Crush On Ryu

Crush On Choi

To say Ryujin liked Lia was the understatement of the year.

 

Julia Choi. Choi Jisu. Sometimes Ryujin would aimlessly say her name over and over again for no specific reason at all. She just liked saying it. She also liked Lia’s smile, Lia’s face, Lia’s voice, Lia’s cute hands, Lia’s extremely symmetrical shoulder’s, Lia’s silly laugh, Lia’s giggle- my god did Ryujin love when she giggled- and oh gosh! The moment when Lia invited her to earn loads of cash so they (yes they- as in just them two) could buy a summer house in Normandy- holy did Ryujin feel like marrying her on the spot (mayhaps she even has a savings account for that house) it was like- everything happy in the entire universe came together to form Choi Jisu. Lia was so—

 

“What the Ryujin,” Chaeryeong suddenly said next to Ryujin in the van, causing the rapper to jump in surprise.

 

Have I been thinking out loud?!

 

“This guy just beat me in omok! What the hell!” Chaeryeong complained, squinting in anger at her phone screen, playing the game Ryujin knew nothing about, but she gave Chaeryeong a pat on the back regardless, to sustain their friendship.

 

Yuna was on her right side, eating some chips which she probably stole from Yeji, but that wasn’t Ryujin’s thing to decide. (How come Yeji never got mad at Yuna for eating her chips?) And Ryujin took a look at the girl, and she decided that Yuna would be perfect for her plan.

 

What was her plan? She didn’t really know actually.

 

“Yuna-yah,” Ryujin called rather quietly, since Yeji and Lia were seated in front of them, though the distance was quite far and Yeji seemed to be in blackout mode while Lia had her airpods on full blast, Ryujin definitely wanted to take the safe route with this.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What does Lia like?” Ryujin asked, Yuna taking a moment to register the question.

 

Thinking about it now, that was a question of quite low intellect on Ryujin’s behalf.

 

“What? Why are you asking me?”

 

“From a roommate perspective- you know?” Ryujin asked, hoping Yuna would just let it go and give her the answers she needed in order to proceed with her day.

 

“Well, she’s a little silly- that unnie- but she’s a nice person,” Yuna answered with confidence, causing Ryujin to scrunch her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Yuna. I asked you what Lia likes- not what Lia’s like,” Ryujin clarified her question, and Yuna formed an ‘o’ with , indicating she now understood Ryujin’s odd request.

 

“Lia unnie…… she likes chocolate…… and songs….. music….. lots of good music you know……. i’m pretty sure she likes books- and- wait- why can’t you ask her yourself?” Yuna suddenly came to that realisation, causing her to and eyebrow at Ryujin, and it came out pretty loud, earning Chaeryeong’s attention from her omok- which was a miracle in itself. 

 

“Why? What’s Ryujin asking?” Chaeryeong asked.

 

“Yah, weren’t you playing omok?” Ryujin said, trying to divert Chaeryeong away from her conversation with Yuna.

 

“I kept losing to this old guy- if I play one more time I might break my phone in frustration— now tell me! Maybe I can help,” Chaeryeong said the words Ryujin was hoping not to hear most, but there they were- about to discuss Lia’s favorite things.

 

“Ryujin unnie wants to know what Lia unnie likes,” Yuna said, Chaeryeong now wearing a look of suspicion on her face.

 

“Why so sudden?” Chaeryeong turned to Ryujin, who was trying hard to contain her blush.

 

“Exactly! I was wondering the same thing!” Yuna and Chaeryeong inched closer to Ryujin as well as each other, and Ryujin felt a hint of sweat building on her neck.

 

“I- well- you know- it just crossed my mind- since like- we haven’t gotten that ideal type question yet on radio shows,” Ryujin answered, trying to shove the nervousness down to stop Chaeryuna from further pressuring her with Lia related questions and just drop it.

 

Well, Ryujin brought it up- it's her fault she got into her very own puddle of mess in the first place. Now she must pay. Oh universe- why didn’t she just run off BBC and debut as the last member of Loona instead- Heejin would’ve totally welcomed her- and she wouldn’t have to deal with this stupid crush.

 

Though that Yves girl looks like quite the heartthrob-

 

No Ryujin! You belong to Lia!

 

Wait what the actual -

 

“Oh? So you want to know Lia unnie’s ideal type now?” Yuna said, a smirk on her face- and Ryujin knew- she ed up.

 

“No- not that but things like that,” Ryujin tried to respond with confidence, but her answer just sounded like gibberish to her fellow maknaes.

 

“Dating related things?” Chaeryeong pointed out, and it was doomsday for Ryujin.

 

Curse Yuna and her loud voice.

 

“Aha! I get you now unnie,”

 

“Yeah Ryujin, you’re not very subtle,”

 

I’m not??

 

“You totally like Lia unnie,” Yuna said with that devilish evil maknae smirk on her lips, and Ryujin nearly passed out.

 

“I don’t!”

 

“What do you mean you don’t? You like- wear the shirt she gave you every other day and you keep hogging the washboard to wash that thing- who the hell hogs a washboard unless for romantic reasons!” Chaeryeong retaliated at the speed of light, but Ryujin was at a loss for words- she doesn’t know what she means- because according to the biggest aka her heart- she was now head over heels for Choi Jisu. Cool.

 

So with Ryujin’s mouth opening and closing like a fish, both Chaeryeong and Yuna confirmed one thing- 

 

“Girls! Get up! We’re here!” The manager suddenly called out, waking Yeji from her sleep and allowing Lia to pull out her airpods, shoving them back in their case.

 

“It’s gametime!” Chaeryeong said out loud, as if referring to today’s show- but the wink she sent Ryujin and the smirk she turned towards Yuna said something far more different. And something much more troublesome..

 

Oh Yves…….

 

——————

 

Ryujin loves Yeji. Like, forever. Yeji was the best leader, best roommate, and the best friend Ryujin never really had.

 

But oh boy- did Ryujin want to snap her neck sometimes.

 

I mean, it wasn’t really her fault Jisu was super clingy to her and the producers yelled Couple Dance at times where Ryujin and Lia weren’t dancing together. But like still- what the dude- why’d you gotta do me like that. Half of the population of twitter is already on team Yejisu-(Yes, Ryujin checked the tags) what more now? 

 

Again, the universe was throwing her signs that Yves was where to go to.

 

Then again, Ryujin did not enjoy the idea of being slaughtered by Kim Jiwoo barehanded.

 

Chuu was such a little ball of sunshine.

 

Yeah because she could Ing BuRn YoU!!

 

Touché monologue Ryu.

 

Touché.

 

I mean, regardless, Ryujin did get to call her name informally multiple times over, god Jisu is so ing cute. So it was a win for team Shin. In your faCe Hwang!!

 

Are you alright Ryujin? You’re talking like it’s the Twilight Saga all over again...

 

Probably not.

 

Oh my god don’t even get me started on the thigh game— I swear a part of Ryujin did indeed want to let her win- but she knew that if she did Yeji would’ve questioned her for ten years in the room and ChaerYuna- god don’t even get me started on those two.

 

INCOMING MESSAGE [COC (~—~)]

 

The Second Lee

Hello fellow maknaes!

 

Shin Nayu

Ayeeeeeeeeee

 

Unfortunately Ryu

What is this group chat?

Why does it exist?

What the is COC?

Itzy is one! We already have the gc as five!

 

Shin Nayu

Well, unless you want to discuss your PHAT crush on Lia unnie in the itzy group chat…

 

The Second Lee

Hey not a bad idea, maybe they’ll date faster.

And COC stands for crush on Choi

 

Unfortunately Ryu

Thats…… stupid………...

Shin Nayu

Chaeryeong unnie if she says stupid things can we reveal her to Lia unnie?

 

The Second Lee

Even if she does smart things- lets just do it!

 

Unfortunately Ryu

Seriously?! Iet you guys in on one (1) thing and it’s already the greatest blackmail on the planet?! 

 

The Second Lee

We will have a follow up meeting in my room tonight after your roommates fall asleep. Don’t be late!

 

Unfortunately Ryu

Seriously? This is MY crush we're talking about!

 

Shin Nayu

Be there or be single! ;)

 

Ryujin let out a rather harsh sigh as she turned off her phone, not noticing the certain Choi who was sitting next to her, scrolling through her own phone.

 

“Are you alright?” Jisu suddenly turned to the younger girl, causing her to shift uncomfortably.

 

“O-okay,” Ryujin said through a gritted smile.

 

Just super in love with you!! Y’know the usual!!

 

“Are you sure?” Lia shifted her hand so that it was now resting on Ryujin’s thigh, and she could practically feel her adrenaline rushing through her, causing her to jerk at the sudden feeling.

 

“Hey- hey- Ryujin, I told you to not shy away from my touches anymore right?” Lia said, inching even closer to the younger girl, as if she wanted to climb on her lap and sit there for hours.

 

You wouldn’t mind would you Ryujinnie?

 

Shut up Ryujin.

 

“Yeah, sorry unnie, just a little tense from filming I think,” Ryujin surrendered herself to Jisu’s touch, allowing her head to fall into Jisu’s shoulders.

 

“You can sleep on my lap for awhile if you’re tired,” Lia offered, and Ryujin almost passed out.

 

Hahaha Shin Ryu already sleeping with her-

 

DUDE SHUT UP

 

SHIN RYUuuUuuUuUuulala

 

DUDE- you sound like- super y right now.

 

Well, I am you- or should i say-

 

I am Ryu.

 

What the monologue me?! That's the worst joke ever?

 

I am Ryu.

 

Oh seriously? Putting the blame on me now? 

 

I am-

 

A sudden yawn interrupted Ryujin from her fight…. with well, Ryujin……. and the cute sloth looking thing now resting on her shoulder sent her to heaven and back.

 

“You know Ryujinnie, actually, I’m quite sleepy now hehe- let's just sleep together okay, hehe,” Lia said with that ridiculously beautiful smile on her face, and Ryujin simply chuckled. 

 

OOOOOOOOH SHIN RYU-

 

NO.

 

Lia curled up in a ball next to the older Shin, snuggling in her shoulder and a little in her lap while Ryujin, albeit her heart about to jump out of her chest and do fifty or so somersaults, draped her arm around the older girl, leaning her head on top of Lia’s head, the position oddly comfortable. Though she did have to glare at Yuna once or twice, it was all worth it….

 

OOOOOOOH SHIN RYUuuUuuUlala

 

I give up on you.

 

——————-

 

I’m sure it would be enlightening to know that Hwang Yeji snores. Loudly, as a matter of fact. It’s not that it bothers Ryujin, it doesn’t really. But now that Ryujin’s entire nervous system is deciding to overflow with thoughts of Choi Jisu- it was bothering Ryujin to her very core. The aggressive vibrations from her phone courtesy of their new maknae line group chat was also a contender in the top 5 reasons Ryujin can’t sleep, ranking number 5 after Choi Jisu, Julia Choi, Lia unnie, and a certain sloth looking unnie. Because of that, came the internal argument of whether she should go to Chaeryeong’s room or not. And with internal arguments- came Monologue Ryu.

 

Listen. You like Lia.

 

I think we’ve established that.

 

And you’re a coward.

 

To a certain degree; yes.

 

You know who's not a coward?

 

Who?

 

Someone who dares to name and call themself Hussey in public.

 

I mean- isn’t it good that i’m a coward? What if I tell her and suddenly everything crumbles apart and then the groups chemistry breaks into little bits of ty pieces and we’ll never get that momentum we had previously and everything is awkward and like all we do in front of the camera is ingenuine and- and- after 7 ing years she’ll just drop me and never talk to me again?!

 

Well if you-

 

AND WHAT IF I TELL HER AND WE GET CAUGHT?! WHAT’LL HAPPEN THEN? WILL JYP DROP US? WILL OUR ENTIRE CAREER BE-

 

RYUJIN SHUT UP

 

sorry…..

 

Well- do you want to live like this? Wondering about the what ifs? With Yeji snoring as your background music? For 7 years, just Choi Jisu in your head everyday- gay panicking every single second of the day? Sure there are bad outcomes- but there are good ones too Ryujin. 

 

Wow I can’t believe we’re the same person…..

 

I know right? Crazy dude. And anyways, it’s not that difficult to hide, Jeongyeon and Nayeon literally had a whole stage with them making out in the end- the hetero-normativity is real dude. So go get your girl- and get Yeji some snoring pills jesus.

 

Ryujin shot up after a ridiculously loud snore from their dear leader, slowly climbing down the little ladder of their bunk bed and sneaking out of their room, tip toeing in the rather silent hallway and into Chaeryeong’s room, where Yuna and the owner of the room were squinting at the screen of Chaeryeong’s phone.

 

“Ah! I told you you should’ve put it there!” Yuna scolded the elder, Chaeryeong gasping in offense at Yuna’s comment.

 

“Hey! I’m the omok veteran here!”

 

“If you’re a veteran then why do you have negative 80 points!” Yuna retaliated, cocking an eyebrow, as if she were any better at that game.

 

“I’ve been getting weird opponents lately! I’m pretty sure they're bots!”

 

(A/n in omok, everytime you lose a round you get a negative ten ‘points’ that appear in your profile- yeah, i played omok in hopes id meet lee chaeryeong- no luck so far) 

 

“Uh- guys?” Ryujin called out from the door, the younger duo’s scowls turning into smiles once they saw her.

 

“I thought you chickened out!!” Chaeryeong said excitedly, motioning for Ryujin to come sit on the bed with them, chucking her phone to the side.

 

“So me and Chaeryeong came up with a game plan while you were away,”

 

“Okay… i’m all ears,” Ryujin said, a little shaky, but these were the only comrades she had, so she didn’t have much of a choice.

 

Ryujin continued to register their plan, which was pretty solid to be honest, Ryujin appreciated the effort they put into helping her, but would it really work?

 

“How do you guys know if she actually likes me?” Ryujin questioned while Yuna was going into detail about how Ryujin should go out and buy groceries with Lia the next time it’ll be Lia’s turn to buy groceries and then turn it into an impromptu date. 

 

“Well, we could ask- uhhh- Yeji unnie?” 

 

“Dude that’s a horrible idea- I love Yeji unnie to death but is lighter than paper- we can’t just walk up to her like- aye! Does Lia like Ryujin? She’ll totally slip to Lia unnie, intentional or not- doesn’t matter,” Chaeryeong explained, and they both nodded in agreement.

 

“Junsu?” Yuna suggested, and the elder two almost choked on their saliva.

 

“Why on earth would he know?!” Chaeryeong questioned.

 

“What? Chaeyeon told you all about her crush on Sakura!” Yuna fought back with her own logic, Chaeryeong taken aback for a moment.

 

“That’s different!” 

 

“How is that different?”

 

“Ah- let's just- who does Lia trust enough to talk about relationships- but can still keep shut about Ryujin’s fat crush?” Chaeryeong brought the question up, and it left the two thinking.

 

“I’m still betting on Junsu,” 

 

“Goddamnit Yuna- just- woahhhhhhh, hold up- i’m getting something- HOLY I KNOW! I KNOW WHOSE PERFECT TO TALK TOO!!” Chaeryeong looked like she just solved the Riemann hypothesis, hopping up and down aggressively on the bed, the springs of the mattress trying their best to sustain themselves.

 

You’ve got great friends Ryu.

 

I know.

 

Keep ‘em close.

 

That one- I can do. 

 

——————

 

When Chaeryeong said she knew who exactly to talk to, Ryujin did not imagine the leader and main vocalist of one of the most sought after girl groups in the world to be sitting across from her in a secluded café, about to discuss none other than Choi Jisu.

 

“So what y'all need? Usually it’s Julia who calls me to meet up,” Wendy from Red Velvet, sat casually in her wheelchair, next to her Irene Bae herself- who Ryujin has admired for the longest time- and say- she did look a little like Li-

 

“Thanks for agreeing to meet up sunbaenims,” Chaeryeong said shyly, Yuna had managed to fish Wendy’s number after pretending to borrow Lia’s phone and sending the number to herself.

 

“Eh, drop the sunbae- just call us unnie,” Irene said nonchalantly, and Ryujin felt her heart burst out of her chest.

 

“Wow babe, you’re warming up to them quick,” Wendy chuckled, Irene clicking her tongue with a smile on her face.

 

Oh, they’re dating..

 

List of Non-Lia’s

 

Yves X

Irene X

Rosé

IU

 

“What? Me and Ryujin are already acquainted- Right Ryujin?” Irene suggested, and Ryujin blushed a little as she nodded in response.

 

“See, we’re cool- now what are you guys looking for?” Irene asked again, and Yuna looked to Ryujin, who nodded before speaking up.

 

“Well, it’s about Lia unnie,” 

 

“Why? Is it about how she treats you guys as an older member?”

 

“No- it’s about Ryujin specifically,”

 

“Why, did you and Lia fight?”

 

“No silly- clearly it’s because Ryujin here has a crush on Lia- are you that dense Wan?” Irene pointed out, and Ryujin almost choked on her plain water.

 

“H- how’d you guess?” Ryujin said in pure shock, Yuna’s eyes going wider than they already were, wearing matching expressions with Chaeryeong.

 

“I’ve been watching over kids for 6 years now- catching who's crushing on who is like breathing,” Irene said chicly with a smirk on her face, leaning back in her chair.

 

“For instance- Chaeyeon and Sakura? Totally dating. Yena and Yuri? I think anyone with eyes can see it. Jiwoo and Sooyoung? Banging. Miyeon and Shuhua? That kid should just confess already,” Irene sputtered out the names of who was crushing and or dating who as if it was the alphabet, causing Chaeryeong, Yuna, Ryujin as well as Wendy’s mouth’s to go wide in surprise and admiration.

 

Do you think Yeji will ever have that skill?

 

Hard no. That unnie has the intuition of a chicken in a bucket.

 

“So hold up- you like Julia?” Wendy turned to Ryujin who wore a nervous expression as she gave Wendy a sheepish smile.

 

“Y- yeah, a little,” 

 

“Yeah unnie! We came to see you to know if you knew who Lia unnie likes,” Chaeryeong explained, but Wendy only clicked her tongue.

 

“Well, I can’t help with that- she doesn’t exactly come to me for those type of things, but I can tell you this- she does talk about Ryujin an awful lot- like- too much sometimes, but I always disregarded it,” Wendy explained, and the trio of maknaes let out a sigh. Irene pouted at this sight— helping kids was supposed to be her thing.

 

“But she can help! Tell them you can help Wan!” Irene scolded the younger girl, who immediately reacted.

 

“I can help you! Wait- how do I help them?” Wendy barely whispered the last part to Irene, who sighed dramatically as her forehead creased.

 

“Aren’t you meeting with Jisu this weekend?” Irene reminded the main vocalist, who managed to put two and two together.

 

“Oh yes! We promised to meet up after your wannabe promotions- which end this week right?” Wendy asked, the three of them nodding in response.

 

“She said she’d drop by SM this saturday- and i’ll do some- how do I say it? Snooping around for you,” Wendy assured the trio, who were surprised at how easy it was to get their seniors to cooperate with them.

 

“Order for Joohyun?” The barista called out, waving the receipt in the air, earning Irene’s attention.

 

“Oh, i’ll get it,” Irene said in a composed manner, getting up to go to the counter, which was quite the stretch from their secluded place in the café, but the two trouble makers next to Ryujin suddenly spoke up.

 

“We’ll help you unnie!!” Yuna said aloud as she pulled Chaeryeong along with her, leaving a dazed Ryujin with a chuckling Wendy.

 

“Funny friends you have there,” Wendy pointed out.

 

“Tell me about it,” Ryujin chuckled, leaning back in her chair a little.

 

“It’s weird right?” Wendy suddenly said.

 

“What is?” 

 

“Liking your own member,” Wendy explained, and Ryujin let out a sigh.

 

“Kinda scary too- what if something goes wrong?” Ryujin expressed her concern, and she felt the slight feeling of relief wash over her as she let that part of her concerns out.

 

“Things always go wrong Ryujin— no matter what you do, nothing is ever completely right in the world. It’s just a matter of how we deal with the wrong- that is what matters at the end of the day. Say- when I first realised I liked Irene- I couldn’t even look at her in the eye, it was too enticing, too hypnotizing for me. But I think you’re doing pretty much the right thing— I asked Joy and Yeri for help, since I couldn’t really trust Seulgi with keeping shut-”

 

“Same with Yeji! I love her with every fibre in my body but that unnie’s mouth opens too easily,” Ryujin cut Wendy off, the dramatization in her words causing Wendy to laugh a loud.

 

“I guess we are similar then- I myself also asked Tiffany unnie for help- and she came to the rescue with Taeyeon unnie, they helped me a bunch- so i’m glad you came to me for help Ryujin— i’ll try my best to help. And try not to worry so much about the consequences, as long as you maintain a good relationship with everyone around you- you’ll be alright Ryujin- just trust your heart,” Wendy pumped her fist against her chest, and Ryujin felt far more at ease than before, to know that someone who’s gone through similar experiences is perfectly okay and has her back. Wendy is even dating Irene for god sakes! Of course Shin Ryujin- the women magnet- the legendary- could totally do it too. 

 

“Fighting!” Wendy pumped her fist in the air this time, and Ryujin let out a genuine smile for the first time that day.

 

“Thanks unnie,” 

 

“Guys!! That dude at the counter recognised us and gave us all free croissants!!” Yuna announced excitedly as she set down the tray full of desserts with Chaeryeong placing down the hot drinks with Irene putting down the cold.

 

“He said to get well soon love,” Irene gave Wendy a kiss on the cheek while handing her the choco slushie she ordered.

 

You’ll have what they have Ryu.

 

Really?

 

Trust your heart- right?

 

——————

 

Wendy was actually nervous. She didn’t wanna up this kids dream. Ryujin, Yuna and Chaeryeong were counting on her! She had the COC group chat on speed dial just in case Jisu would some clean about her crush on Ryujin. In the meanwhile, Wendy sat in her wheelchair inside of SM’s largest recording booth (where NCT recorded) waiting for Julia to walk in.

 

“Unnie?” Lia’s voice echoed through the room, her eye smile at play as she locked eyes with the older Canadian, running up to her.

 

“I’ve missed you so much!!! Are you feeling better? Can you swallow pearls now?” Lia bombarded the older with questions, which left a smile on her face.

 

“Yes, yes- my mouth can work to its fullest now, although the physiotherapy is kinda tiring, I’m all good- how are you?” Wendy hugged the younger while giving her a few pats on the head, smiling fondly towards the younger.

 

“I’m great! Although we didn’t really do fansigns and the performances were kinda dull since no one was there to watch- we did other things that were pretty fun- Ryujinnie-”

 

Bingo

 

“Wah, Julia— we’ve barely started and you’re already talking about Ryujin,” Wendy let out a chuckle to make it seem casual, but she managed to catch the brief blush on the younger’s face. 

 

Score

 

“What? I talk about all my members equally?” Lia tried to play it off as she sat across from Wendy, but Wendy saw right through her.

 

“You know you can talk to me about such things Julia,” Wendy said while giving a soft smile to the girl, who seemed to be contemplating on whether or not to tell Wendy about ‘such things’.

 

“Or not- I respect your decision regardless!” Wendy added, reminding herself that as much as she wanted to help Ryujin, Julia was also her priority. 

 

“Uh- well, you’ve kinda caught me— so why not right?” Lia said with a hint of shyness mixed with awkwardness in her tone, trying to make herself comfortable in the leather seat.

 

“So- I kinda like Ryujin,” Lia said as a blush flashed across her face, a sheepish smile on her lips as the words of admittance left .

 

“Kinda?”

 

“I like Ryujin— like, a lot. Ever since we were trainees, she kinda just- stole my heart? Ew that's so cheesy, but like, that’s how it felt like you know? I’m kinda scared the others might find out right now, because like, I don’t know what’ll happen, I don’t wanna ruin what I have with Ryujin right now! I don’t want to be the reason the team's dynamic falls apart,” Lia said, a tinge of guilt twisting in with her tone as she finished her little speech. 

 

“You know you don’t have to worry about that Lia,” Wendy started, but Julia cut her off.

 

“And the dating ban!”

 

“Psht, your dating ban says no boyfriends- Ryujin is no boy- and don’t question me, I’ve courted countless JYP girls, and how do you think your Sana sunbaenim gets away with all her girlfriends? Clearly it’s the breach in the JYP system,” Wendy said quickly, causing Lia to shut up at her logic.

 

“Don’t worry Julia— your team loves you and Ryujin a whole lot, so they will accept you regardless, and on Ryujin, I think she likes you too— I mean- have you seen the way that girl looks at you? Jesus i’d tone it down if I was her,” Wendy continued, intriguing the girl further by her statement.

 

“You really think she does unnie?” Lia raised her eyebrows as she asked this, and Wendy gave her her most reassuring, yet greasiest nod yet.

 

“Now Julia— I didn’t book this studio just to talk about your crush! Lets get singing!” 

 

This one’s for you Ryujin……

 

————————

 

Yeji was snoring yet again. After a long talk about how grateful Yeji was about everything in her life, (which Ryujin appreciated very much) she had fallen asleep quickly after, beginning to snore yet again. 

 

You should buy her snoring pills- I'm sure she’d be grateful for that.

 

Shut up

 

Ryujin shook monologue Ryu out of her head, turning to her phone, which had been buzzing from activity in the maknae line group chat, that now tainted its maknae line status by adding Wendy and Irene into the mix.

 

[The Second Lee added NOT your Bae and SeungONE]

 

SeungONE 

So…………………. i got the details…………….

 

NOT your Bae

Are they useful details?

 

SeungONE

Well she told me who her crush was

 

The Second Lee

Holy crackers please tell me its Ryujin?

 

Shin Nayu

Honestly if its not Ryujin then this whole game plan would be pointless

 

The Second Lee

Shhhhhhh Yuna don’t taint my fantasy’s

 

SeungONE

Its a win guys! Lia’s totally into Ryujin!

 

Shin Nayu

See Chaeryeong unnie! I told you I heard Lia mumbling Ryujin’s name in her sleep!

 

The Second Lee

Yeah yeah you win you win….

 

[Personal Message From SeungONE]

 

Hey Ryujin! I hope you know that even if you two like each other- it’s okay to take things slow! You don’t need to rush anything alright? 

 

fighting!!!

 

Thanks a lot unnie! I owe you a ton…

 

You owe me nothing- just treat Julia right and consider us even :)

 

Yes ma’am!

 

Ryujin felt the slight wave of relief wash over her- Lia really liked her back? That was such a crazy thought to think of- that Lia liked her. Choi Jisu? Liking her? My god that was crazy.

 

Ryujin was smiling like a fool now. 

 

Trying to shake off the euphoric feeling that was causing her head to buzz, Ryujin stood up and slowly climbed down the bunk bed, heading to the kitchen to get some water. While she ridiculously smiled at herself, not realising the small footsteps coming from the front door.

 

Ryujin almost choked on her cuckoo water.

 

“Oh! H-hey Ryujin,” it was none other than Choi Jisu, standing by the couch in the living room, a red blush dancing across her face while she wore a sheepish smile.

 

“Uh, hi unnie! How was Wendy sunbae?” Ryujin asked casually, and Lia shrugged, setting her bag on the couch and walking towards the island in their home.

 

“It was fun! Wendy unnie looked really cute in her wheelchair,” Lia chuckled at the memory, stopping on the opposite side of Ryujin at the island.

 

Hey, maybe if you break your legs she’ll think you’re cute!

 

Do you have something against me?

 

Ryujin slid a glass of water towards the vocalist, who accepted it with her signature eye smile, gulping down almost the entire glass in one go.

 

“Wow, Wendy drilled you good didn’t she?” Ryujin chuckled as she took the glass from Jisu’s hand, intentionally brushing her hand against the warmth of Jisu’s, filling the glass up again with more cuckoo water.

 

“Yeah- she went out of her way today, I think it’s because we haven’t seen each other in a while, she taught me how to stabilise my notes in wannabe. It was super funny watching her trying to imitate the dance moves while on a wheelchair,” Julia laughed harder at the now memory, causing Ryujin’s heart to melt at the smile on Lia’s face.

 

“Well, seems like you had fun- Wendy seems like a really cool senior,” Ryujin commented casually, Lia nodding aggressively in agreement.

 

“You should totally come with me next time! If you want- vocal lessons- of course,” Lia said, realising that Ryujin was a rapper- not a vocalist. She rubbed the back of her neck in slight embarrassment, causing Ryujin to chuckle at her friend's antics.

 

“I’d love to come unnie. Say, do you want your salad now? It’s been sitting around in the fridge for almost three weeks now,” Ryujin stated, and Lia came to the realisation that she had a salad she’d kept for when she was really hungry.

 

And she was really hungry.

 

“Could you grab it for me Ryujinie? I think it was on the second tier,” Lia requested, and Ryujin followed- trying to ignore the thumping in her heart at the nickname.

 

Opening the refrigerator, Ryujin was shocked to see that their fridge was almost entirely empty, as a matter of fact, the entire second tier was bare of any food, and the only thing left was Lia’s salad.

 

“Uh, unnie? Isn’t it your turn to do the grocery run this week?” Ryujin asked, and Lia nodded, trying to peer across the island to look into the fridge.

 

“Why? Are we all out?”

 

“Yeah, pretty much,” Ryujin replied, and Lia pondered for a moment on when she would go and get the groceries.

 

“We have no schedule tomorrow- I wouldn’t mind going with you tomorrow,” Ryujin suggested, and she had to thank Yuna for the suggestion.

 

“Really? Thanks a lot Ryujin! Usually I have trouble carrying all the stuff- Yuna eats a lot,” Lia joked, causing Ryujin to chuckle as she felt heart lighten knowing that Lia was okay with her tagging along.

 

“Alright, so it’s a date then?” Ryujin asked with a smirk on her face, trying to hide the fact that her feet were literally trembling behind the counter.

 

“A- a date?”

 

“Well- unless you don’t want-” Ryujin stammered, but Lia intervened.

 

“I would love that! Love- like- to go, on- a date, with you, Ryujin. I would like that- in fact, I know a café that we can stop by, for brunch, if you’re down,” it was Lia’s turn to stammer, but she regained her confidence by the end of the sentence, and Ryujin couldn’t help but laugh at how awkward they were being.

 

“Yes, yes, I'd love that Jisu unnie,” Ryujin nodded as she said this sliding the salad towards Lia, resting her chin on her fist once the bowl was situated in front of her love interest.

 

“So it’s a date then,” Lia announced yet again, leaning her head on her palm, while staring at Ryujin, who was staring right back at her, the same content expression on her face while they fell into a comfortable silence.

 

Their deep silence was interjected by an obnoxiously loud yawn coming from the hallway.

 

“If you guys are just gonna sit there staring at each other- I suggest it’s better to get some sleep,” Yuna spoke as she trudged through behind Ryujin dressed in duck pyjamas, opening the refrigerator door, gasping aloud when she saw the atrocity that was the lack of food in the refrigerator.

 

“When you two go for that date tomorrow, try not to stare at each other so much and buy me those microwaveable pizza boxes, don’t buy so much salads,” Yuna warned, trudging back towards Lia’s side of the island- stopping when she saw the untouched bowl of salad in front of Lia.

 

“Are you going to eat that?” Yuna asked, and Lia was about to answer, but we live in Yuna's world, so Yuna beat her to it.

 

“Let’s share in the room, hehe, bye!” Yuna snatched it away, skipping off to her and Lia’s room, leaving the two together yet again.

 

“Well- I better get that before I starve to death,” 

 

“Yeah, you should,” Ryujin replied, standing up straight as Jisu began to leave the kitchen and walk towards the hallway, Ryujin following suit.

 

They both walked to the doors of their respective rooms, awkwardly standing there as if waiting for the other to say something.

 

“Well, goodnight Jisu,” Ryujin said as she pushed her door open the slightest bit, her body halfway into her shared room.

 

“Good night Ryujin,” Lia replied, walking into her room to save her salad from Shin Yuna.

 

With the shut of the door, Ryujin let out a sigh of contentment, immediately spinning herself so that she would enter the room, slamming the door shut. 

 

There was a mirror exactly opposite Ryujin, and she could see the ridiculously giddy smile plastered on her face.

 

Jisu..Jisu Jisu Jisu Jisu Jisu

 

Dude! Some people are single here!

 

But you’re me!

 

Well…….. Jisu!

 

I KNOW RIGHT!

 

——————

 

Yeji woke up early that morning, heading to the gym for her weekly training, coming back at around 10.00 am and decided to wake Ryujin up, yet she couldn’t help but laugh to herself when she saw Ryujin smiling in her sleep like a complete fool.

 

“Yah! Why do you smile in your sleep? Are you having strange dreams Shin Ryujin?” Yeji whipped her towel against the bedframe of their bunk, causing Ryujin to jolt awake, hissing at the sudden light.

 

“Hey! Wh- what time is it? ! I’m late for my date with Jisu!” Ryujin panicked and jumped off the bed, yanking the towel off the rack they had. Yeji completely bewildered with the sudden situation in front of her.

 

“Date?! With Jisu?!” Yeji yelled back in pure shock, and Ryujin bit her lip in instant regret, gritting her teeth as she turned back to face Yeji.

 

“Yeah, date. With Jisu,” Ryujin explained word by word, and Yeji’s mouth was wide open.

 

“I knew it!”

 

“You knew it?!” 

 

“Yeah! Yuna accidentally let it slip- though she told me she just messed up her words- I knew I couldn’t trust that brat,” Yeji snickered in the cutest way humanly possible, and Ryujin couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“Yeah, so, Jisu and I-”

 

“Yeah, Jisu and you. But please don’t forget to buy my chips and jelly when you guys are out, i’m all out,” Yeji said with a smile on her face, and Ryujin nodded in return.

 

“Thanks Yeji,”

 

—————-

 

“Oh dear god,” Lia said in complete horror, causing Ryujin’s eyes to perk up in alarm.

 

“What’s wrong?” Ryujin asked, concern laced in her tone.

 

“There’s so much cucumber in this, I think I’m gonna throw up,” Lia leaned back in her wooden chair, the spring air causing her hair to fly all over the place.

 

“Unnie you’re so weird,” Ryujin laughed as she said this, reaching her hand out to pluck the cucumbers out, eating them all faster than light.

 

“Eww don’t kiss me with your electricity filled mouth after this,” Lia said, finally eating her food, causing Ryujin to laugh, almost choking on the cucumbers in the process.

 

“Ah? Already expecting a kiss on the first date are we?” Ryujin joked after she successfully swallowed the cucumber.

 

“A- I wasn’t expecting- just-”

 

“It’s okay, I can wait ‘til the second,” Ryujin said with a smirk, and Lia could only laugh and nod, both of them proceeding to eat their food.

 

Can you really?

 

Shhhhh I don't need your negativism right now Ryujin Shin.

 

“Don’t mess this one up and we’ll see Shin Ryujin,” 

 

You got one shot Ryu… my single status is counting on you….

 

Our single status— and how do I make groceries romantic??

 

Leave that to me Ryu….. leave that to me……

 

———————

 

(a/n : while reading this part, it’d be cool if you listened to Chelsea Cutler’s Lucky! I found the song while watching Paris Et Itzy and it fits the mood of the song and the fic:)

 

Listen…. you have to do it…….

 

I'M NOT DOING THAT

 

DO IT

 

THAT'S EMBARRASSING 

 

NO ONE’S HERE

 

STILL IM A FAMOUS PERSON- Kinda- i mean- i guess—

 

WELL SO AM I

 

THATS BECAUSE YOURE ME!!!!

 

Oh yeah!!! so why don’t i just….

 

“Lia— for you,” Ryujin handed Lia the broccoli as if it was a bouquet of flowers, even giving the older girl a slight curtsy as she did, causing Lia to laugh at her antics.

 

“Why thank you,” Lia couldn’t stop herself from laughing as she received the broccoli from Ryujin, dumping it into the trolley. 

 

Ryujin was standing up straight now, and monologue Ryu managed to implant another idea into her head.

 

“Do you wanna dance?” Ryujin asked, not knowing where she got the confidence from, but she was here now.

 

“Like right now?” Lia asked, taken aback by the sudden question.

 

“Like right now,”

 

“Right in front of the salads?”

 

“Right in front of the salads,” Ryujin nodded, a soft smile on her face as she took Jisu’s hands, guiding her in the first steps of a typical ballroom dance.

 

After stepping on each other’s feet multiple times, a few twirls and multiple offbeat steps to the music that the supermarket played, laughing at the strangers who would give them funny looks as they did the somewhat silly and barely elegant dance— their mostly elderly audience simply thinking of them as weird college students rather than globally popular artists. Some decided to join them, and by the end of the song, the butcher clapped for them, causing both of them to snort out their laughter, bowing slightly before running off to their trolley, pushing away from the small crowd they made. 

 

“That was crazy!” Lia was still laughing as they approached the end of the supermarket, everything they needed in the trolley. They began piling their stuff up at the self checkout, scanning everything and paying with the team’s debit card that had all the money for their essentials and etc.

 

“I’m glad I got to do that with you unnie,” Ryujin said endearingly.

 

“And anyways- are you up for that second date now?” Ryujin said with a smirk, and Lia couldn’t help but giggle at the question.

 

“I still haven’t gotten my kiss yet- so yes, yes I’ll be needing that second date of ours,” Lia said with a sly smile on her face as Ryujin loaded the last of the bagged groceries into the trolley, pushing it off to the parking lot lobby, where they would wait for their driver to come pick them up.

 

Dude I think I just wanna kiss her smile right off her face.

 

Me too.

 

“You know, I have heard somewhere- that kissing people you like- is a really, um, fun activity,” Ryujin leaned slightly against the trolley, which by a miracle did not slide away as Ryujin leaned against it.

 

“A person you like huh? Do you like me Shin Ryujin?” Lia questioned, turning to Ryujin, inching closer to the girl and snaking her hands around her neck.

 

“If i didn’t like you ma’am I would have not stuffed all those cucumbers into my face,” Ryujin replied with the same joking tone, slipping her hands around Lia’s waist pulling the older closer than before.

 

“Would you mind doing that all the time? Please? For me?” Lia said with a tint of cutesy in her tone, causing Ryujin to chuckle.

 

“Depends- will you kiss me even when I’ve stuffed cucumbers down my throat?”

 

“Well that depends- can we go on dates all the time?”

 

Dude just cut to the chase

 

Oh my god Ryu seriously?

 

“Only if you’ll be my girlfriend all the time,” Ryujin said with a sheepish smile, Lia wearing the same expression, tip-toeing the slightest bit so that she could match Ryujin’s height.

 

“I think I'd like that very much,” Lia said with a smile as she tilted her head to the slightest degree, Ryujin mirroring her actions, slowly, yet eventually leaning in for the first kiss between the two, both with their eyes shut.

 

Boom.

 

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

 

Diving deeper into the kiss, Ryujin felt all kinds of bubbles in her stomach as if she had just downed a full glass of the world’s finest champagne. Her gears in her mind spinning as it kept the explosive feeling of kissing Choi Jisu for the first time in her memory for years to come. 

 

“YAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” 

 

Ryujin and Lia practically jumped off each other as the black van that was inherently itzy’s came to a stop right in front of them, Yuna and Yeji sticking their heads out from the back window while Chaeryeong recorded with her phone from the middle window.

 

“Caught in the act!” Yeji announced as Ryujin gave them a playful glare, Lia blushing out of embarrassment as she hid behind Ryujin, laughter erupting from all five of them.

 

“I assume you guys are here to help us carry the groceries?” Ryujin questioned, and Yuna and Chaeryeong immediately their heads back into the van, leaving Yeji the only one out.

 

“Ah! I always knew you were my best friend Yeji,” Ryujin chuckled at the poor fate of their leader, who defeatedly came out of the van, Yuna and Chaeryeong cackling behind her, Chaeryeong still recording the event.

 

“The most important thing about being a leader- is sacrifice,” Yeji said sadly, slouching as she exited the van.

 

“But really, congratulations you two, for real this time,” Yeji said as Ryujin opened the trunk, revealing Yuna who was peering over from the back seat. 

 

“Thanks Yeji,” Lia commented as they began loading the stuff into the trunk.

 

“Hey Yeji unnie, do you see my pizza’s anywhere?” Yuna asked Yeji, who reacted immediately, feeling around for pizza-like boxes.

 

“Right here Yuna,” Yeji said with a soft smile on her lips, lifting the plastic bag filled with pizza boxes, Yuna smiling at Yeji’s discovery. 

 

“The way Yeji is looking at Yuna is kinda fishy,” Lia whispered into Ryujin’s ear, who laughed at Lia’s discovery.

 

“Definitely,” Ryujin said out loud, eyeing Yeji and Yuna with a smirk on her face.

 

“Hey, what are you two talking about?” Yuna squinted at the duo, who just giggled as Yeji shut the trunk, all three of them hopping back into the van. 

 

The ride wasn’t a very lengthy one, but Lia somehow managed to fall asleep, leaning her head on Ryujin’s shoulder as she did. Yeji was also asleep at the back, while her fellow maknae’s were glued to their phones, which reminded Ryujin of something—

 

DING!

 

DING!

 

Ryujin swiftly pulled out her phone from her left pocket, careful not to wake Lia up. A sheepish smile appeared on her face when she saw where the abundance of notifications were from.

 

[10 New Messages from [COC (~—~)]

 

The Second Lee

*video attachment*

 

SeungONE 

Damn, you went IN with that kiss Ryu…..

 

NOT your Bae

You look like a good kisser Ryujin…. your new girlfriend seems to be enjoying.

 

Shin Nayu

Their being ridiculously sweet with each other unnies ㅜㅜ

 

NOT your Bae

Glad to be of service Ryujin-ssi, I hope you two last long!

 

SeungONE

Me too!!! Happy to see Julia all smiley like that…. take care of each other well! Or else……

 

Nothing honestly… y'all are gonna be fine.

 

Unfortunately Ryu 

Thanks a lot guys…. couldn’t have done it without all of you..

 

Shin Nayu

Yes, yes just don’t be sickly sweet in my room…. I don’t like ants…..

 

The Second Lee 

Don’t sweat it Ryujin,,, we’ll always be here for you!

 

NOT your Bae

Well, now that that’s out of the way……

 

When will we start discussing Yuna’s fat crush on Yeji?

 

SeungONE 

Omg I noticed too!!

 

Shin Nayu

WHAT?!!!!

 

Unfortunately Ryu 

I KNEW IT!!!!! I SAW YEJI LOOKING AT YUNA JUST NOW!!!!!!

 

The Second Lee

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!!!!

 

Shin Nayu

HOW???!!!!

 

NOT your Bae

6 years in the industry kid……

 

6 years………