee alone for a while. She needs to rest."

The door was closed shut as Jin calmed me down. My breath was skipping from one to another as I finally stopped crying. Jin brought me over to the bed and I settled down. He sat beside me and held my hand. "I'll surely get Jungkook back no matter what it takes.”

"We will get Jungkook back." I said.

His grip on my hand tighten. "Just don't do anything without telling either me or Mark. You have to give one of us a heads up from now on. Mark and I...well…ee worry about you a lot, Jaehee." He paused and bit his lip, "Especially Mark. When his mom called about you meeting with our dad-"

"She what?"

"The only thing on Mark's mind was you." He said right away.

“And…You?” I heard myself asking him.

Jin sighs. “Jaehee, to be honest, Mark is a better fit for you compared to me.” He fidgets with my fingers. "I don't know. I had a lot on my mind. To be even more honest, I thought about how I was going to go against our dad. Will I have the courage to do it? I know my dad isn't the best dad, but he's still our dad."

"It's alright. I understand.” I said as I rest my other hand on top of his. “It’s okay, Jin.”

He didn’t stop though. I could tell Jin was starting to feel guilty for feeling whatever he was feeling. "But Mark, he…he didn't fear anything at all. He faced our dad with courage and went against him. He fought for you, and I didn't-"

"Jin, stop. I don't want to hear it anymore." I said as I fixed myself on the bed. "Leave me alone for now. I am kind of tired…" I faced my back to him and closed my eyes. I felt him crept up behind and kissed my head.

"Sleep well." he whispers.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mark’s POV:
"What do you think about me and Heeyoung getting engage?" Hyunji spat out the drink in as I asked her. We all were outside of the hospital building as GOT7 were comforting BTS about Jungkook. I really liked the view of them. It was heartwarming. "We're a good match, right?" I smiled to her.

She raised an eyebrow. “Mark, are you sick? Did something hit your head? You don't even like Heeyoung unnie," she said. "Don't force yourself. Don't you like that girl? That Jaehee girl in the room earlier who was hugging Seokjin?" Our eyes met. "The way how you look at her was different. There was a mix of jealousy and sadness, yet love was showing."

I chuckled. “Love? Hyunji ah, you know what love is?” She glared at me and I smiled. "Jaehee doesn't like me." I said.

"What kind of girl doesn’t like you? You're Mark Kim." Mark Tuan, I corrected her mentally.

I pat her head, "Then shall I get engage to you?" I joked.

"Tsh, don’t even think about it. I have someone I like-" she covered immediately. I looked at her as her eyes widen. "I-I m-mean…Uhh…No, I will never-"

I smirked, "Who is it huh? Do I know this person?" I looked to Jackson, "Jackson?"

"Of course not!" she shouted as she stood up. GOT7 and BTS looked to us. She sat back down calmly and lowered her voice, "Jackson is my best friend, of course not."

"Well that's not what he thinks."

"I know," she groans. "I can tell. I like someone else though. Someone who's...close to him…” she bit her nail, "I like-"

"We need to talk," said Seokjin as he approached us. Hyunji and I exchanged looks before she got up and went to Namjoon and Jackson. Seokjin sat in Hyunji’s spot beside me, keeping a distance between us. "I have decided," he started, "I'll be the one to follow dad's decisions on things.”

I looked at him, confused. "What are you talking about?"

Seokjin sighs. "Mark, I'm entrusting Jaehee to you. This engagement thing between the Lee's and us, I’ll-“ He sighs again. “-I'll be the one to do it."

My jaw dropped a little, and then I scoffed. "Are you trying to act tough right now? The person that Jaehee needs the most is you! How are you just going to leave her like that? You've been with her the longest, you're closer to her, and I'm pretty sure she would prefer you more than me!"

"Mark. I can't stay by her side any longer. If you were to stay by dad's side, then I probably would be by her side.” I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter