fin.

Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You love me with your bones
You hold me when I'm broke

The curtains slowly cascaded to a close, letting the exhausted idols finally take a deep needed breath. They looked at each other with big grins on their faces, happy tears stinging their eyes. Collapsing into a group hug, they let the strong embrace of each other be a reminder of them making it.

Three figures walked first, laughing along the way. The maknae laughed as her two elder sister chased each other, and soon joined them. 

Wendy looked at them with a mischievous smile and a fond gaze. She tightly held the lightstick in her hand, scared that it might fall because of her sweaty palms. She noticed that a figure she went with earlier was not beside her anymore. She turned around to find her leader leaning against the wall.

"Are you all right unnie?" She asked, holding out her hand for Irene to take. She worriedly glanced at the woman who didn't bat an eyelash at the question, just continued to stare at her feet.

Wendy became worried at the lack of response. She slid closer, surprise washing over her when the older woman collapsed, just in time, on to her arms.

"You need to take care of yourself Hyunnie." Wendy muttered, applying cold cloth on Irene's blazing forehead. Irene just murmured under her breath.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be okay. I need to see the girls, they probably need me to cook them something." The sick woman replied, waving Wendy off. But a cough escaped her lips, opposing her own statement.

Wendy sighed. Grabbing Irene's cold hands, she tightly held it, kissing each knuckles until it softened under her lips.

"Don't worry about the girls now Hyun, they're old enough," she said, staring into Irene's dazed eyes. She heard an interjection, but shushed the older. 

"You are not Bae Irene, the leader of Red Velvet. You're Bae Joohyun right now." She held Irene's face, caressing it oh so softly like it's a porcelain that would easily break.

"Let me be your Son Seungwan." She finished, leaning in and fully kissing her awaiting lips.

Right. She's Bae Joohyun, and she has Son Seungwan by her side.

You don't ask for a thing
Oh, I hope it's you they put me in the ground by

Joohyun shakes her head. She glared at the pouting Seungwan, who sat idly on the bed, holding an ice pack on her forehead.

"I told you to be careful didn't I?" She reprimanded the younger woman, concern flooding her senses. She sighed deeply and inspected the forming lump on Seungwan's  temple area.

"I just didn't want her to get hurt Hyun." Seungwan said, fiddling with her fingers, letting Joohyun patch her up. 

The older woman frowned, the past scenarios of Seungwan being hurt by the said woman replaying in her head like a stereo.

"Why though? She's hurt you before, why bother to save her?" Joohyun bitterly replied, sitting beside the pondering woman.

Seungwan shrugged, smiling her famous toothy smile that can rival the sun itself.

Joohyun ruffled her hair and kissed her forehead. 

'This selfless girl.' Joohyun thought. 

'She's just making me fall for her deeper.'

Know where I've been, where I'm from
You know who took me to prom
You've watched as my legs and pride grew taller

They laid on the center of the gigantic bed, snuggled into each other's embrace like there wasn't a bigger space outside of their little bubble. They held hands, threading it naturally.

"Did you know," Seungwan suddenly said, interrupting the comfortable silence that surrounded them. Joohyun answered with a hum. 

"I fell in love with a Daegu girl." Seungwan continued, whispering it to the other woman like it was a secret that was only meant for the both of them. 

Joohyun raised her eyebrows, intrigued at the sudden confession. Jealousy bubbled up inside her, but she held it in.

"I fell in love with with the way she smiles, that made her look like a bunny. I fell in love with her cold attitude at first, but I fell more for her soft heartedness. I fell in love with her satoori accent that always shows up when she gets surprised. I...fell for her, unnie." Seungwan said, throwing up sincere words into Joohyun.

Joohyun couldn't bare any longer, she let go of Seungwan's hand, but the younger held it tighter, pulling Joohyun closer to her chest.

"I fell in love with Bae Joohyun, and I don't think I want to escape from it." She continued, her breath mingling with Joohyun's shaky ones.

Joohyun smiled, the misinterpreted jealousy leaving her body all at once. She looked at Seungwan, with love filled eyes. Resting her forehead on the younger one's, she whispered.

"I fell in love with a Canadian, not a comedian." 

A smack. 

"You ruined the mood!" Seungwan whined, glaring at Joohyun who kept laughing

Joohyun chuckled at the adorable Seungwan who pouted at her. She gently pushed the older woman out of her embrace and sulked, crossing her arms in front of her chest. 

Joohyun cooed at the sight. She gently reached on to Seungwan's hands and intertwined it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter