The Gallery

Princetown: A BTS fanfic

PRINCETOWN| Chapter 1

 

The Gallery

 

 

I opened my eyes again hoping to see better colors than the last time I opened them. I let out a breath of relief nang makita kong nasa mas komportableng kama na ako. Nilingon ko ang mga aparato pero wala na ito ngayon sa mga kamay ko. Ang kwartong kinaookupahan ko ngayon ay mas presko kesa sa puting puting kwartong pinaggalingan ko nang maghisterya ako.

 

The ceiling’s frame was decorated in gold and marble. In the center was a ceiling fan decorated with intricate gold laurels which I think were synthetic. This room has ivory walls with rosewood panels and there was a huge window overlooking the vast lands outside. The curtains are velvety with a yellow undertone and I wonder where I am now. I may have forgotten some important things but what I do know is that I’m a citizen of Gatzyre, a small but one of the richest country near the East Siberian Sea and apparently my name is Malka.

 

And I have a husband named Warrie.

 

I hugged myself when I remember how that man held me. I remember how his arms were so strong yet so gentle while he was trying to calm me down.

 

“Malka, please…”

 

“Hindi kita kayang saktan”

 

I shook the memories off my head and decided to get off the bed. The thought that I was probably back at home was confirmed by the pair of comfy bunny slippers on the carpeted floor. My clothes were different as well because instead of a white dress, I was covered in pink pyjamas. I was starting to breath calmly because I’m slowly relaxing to this when I saw myself in the standing mirror by the far end corner of the room.

 

It was the first time I saw myself pagkatapos ng nangyari. Dinama ko ang mukha ko at kapansin pansin ang pagbagsak ng timbang ko. My straight light brown hair was a mess and as I look at me closer I noticed that apart from the pale face and swollen eyes, I have some healed scars all over my face and down on my neck.

 

Unti unting nangilid ang luha ko sa pagkaawa na nakikita sa salamin.

 

“What the hell happened to me?” I bit my lip as I suppress the pain that I don’t even know what caused.

 

“Tulong! Parang awa niyo na!”

 

“Aah”

 

I felt my head and settled on the floor. I lowered my head between my knees. Sinubukan kong alalahanin ang nangyari noon pero kahit anong pilit ko walang bumabalik.

 

Pinilit kong tumayo at nang makaya ko na, I reached for the door and got out my room. Sa pag labas ko ay tumama sa akin ang preskong hangin ng lugar. Hindi mapapagkailang malaki ang bahay na ito. In fact, it’s more than a house because this is a mansion. The whole place was like a vacation house. There were high arches and tall windows all around. The hallways reach afar through out and the ceilings are high. Just above the room I exited from was a banister to the next floor. I paced to the center and I found the marbled stairs that’s connecting to them. From across a few feet, I can see the sun deck and the sparkly water from an infinity pool. I realized I was in the second floor because apart from the huge staircase going up, there’s another one going downstairs.

 

Bahay ba namin to? Sobrang yaman pala namin? Well, the citizen of this country is rich but…I’m not that sure if everyone has this huge of a home.

 

I chose to go upstairs because I feel like I will see people when I go downstairs. I don’t think I’m ready to socialize with them just yet. I still need more time to adjust. Maybe after I get my memories back.

 

Nang makarating ako sa ikatlong palapag ay sumalubong sa akin ang malaking painting ng magasawa. I could tell it was an old painting judging from the slightly faded colors of the paint. Hmm…I don’t think they’re my parents because if this painting is old then it’s probably my grandparents.

 

I smiled looking at the painting. It was obviously painted here. The couple was posing by the stairs showing their warm but aristocratic smiles. The painter did a good job capturing their faces. They look like they’re good people. Well, I think they are. I could feel it.

 

Nagpatuloy ako sa paglalakad at napahinto ng mahagip ng mga mata ko ang isang kwartong namumugaran ng marami pang paintings. Mukhang narating ko ang gallery ng mansion namin.

 

Sa bawat hakbang ko ay iba’t ibang mga pigura ang bumubungad sakin. Pero kahit iba iba ang subject ng mga paintings ay kapansin pansin na iisa lang ang art style ng mga ito. Lumapit ako sa isang obra na may larawang mga asul na bulaklak. Kagaya ito ng mga asul na rosas noong nasa hospital ako. I leaned closer and looked for the signature.

 

“Gauthier 129” Nilingon ko ang ibang painting at karamihan doon ay may signature na Gauthier 129.

 

Weird though. I have a feeling this has happened before. My head automatically went in pain when some memories made its way back to me.

 

It was at a gallery and I was so much younger. There was a party. A black tie event. Everyone was dressed up.

 

Then there was a girl who was chasing me around.

 

“Malka, come on, you have to at least learn to talk to boys!”

 

“No. I’d rather be alone.”

 

“Ugh, why are you making this difficult! Prestlyn, can you convince her. It’s for her own good.” The girl with the big blue eyes and honey blonde hair turned to another girl with brown doe eyes and black wavy hair.

 

Then the memories changed and shifted as if it was fast forwarded.

 

“Where are you going? Your parents are looking for you.” It was Warrie. Kahit bata pa siya noon, ang seryoso na talaga ng datingan niya.

 

“Please I just want to be alone.”

 

“Are you avoiding those girls?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Come with me then.”

 

“But-”

 

Naputol ang pagbalik ng mga memories ng may marinig akong tikhim sa di kalayuan.

 

I was unconsciously holding my breath thinking it was Warrie but he was another guy. Someone I should be familiar with, but I can’t quite put a name on.

 

“I-I’m sorry, I think I know you but I forgot your name.” Panimula ko. I heard him chuckle before heading towards me.

 

“Malka Bloom is apologizing for forgetting my name. Now I should have recorded that on camera. Would you mind saying that again?” Sabi nito sa nang aasar na tono. The man was drop dead gorgeous and he knows it. Nasa tipo nito ang maglaro at may pakiramdam ako na sobrang kulit niya. Tulad ni Warrie, ayoko rin sa kanya.

 

“I really don’t know you.”

 

Nang lubusan na itong ngumiti ay parang napako ako sa kinatatayuan ko. Lalu ata siyang gumwapo parang gusto ko lang siyang titigan ng mahabang panahon.

 

“Amias Blase L'atienne II. My friends call me Abe.”

 

“Do you have another nickname?”

 

He burst out laughing at that. “You used to call me Babe, Malka.”

 

I made a face at what he said. I knew it. May pagkaplayer vibes tong isang to.

 

“My cousin has informed me about your condition.”

 

“Your cousin?”

 

“Yeah. Your lovely Warrick Gauthier. You even call him Warrie because you think it’s cute.”

 

I shook my head. I g-gave him a nickname?

 

“Damn you’ve really forgotten about us. Gusto kong magtampo Malka. Itatapon mo ng ganun na lang yung mga pinagsamahan natin? Pano na ko maniniwala na mahal mo nga ako?”

 

Nalaglag ang panga ko sa sinabi niya.

 

“Look at your face!” Buhalhal niya. He even wiped some tear off at the expense of my misery. “Joke lang. Baka mapatay ako ng pinsan ko pag nalaman niya mga pinagsasasabi ko sayo. Sensitive pa naman yun pagdating sa’yo. Peace tayo ah.”

 

“Ano bang nangyari sakin? Alam mo ba ang dahilan kung bakit wala akong maalala?” I cleared my throat trying to recover at his banter. I don’t want to get chummy with someone especially since he told me he’s Warri- Warrick’s cousin.

 

Sumeryoso ang anyo niya bago siya sumagot. Like he’s trying to control his reaction before answering me.

 

“You suffered a great deal of concussion after being trapped in the mines of Borough.” He calculated my movements before continuing.

 

“You were inside for almost 3 weeks. We all thought you won’t make it.”

 

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. I was clutching the lapel of my pyjama top not aware of what I was doing. I caught him staring worriedly at me. “I’m okay now. Don’t worry about me.”

 

“Sure you are.” He scoffed like he knew I was going to say that. “So uh, how’re you feeling now? Has anything made sense so far? Did some memories come back? I hope they’re the good ones.” He muttered the last one like he was only talking to himself.

 

“Just little fragments. Seems like going here brings back some memories.” Pahayag ko habang sinusuri pa rin ang larawan sa harap.

 

“Maybe you’re remembering that time we met you.” He went closer by my side and viewed the same painting. “You see, close talaga kaming magpipinsan ever since we’re in diapers and when me, Kuya Arkyn, Alarik and Kuya Paesyn saw you and War coming out of the janitor’s closet together we knew we’d like you instantly. Tapos yun pala di niyo pa kilala yung isa’t isa noon. After 2 hours of hanging out inside that suffocating room ni hindi niyo man lang natanong sa isa’t isa kung sino kayo? Like, what the ?” He laughed remembering the memory.

 

“I was nervous that time because I know his family’s kinda powerful. Why would I bother?” Sa sinabi kong iyon ay tila natigilan si Abe. Maging ako ay nagulat din sa sinabi. Maaaring mali ako sa iniisip kanina. Ang bahay na ito, ang impression ng lugar sakin, maging ang ihip ng hangin ay nagpapahayag ng kapangyarihan at karangyaan. Imposibleng sa ganitong pamumuhay ako pinalaki.

 

“So you know back then that he’s destined for…” He hesitated but proceeded. “for greatness?”

 

I nodded to answer.

 

“Have you had any other memories?” He took a deep breath before saying that. Kahit palabiro si Abe, may kung ano sa kanya ang nananatiling misteryoso. Kahit madalas siyang ngumiti, may mga bagay na bumabahala sa kanya na pilit niyang tinatago. Baka nasa lahi nila ang ganoong ugali.

 

“Did you know you told me I was more handsome than Warrick?” Sabi niya to ease the tension.

 

I felt my cheeks heat up kasi pakiramdam ko hindi joke yun. “Wala na akong ibang naalala. Bukod sa inyo, I remember I went with Warrick because I was hiding from two girls. There’s the girl named Prestlyn, and the other one…she’s like a doll. Blonde hair, blue eyes.”

 

I saw Abe’s reaction at the last words I said like he was hesitating to think about that girl. But it only happened for a short second.

 

“Hmm, I think kailangan mo nang kumain. All this stress can take a toll on your health. Tingnan mo ang payat payat mo na!” Umakbay siya sa akin at bahagyang napahilig ako sa katawan niya.

 

Pinagsasabihan niya ako na hindi ko dapat pinupwersa na ibalik ang memorya ko para hindi na sumakit ang ulo ko nang makita namin na hindi na pala kami nagiisa sa loob.

 

Because Warrick was by the door leaning his body on the edge of the frame like he was waiting for us for a while now and he was getting bored with it. At nagpagupit siya! Gone are his long locks from before that was covering his eyes. He was now sporting an undercut that made his cheekbone more prominent. His toned arms were obvious in his fitted white long sleeves. He was wearing white sweatpants and white sneaks. He was dressed casually but his aura was dominating despite his choice of clothing.

 

His lips was in constant grim line and his brows are furrowed again but nevertheless it didn’t make him any less attractive.

 

“Cousin-”

 

“You have a 911 back in Thexaly.”

 

Nakita ko ang pagtaas ng kilay ni Abe sa sinabi ng pinsan wari’y may inaabangan.

 

“Something about an escape…” Dagdag naman ni Warrick.

 

Both of them had a stare down and I think they’re having some sort of mind link or something. Sa huli ay si Abe ang nagbaba ng tingin.

 

“It’s nice seeing you again Malka.” Paalam niya sakin matapos ng ilang segundo. Nakita ko ang bahagyang pagtaas ng sulok ng labi ni Warrick ng banggain siya ni Abe sa balikat paglabas nito.

 

Ngayong kaming dalawa na lang, pakiramdam ko mawawalan na naman ako ng malay. There’s just something about him that irks me out my system. Hindi talaga ako mapapanatag pag nandiyan siya.

 

“I’ll go back to my room.”

 

Before I could take a step and leave him, his hand was already on my wrist. He didn’t say anything first but he searched my face like he was trying to memorize me.

 

“Come here. I want to show you something.”

 

. I suddenly remember why I felt nervous that time he told me to come with him in that small closet. Stupid childish crushes.

 

“Do you need to hold my hand?” I complained trying to get away from his hold.

 

“Oo, baka makawala ka na naman.” He whispered so low pero narinig ko rin.

 

I sneered at him.

 

“Ang sungit pa rin talaga.” Dagdag pa niya.

 

“Ano bang kailangan mo!”

 

Nagpakawala lang siya ng hininga bago ako tinapunan ng pansin. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Okay na ko. Pwede mo na akong iwan!” I tried to get away again but he was too strong. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko ng kinabig niya ako lalu palapit sa katawan niya. I could smell musk and aftershave in him that made me want to smell him more.

 

“Don’t try to fight me baby or else you’ll see where it leads. And I don’t think you’d be ready for that. Least not yet.”

 

“P-pwede ba, pagod na ko. I’d like to have some peace.” I said ignoring his words kahit sobrang kinakabahan na ako sa mga pinagsasabi niya. His presence was already too much to take, tapos ganun pa siya magsalita!

 

“Abe was right you know. You should eat. You lost 10 kilos, Malka.”

 

Hindi ako sumagot. Ayokong aminin na nagugutom nga ako. Pero kasi pag sinabi kong kakain ako baka sumama siya at ayokong makasama siya habang kumakain ako. I might lose my appetite.

 

I felt his eyes on me ng hindi ko nagawang magkomento sa sinabi niya. Talaga bang ganyan siya kaseryoso? Para kasing lahat ng kilos niya karkulado niya. Pati lahat ng mga salitang lumalabas sa bibig niya’y pinipili niyang mabuti bago niya isatinig. Pinakasalan ko ba talaga ang lalaking to? Baka naman wala ako sa tamang huwisyo nung nagpropose siya or baka hindi kami normal na mag-asawa?

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

I clenched my teeth when I felt his breath on my ear. I don’t want to feel anything for this guy but my body seems to react differently at his advances.

 

“That signature. It’s weird.” I’d rather talk about paintings, Warrie. Huwag mo nang itanong kung anong iniisip ko dahil may tama ang utak ko ngayon.

 

He chuckled at what I said. Kasabay ng pagtawa niya’y pagbaba naman ng kamay niya sa aking bewang. And I can’t believe for the second time today, I found a god standing before my eyes. Does good genes run in the family?

 

“Um, what’s so funny?” I told him when his smile stayed in his face. Hindi ko magawang umiwas ng tingin dahil alam kong konting segundo na lang mawawala na ang ngiti niya. Sumuko na rin ako at di na lumayo sa kanya.

 

“You said the same thing about my signature back then at the gallery.”

 

That’s a shocker. So he paints? Is that like his day job? Our country, Gatzyre, is famous for fine arts and architecture. Tinaguriang country of painters ang bansa maybe that’s why his family is wealthy too.

 

“This is your painting?”

 

He nodded slowly and averted his eyes from me. “Well this is the family’s gallery but most of them are mine. I like to paint since I was a kid.”

 

I felt his hand tighten on my waist. “So, artist ka? I mean painter?”

 

“Hmm, occasionally.”

 

“So hindi ka full-time painter?”

 

I looked at him again when I felt his giggle.

 

“No baby.”

 

“E anong trabaho mo? Bakit parang ang yaman yaman mo?”

 

Kung hindi siya painter, hindi kaya illegal ang trabaho niya?

 

“I’m a businessman. At kung iniisip mo kung ilegal ang tabaho ko, hindi.”

 

Marahan akong tumango at iniwas na ang tingin sa kanya ng magpatuloy siya. “My family has always been...wealthy.”

 

“What’s your full name again?” I asked.

 

His jaw clenched at my question like it was the most difficult one to answer.

 

“My name is Warrick Emile Gauthier.” Sa bawat bigkas niya ng pangalan ay parang pinapatay ako. It’s like his name holds a lot of memories in me that I feel so guilty not remembering any of it.

 

“You wanna know yours?” Sabi niya at lumipat sa aking likod. Both of his hands held mine and I felt his head drop on my right shoulder.

 

“Abe called me Malka Bloom.”

 

“Your name is Malkanurie Albertine Bloom Gauthier.” Napasinghap ako nang tuluyan na niya akong niyakap galing sa likod.

 

 “You’re 24 years old. Born in Les Zyiec, Philistine on November 18, 2007. You finished a degree in music and you play the piano so well.”

 

Ang lungkot sa boses niya habang pinapaalala sa akin ang pagkatao ko ay nakakapanghina. It was like it hurts him to try and make me remember who I was before. I can deny it but the truth was, I felt bad for him too.

 

I let out a breath before I spoke. Having him embrace me has made me a little bit defenseless.

 

“Where am I now?”

 

“You’re in our ancestral home. We’re in Cybele, Xeneka.”

 

“What happened to me? Why was I trapped in the mines?”

 

“Before you were found in Borough, we had a big fight.”

 

“Why were we fighting?”

 

I felt him stiffen behind me. This is all too good to be true. Kung mag-asawa man kami, hindi ako maniniwalang masaya ang pagsasama namin. Unang una, makapangyarihan siya. His type is domineering and I bet his pride is as high as the tallest buildings of the country. Pangalawa, sinong lalaking sobrang gwapo ang mananatiling faithful sa asawa? And third…

 

“I bet our marriage was arranged, wasn’t it?”

 

He sighed. His lips found my shoulder and to my surprise I almost flinched. Minutes passed by and I realized he’s not going to answer my question. I knew better.

 

“I’m hungry. I want to eat now.”

 

He nodded. “Sasamahan na kita.”

 

I pulled his hand back when he lead us out.

 

“After lunch, I wish to go home Warrick.”