MODERATO

Love How You Flirt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 hour.

It has been an hour since Wheein arrived in the café but she doesn’t seem to make herself do productive activities. Loads of work to do, several readings are waiting for her when she gets home. However, her mind remains blank and being in a café makes her want to relax and let the time pass as it should. It’s a peaceful Tuesday afternoon, the time of the week where Wheein should be sleeping in her apartment. But due to some unexpected schedule, she was tasked to write about their professor, a surprise from the department. Wheein, being the outstanding student that she is, the student president of their department, was tasked to prepare a poetry about the certain professor.  It usually takes an hour for her to finish, but today is different.

She gave up doing her task for today, after all, this is due the week after next week. She just wanted to lift and unload the weights early so there won’t be unnecessary weights pulling her when for her academics.

Looking around in the café, she noticed a small folded paper by the window. It must be any kind of trash people sometimes forget to clean up. She walked near it and unfolded the piece of paper.

“To whoever reading this, have a great day! You can do it!”

Wheein couldn’t deny how it changed her mood immediately. Thinking that a stranger could’ve done it just to cheer up another stranger. It warms her too. Suddenly, another piece of paper is just next her table. This is a sketchy thing to happen. She went back to her seat and opened the note.

“Little smile every day is wonderful sight!”

This must be a trick, Wheein immediately smiled upon reading the note. She looked around to see if someone passed by and minutes trying to observe her surroundings, a waitress holding a tray in her hand slid a note to another stranger. There it was, Wheein saw how the waitress flashed her brightest smile and sneakily putting the note near the customer.

It was a heartwarming act for the café to do such thing. When the waitress goes back to the kitchen, Wheein thought it would be nice to do the same.  At the far back of the café, there stood a stand and guitar, this place offers open mike sometimes in the evening. In fact, Wheein usually come here to listen to her bestfriend perform. This time, she wants to return the kindness by performing.

Wheein stood in the counter asking the clerk if she could play a song for everyone. She made it clear that it is for free, she just wanted to convey something. The clerk in the counter, looking young and carefree flashed her a smile and told her if she could wait for the owner’s permission. Although Wheein thought that there’s a fat chance of having her request approved, she smiled at the pretty girl in the counter and mouthed yes.

The clerk went back in a few seconds telling her to wait in her seat, the owner will just prepare something and talk to her.

 

She didn’t know why she’s suddenly nervous. Her intentions in singing are quite wholesome now that she thought about it. Lost in her thoughts, a long-haired woman with a dashing look stood in front of Wheein. Not quite expecting her presence, Wheein furrowed her eyebrows before she asked

“Uhh… How can I help you?” What a clumsy thing to say! wWishing that didn’t come off as awkward as it is.

The woman smiled brightly at her and introduced herself in the cutest way, she bowed in front of Wheein

“I’m Yongsun. Kim Yongsun, owner of the café” she said smiling brightly and proudly. Wheein noticed how charming her smirk gets. Quite amused at the action, Wheein offered a seat so they could properly talk.

 

“Quite ironic, you’re asking me to sit, right in my own café” Yongsun said jokingly as she sat. Wheein was taken aback and was late to realize the joke.

“Don’t worry it was a joke” Yongsun said abruptly. Aware of the awkward atmosphere, Wheein got the urge to explain herself.

“I just want to sing for everybody really. Maybe you’re making a big deal out of it.” Wheein said as she sip from her coffee.

Yongsun was still smiling and looked at her. “ We know, that’s why we took things seriously, I was curious what urged you to do so. You come here often, too. Were you thinking of singing ever since?”

Wheein was quick to notice that she’s being observed as the owner knew her presence in the café, so she quarried, “Oh, you notice me around?”

“It wasn’t hard to notice you, and it was not easy to overlook such a cute face and frequent customer.” Yongsun replied. “So, --“ she looks at Wheein expectantly. “What?” Wheein answered self-consciously.

“You did not answer my question.” Yongsun said before beaming a smile.

“Oh—right. Yes, I come here often, but I just want to sing just now. I saw a note in the café and noticed that your staffs are the ones sneakily putting it.” Wheein then again, smiled at the thought. “I find it sweet and cute so I guess a song or two might repay or at least express gratitude.”

Wheein noticed how shocked Yongsun is, “Did I say something bad? Do you know about the notes?”

Realizing that Wheein misinterpreted her shocked face, Yongsun was quick to defend. “Oh no, it’s just, that was my little project for the café goers.” This time she look at the people around the café.

“Most of them are here working on something. Although it’s nice to give them comfortable accommodation, you, our customers actually pay here, and I thought maybe a note can offer a little encouragement.”

Wheein was even more amazed and made her more excited to perform for the staff and for the owner. “Well, am I allowed to sing?” she asked cutely at the owner. Without hesitation, Yongsun answered yes. It was a relief for Wheein, this small act of kindness is what she always live for.

“You know, I can play the piano for you.” Yongsun offered. As much as Wheein wanted the offer, there’s a strong urge in her to let the woman sit and enjoy her gratitude, so Wheein turned down the offer but was quick to tell her the reason.

“I think it would be lovely, but for now, I want to sing for you, too.. uuhh” Wheein suddenly realized she doesn’t  know how to address the owner.  “-- Yongsun-shi” The words falter in wheein’s tongue.

Yongsun laughed at the cute call of her name but insisted to call her unnie.

“Okay, unnie, I’ll prepare now.” Wheein cutely said.

“Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing fine.” Wheein greeted the crowd. She wasn’t surprised how most of the costumer’s look confused. The singing sessions are expected to be at evening. “I just want to sing a few songs for the staff of the café and for the owner for the little kindness that they’ve done for me.” Wheein smiled looking at Yongsun.

It wasn’t hard to say that Yonsun is a beauty, but as she stood at the end of the café, it must be the lighting but the stunning woman look ethereal. “Yongsun-unnie, I hope you’ll enjoy my performance.”

“Of course, we always enjoy free service!” Yongsun joked adjusting herself in Wheein’s seat to see her better. Wheein chuckled at the light joke of a stranger. 

“Well, this is not uuh—a song that expresses gratitude, and this is quite y.” Wheein said. Yongsun laughed mistaking it as a joke. But when Wheein started to strum the guitar in a very sophisticated plucking, enchanting rhythm was felt, followed by the luring voice of the younger woman.

*Listen to moderato while reading*

 

Yongsun POV

 

She hummed the songs and sophisticatedly strummed her guitar. Yongsun figured song is better played with a piano instead of a guitar. Nonetheless, she expressed it so well. She wanted to play with the girl in front. She wanted to play the paino for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter