CHAPTER 5: REALIZATIONS

Save Me

General POV

A week after their almost kiss, Rosè and Lisa decided to go back to Seoul together with a promise to make sure to make time to see each other. They had this mutual understanding of each other's feelings but decided to just take it real slow. They both just got out of a relationship and was in no rush to jump in a new one without really getting to know each other first.  There were a few instances where they would almost kiss but the other one would look away but ever since that night, they would get close or cuddle as often as they can. Two days before their set departure, the new friends they made invited both of them to swim in the hot spring a few hours away from the hotel. Although the hotel itself has its own water facilities, being summer means a lot of people would be there. So after breakfast they waited for their new friends in the lobby.


"I can't believe we're going back to Seoul in two days. I wish we could just stay here" Rosè whined as she placed her head on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa then wrapped her arm around Rosè's shoulder making the other lean closer.


"I wish for that too but unfortunately we do have to go back to reality. I mean, I'm sure you miss your friends as well. And you said you were also planning to get your old job back right? I can't wait to see you perform again." Lisa said then kissed her head just in time for their new friends to arrive.

"Yo lovebirds. Isn't too early for that?" A certain ostrich greeted who was followed by a sleepy bunny, then came a waddling penguin with a cub in hand then the shiba inu looking girl arrived with a bored looking yoda then followed by a sleepwalking raccoon who was being dragged by a certain tofu and lastly came the god herself.

"So who's riding with who?" asked Jihyo who was looking for something in her bag.

There were three cars in total. Rosè will be driving her car with Lisa of course, second will be driven by Jeongyeon and the third will be driven by Jihyo. After a few deliberation, it was decided that Rosè, Lisa, Mina and Chaeyoung will be in the first car, then Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Momo and Dahyun in the second car and Jihyo, Sana and Tzuyu in the third car. The map to the location was set on their phones and after making sure that they didn't forget anything, they started their journey.

Lisa's POV

I will not deny that Rosè is special to me. People may say it's too early to say it but I don't really care. Being with her just feels at home but I am scared. Scared to be hurt again, I guess we both are so we decided to take it slow. We did acknowledge that we were both developing some feelings towards each other but we are not in a hurry. I am one hell of a patient person if you haven't noticed. It's funny to think that maybe we were really meant to meet. I never told anyone about this girl I saved cause I really didn't think too much about it. Then a turn of events happened when she saved me this time and maybe the god of destiny had been toying with us for letting us be with our exes. Maybe he or she was just building up the story he or she already plotted for us and this right now is the way to the but far from the end. Damn you god of destiny!


So here we are now on our way to this hot spring our new friends invited us to. Rosè is driving and I see her really focused on the road. At the back we have Mina and Chaeyoung, yep I already made sure I don't call Rosè with her Korean name when we are with them cause it will cause confusion. They were sleeping right now with the small bean leaning head to the penguin's shoulder. When I first heard them being teased those nicknames I got curious then when they explained why, I understood right away. Chaeyoung does look like a cub or a baby beast while Mina waddles when she walks. Soft music was being played in the background and it made me sleepy but I didn’t want to leave Rosè as the only one awake on the road. The map app told us we were fifteen minutes away, with the road just straight I held her hand which was on the shift gear. It startled her at first but not enough for us to swerve out of bounds.

We finally arrived at the hot spring so I woke up MiChaeng at the back, and as soon as we parked, I got out of the car and got our things from the trunk. I carried our bags and held Rosè’s hand as we walked towards the entrance booth where we will be meeting the others. When we were complete, we asked one of the staff to take a group photo then we were guided to the area where we can leave our things. We rented a big hut and since we arrived early, there weren’t a lot of people yet. We already wore our suits inside our clothes and I can’t help but admire Rosè’s body when she took of her shirt and only then I noticed the tattoo at the bottom of her spine - “More of you, Less of me”. It was barely visible as it was written so small but I guess I’ve been staring at her so much that I actually saw it.

A sudden clicking sound pulled me back to reality then I heard someone giggling.

“If Rosè ever reports you as a creep I definitely have solid evidence.” Chaeyoung said as she showed the photo to her girlfriend Mina who was sitting beside her also giggling.

I tried to grab her phone but this small bean was fast and hid it in her pockets.

“But seriously dude, what’s the deal with you two?” Chaeyoung asked in a whisper as Rosè was just close by.

“We’re not in a relationship if that’s what you mean. We’re taking it slow, you know, getting to know each other more. We both just got out of a relationship so we’re not in a hurry. Hopefully someday but right now we are enjoying whatever we have”

Satisfied with my answer as she nodded with a smile then walked away with Mina in hand. Jeongyeon was starting up the fire as Jihyo prepared the meat that will be grilled. Rosè pulled me with her as soon as I settled by things and led me to test the waters. We were soon joined by the others and we started to just chill out, enjoying the warmth of the water in our bodies (why was I thinking of something else? - A/N).

We then took turns grilling the meat so Jeongyeon and Jihyo could also enjoy the water so Rosè and I volunteered to cook the second batch. I put on the gloves so I wouldn't burn my hands and she waited for the pieces of meat she will cut so everyone will have a share. Having spent a couple of meals with our new friends, we found out that some of them are also big eaters. So we made sure we have equal proportions. As I transferred the cooked meat to the chopping board where Rosè will cut them, I noticed how delicately she cut each piece and carefully placed them on a another plate, then she would distribute the side dishes while waiting for the other meat. We worked together so well that my mind drifted to a future where we were living together and her preparing our food everyday. I know that's way far in the future but I feel so excited to even just think about it.

I guess I've been zoning out a little too long that I was startled when someone took the tongs out of my hand and flipped the meat.

"Are you okay Lisa? It seems like your mind is somewhere far away. You almost burned the meat" Rosè said with a smile and I felt butterflies in my tummy.

"Ugh. Y-yeah. Sorry about that. I was j-just thinking of something" I managed to respond and with a freaking stutter. What the hell?

"You are so cute when you stutter, d’you know that?" I shook my head. And you're the first person to say that. Who looks cute when they stutter? Apparently I am. Haha. "This is almost done so you can call the others so we can eat" Nah I'd rather stay here with you. To hell with the others.

As if she heard what I said in my mind, she suddenly held my waist and whispered, "We can have more alone time later" And I swear my eyes almost bulged out of its socket when I heard that so I immediately stepped away from her, made a salute gesture then went down where the others are.

"Yo! Get your asses out of the water! The food's ready!" I shouted to the nine people we came with and to no surprise it would be Momo and Jeongyeon out of the water first leaving their partners and friends and said partners just followed them obviously sulking, as if I disturbed something they were doing. Sorry, not sorry Dahyun and Nayeon.

The bench was really long that we were able to occupy most of it. I feel bad for Jihyo for being the only one without a partner but then again they were here because this getaway was for her to celebrate her engagement so I guess it's alright. We started eating and just in a few minutes, the plates that were once filled with meat were not diminished to a low stack so Mina and Chaeyoung offered to cook some more as they don't trust Sana, Tzuyu, Dahyun and Momo with the food. Don't ask me why cause I also don't want to know. Jeongyeon then got something from her bag and guess what - it's alcohol! I looked at Rosè and she gave me an approving look knowing I know my limits now and she too would be drinking but just a little cause she will be driving us back. When were all full after the feast we just consumed (We had to cook the fifth set of meat), we all went down to swim. The water was just so relaxing and everyone was having so much fun. After a while, they would go up to the big hut as they also had a karaoke machine set up and just serenade us since even if it was already past lunch time, there were only a few people. Jihyo sang a trot song entitled "Love Battery" while Jeongyeon sang a Lady Gaga song entitled "Applause" and even completed it with a few movements. Sana sang a song entitled "Freesia", followed by Dahyun singing "Rainism" then Momo singing "Gashina" while dancing with Nayeon, Mina and Chaeyoung. Tzuyu then sang "Letting go with a smile" while Nayeon sang "Only Longing Grows". After the nine of them all sang, they all looked at the two of us so with Rosè pushing me forward I entered the digits for the song I had in mind.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH_1Y5B4Eik]

All of my life
I thought I was right
Looking for something new
Stuck in my ways
Like old-fashioned days
But all the roads led me to you

The house that you live in don't make it a home
But feeling lonely don't mean you're alone
People in life, they will come and they'll leave
But if I had a choice I know where I would be

Through the lows and the highs, I will stay by your side
There's no need for goodbyes, now I'm seeing the light
When the sky turns to grey and there's nothing to say
At the end of the day, I choose you

Now I found the strength
To make a change
And look at the magic I found
No matter the name
Or where you came from
'Cause no one has much figured out

The house that you live in don't make it a home
But feeling lonely don't mean you're alone
I finally found where I feel I belong
And I know you'll be there with wide open arms

Through the lows and the highs, I will stay by your side
There's no need for goodbyes, now I'm seeing the light
When the sky turns to grey and there's nothing to say
At the end of the day, I choose you

I choose you

Through the lows and the highs, I will stay by your side
There's no need for goodbyes, now I'm seeing the light

Through the lows and the highs I will stay by your side
There's no need for goodbyes, now I'm seeing the light
When the sky turns to grey and there's nothing to say
At the end of the day, I choose you
Oh, I choose you

I choose you

After the last note played, I heard my friends clapping but I was just focusing on one person. She was wiping some tears that escaped her eyes so I walked towards her and hugged her. At that moment, I didn’t care what the others thought of my action, although I know Rosè and I are not really “in a relationship” but as I’ve said earlier, we have this mutual understanding. Rosè held on me a little longer then took the microphone from my hand and headed to the machine and punched in some numbers.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8e3QoKCIjs]

Sunrise with you on my chest
No blinds in the place where I live
Daybreak open your eyes
'Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night
Still, we're changing our minds here
Be yours, be my dear
So close with you on my lips
Touch noses, feeling your breath
Push your heart and pull away, yeah
Be my summer in a winter day love
I can't see one thing wrong
Between the both of us
Be mine, be mine, yeah
Anytime, anytime

Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while
haven't I? I thought I knew it all
Found love but I was wrong
More times than enough
But since you came along
I'm thinking baby

You are bringing out a different kind of me
There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free
Falling all in
You fell for men who weren't how they appeared, yeah
Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free
Falling all in you

Fast forward a couple years, yeah
Grown up in the place that we live
Make love, then we fight
Laugh 'cause it was only meant to be for one night baby
I guess we can't control
What's just not up to us
Be mine, be mine, yeah
Anytime, anytime

Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while
haven't I? I thought I knew it all
Found love but I was wrong
More times than enough
But since you came along
I'm thinking baby

You are bringing out a different kind of me
There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free
Falling all in
You fell for men who weren't how they appear
Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free
Falling all in you

Every time I see you baby I get lost
If I'm dreaming, baby, please don't wake me up
Every night I'm with you I fall more in love
Now I'm laying by your side
Everything feels right since you came along
I'm thinking baby

You, yeah, are bringing out a different kind of me
There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free
Falling all in
You fell for men who weren't how they appear (Ooh)
Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free
Falling all in you

The smile never left my lips when Rosè finished her song and even until we got back in the water to swim some more, earning a few teases from the others and Chaeyoung adding even more by calling me a certified creep. But I didn't mind. It was like I was pulled into a trance the moment she sang the song (for me, like who else right?) We strayed a little far from the group and they didn't bother us thanks to Mina and Jihyo who understood, telling the others to mind their own business. So here we are in a secluded part of the hot spring covered by a few trees and rocks separating the main area. I was just staring at this beautiful girl beside me and she was staring back. We held hands under the water and just entered into 'our' world.

"I really enjoy being with you Lisa. I've never been this happy in a long time. I know I've said this too many times but thank you." Rosè said then leaned her head on my shoulders and wrapped her hand on my waist. It isn't the first time we were this close to each other but everytime I feel nervous and I don't know why. Ever since that night we almost kissed, I've had this urge to just kiss her but of course, I respect her and our decision to take it slow but man, it's eating me up. Patience Lisa, you have a lot of that right?

"I love being with you Rosè and I wish I could stop time everytime we are together. For the longest time, I was sure I would be spending the rest of my life with Jennie but the relationship I had with her was I guess, a safe ground? Since we were together for a long time that it was just obvious enough we would end up together but that didn't work out. What we have now is so special to me Rosè and yes I will admit that my feelings for you is getting deeper. And I know we decided to wait but -  can we already dive into it?"

(Where's the patience you were talking about Lisa? - A/N)

Rosè removed her hand on my waist to look at me properly and I gulped real hard when I saw her with a unreadable expression. ! I think I spoke to soon. god Lisa, how can you ruin something you haven't even started yet?

I waited for her to say something. One minute. Two minutes. (I don't really have a watch so I was just assuming my counting)

"Lisa - " Finally she spoke. "as much as I want to dive into it,  I know deep inside, you are still not over your ex. I know even if you don't say it out loud, you'd still want to know the real reason why you and her didn't work out in the end. Being with one person most of your life is no joke and I really admire your commitment to her. But I don't think we are at that stage yet of committing to another. Please don't get me wrong, I like you very much. But I would want to have you with me wholeheartedly. No baggage, no loose strings. Just your heart beating for one person and one person alone. And when that happens, I am all yours Lisa Manoban." ending her speech with a kiss on my forehead, she stood up and held her hand out then we joined the others who were already starting to come out of the water as well.

The drive back to the hotel was quiet and as we said goodbye to the others, we went up our rooms. When we were already in front if her door, she asked me if I was alright. I answered her with my signature smile and assured her I was. She then said good night and went inside the room so I did the same to mine.  I went out of the balcony to smoke and saw the lights on her room being turned off so I thought she was getting ready to sleep, I was also tired from the activities we did earlier but sleep was nowhere to be seen. I looked up to watch the stars twinkling in the sky and just  contemplated on what she said earlier.

I listened to the stillness of the night and reflected. Jennie will always be in my heart and to be honest, it still hurts like hell just looking back on what happened to us. I still want to know the reason but would it change anything? Does knowing the truth change the outcome? Will it make a big difference in my life finding out why she fell out of love? I guess I should still thank her because she still had the 'decency' to let me know why she stood me up and not just leave me hanging. Although Rosè never said that we should stop what we are doing, I acknowledge what she wants to happen and I will make it happen. She was right as well, that to be with another person, there should be no baggage or loose strings from the past cause that just complicates things. I never had to deal with these kinds of things before and with Rosè, I just want to make everything right. She also has had her heart broken and even though our experiences was different from each other, we do need the time to heal ourselves.