my heart draws me to you; you are my safe haven.

i know i have you to save my day

part one:
my heart draws me to you; you are my safe haven.

 

 

ShinB does not realise that she has not pulled away from her gaze that landed on Yuju a few minutes ago.

 

 

“She’s looking at you a lot today,” Eunha whispers from behind Yuju as she moves over across the stage at their fansign event. Yuju turns around and looks at Eunha with large, confused eyes. 

“ShinB,” Eunha answers the silent question.

“Yea,” Yuju nods, having known the answer herself, but why? she wonders, and turns to look for the said girl, who is now quietly fiddling with a toy a fan has given. Is she okay? Yuju ascertains that she is physically well. Is something bothering her? Could she be stressed? Has the quick comeback brought about an emotional burden, or could it perhaps just be tiring for the girl?

Yuju snaps away and smiles when a fan seats herself before her. She signs on the repackage album with a smile on her lips, but the questions do not leave her mind. 

 

 

“You’re looking at her a lot today, aren’t you?” Umji tells ShinB to snap her out of her daze. 

“What?” ShinB gives the very response Umji was expecting. 

Umji chuckles. “Nothing, just pointing that out.” She means her reply, though, knowing that the two members have such days sometimes. 

ShinB tries to smile. In a random urge to express appreciation, she gives Umji gentle pats on her head. Umji releases a gentle chuckle.

When they turn away from each other, a frown finds its way to ShinB’s lips again. Her eyes land on Yuju’s again. Something tells her that today, she really needs that comfort and company. 

She puts her head down and releases a sigh through her nostrils. Umji can hear it, heavily laced with distress and longing.