First

Time And Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt a hand lightly tapped on my shoulder, I immediately sit up. Thankfully, it was just my friend Ashley. I would have been dead if the lecturer caught me fell asleep in her class. I was in a business law class, studying about cases and stuff. Boring, boring as it can ever be.

The bell finally rang, “OH my gosh, it’s only the second week of class and I can’t wait till I am done,” I complained to Ashley. “Jeez, come on. It’s our final year for God’s sake. You need to take this class seriously if you want to graduate,” Ashley retorted back.

Unlike me, Ashley was a good student who really cared about her GPA and stuff. Me on the other side, as long as I graduate, I’m good. It’s our senior year in college and I agree that we were the busiest that time but honestly, I could care less.

We went out for lunch together at Shake Shack, my favorite place. After we got out order, I had my hair tied up and ate like I have not eaten since last week. I ordered a lot. I was famished. When I was done with stuffing the food into my mouth, I looked to my right to peek at the menu. But instead of the menu, I found a very tall young man looking down at me.

I looked up to him, (with my mouth full of fries and burgers) questioning why he was looking at me. All of a sudden, he bend down. My crazy mind went wild. I thought he was going to propose to me. I did not even know who this guy was. What should I say if he asked me to marry him?

All that imagination scattered when he looked up, “is this yours?” he asked while holding my phone. I looked at his hand to find my phone rested on it. I was so dumbfounded. “Yes, yes.” I nodded and I quickly took a napkin to cover my mouth. He handed it to me as he stood up. “Thank you,” I said, avoiding his eyes.

He left me after all that. I looked at Ashley who was sitting across me. She just smiled at me. “Wow, never seen that before,” she uttered. I quickly chewed my food, “What?” I asked.

“You being flustered and all. I mean your face is super red, dude.” she said as she giggled.

“I am not,” I stressed. “I was just surprise, I mean, I didn’t even know my phone fell off.” I blurt out excuses.

We drove back to school once we were done with our food. I gotta be honest, I kept thinking about that guy. He was honestly a piece of art. He was a tall guy. He wore a grey hoodie with a skinny jean. He had air pods on his ear, a black backpack hung on his left shoulder. Very simple but dang he looked like a whole model.

“Still thinking about him, I see?” Ashley teased. I lightly punched her because she was not wrong. “We’ll find out who he is later, okay. Now, let’s go, we’re almost late,” she said as she gathered her stuff from the backseat. I got out of car, my heart skipped a beat when the door almost hit the other car. It was a freaking expensive car, at least it looked like it.

I closed the door on my side and I heard a voice, “Hey, did you just knocked my car?” someone said almost screaming at me, from the car’s window next to me. “Uhm, no I did not. I mean I almost hit it but I didn’t,” I answered that boy inside. “Well,” he said as he got out of his car and leaned on the door, “I heard a bang, and your face looked like you were scared for a second so,” he finished his sentence arrogantly. “Well, I-,” “Kai, stop it. She didn’t hit your car,” I was cut off by someone else.

I looked at the other man who said that. As crazy as it sounds, it was the guy that picked up my phone. The other guy, who apparently named Kai, groaned as he locked his car and walked out.

I looked at the guy who “saved me” like twice today. He just flashed a quick smile and left with the other guy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter