For Whatever Reason

On Track

I should’ve hurried It’s too late to regret it now

Younha had been friends with Seungmin, Minho and Changbin from Junior School. But Younha always stay with Seungmin since she is a very shy person, Minho is close to her too but always like to sometimes, and Changbin is super busy cause he likes to produce songs but they always had time together.

In Senior High they all got to the same School, and join the Drama club together. They met Bangchan as the leader of the club, Hyunjin and Jongin as the actors, and lastly Jisung and Felix who worked behind the scenes. Apparently Minho got the role as one of the actor while the rest of us worked behind the scenes. From that, they got close to each other, always hang out together and Younha now have many other friends. In the midle of the first year Younha had to move because of personal reason. Younha and Minho who had feelings for each other now have to be apart and haven’t express their feelings yet.

In the last year of Senior high Younha return, and saw them making drama with a new girl member after school. When they saw her, they all came to greet her except Minho, Hyunjin, and Jongin who’s talking to the girl. They lock eyes for a moment but no movement, when Minho about to move Jongin already run toward Younha to greeted her and his body cover her vision from the three of them.


The sky is still blue but why is everything blurry

Within my blurred vision I can only see you clearly

”Younha we’ll finish our script first and then we can go, wait for us! It’s the last part” Bangchan said while telling the others to stand by. Younha sit on a bench near the site while watching them, when they’re done Seungmin immediately runs toward her and hug her. She hug him back while smiling “I missed you” he said. “Why are you not telling us when you’re coming back?” Changbin asked. “Surprise?” she replay and looking at Minho and Hyunjin who’s just come to greet her after parting with the girl. “Long time no see” she said with a smile, Hyunjin greet her back while Minho still look shocked with her return and still manage to smile.

“Should we go now?” Bangchan asked “Man I’m so hungry” Felix said while holding his stomach. “Should we eat at the Tteokbokki and Odeng place we used to go?” Jisung asked “That’ll be nice” Jongin answered. Along the way, they talked about how she’s been and the days without her “Hahaha you’re exaggerating” she said playfully while bumping her shoulder to Jisung. While they eat, Bangchan tells her about the new drama their filming right now “So her name is Areum” Younha said “Yeah, she joins in the Second year” he continued. They talked a lot and doesn’t realize the time already “You will come to School tomorrow right?” Seungmin asked before they apart, she nods. Minho and Younha’s house are not far from each other so they walk back together in silence. When they arrived in front of Younha’s house he asked “I’ll see you tomorrow right?” “Yes” she said “Thank you and be careful Minho” she continued while entering her house.


I was walking following your pace

Then I got lost for a moment

When she arrived at her school gate she spotted Hyunjin and Minho walking together laughing when she about to greet them she saw Areum greet them and walk together between Hyunjin and Minho. She followed behind quietly.

She was in the same class with Seungmin and Jongin, when time to break comes she doesn’t want to eat and decided to go to the drama club room so Seungmin went to the cafeteria alone meeting the others. While passing the classes, she saw Hyunjin. When she’s about to say hello she saw he was talking to Areum while holding the recording camera so she just went away. In the Drama club room she was looking at the stuff and documents from the past with her picture with the others in it smiling happily. She wondered why her relationship with Minho become like this they didn’t talk to each other much, everything is just seem unfamiliar and uncomfortable for her. Suddenly Areum come into the room alone “Oh hi!” Areum greet, and Younha greet back. “Were you looking for something?” she asked “Oh sorry I was just looking at the pictures” “You’re from the Drama club too before right?, I saw your pictures and I saw you talking to the boys too” Areum said while smiling “I’m Areum by the way, the new member” “I know” Younha answered “I’ve heard you a lot from the boys” she continued “They talked about you a lot too you know, they say how wished you were here”. On that day they talked a lot until Younha realized something.

It’s too late

The last train to return to you has stopped

 Areum likes Minho.


I really hate myself for not getting close to you

I really hate you because I feel so far from you

As days gone by, the more frequent Younha hang out with Minho and going home together, even though many things have changed there’s still something that bother’s her maybe because her feeling that remains there or the fear of losing Minho to Areum.

When she’s entering the Drama Club she saw Minho is laughing with Areum “Hi” Younha greet and asked what are they doing and take a seat next to Minho. They said they’re talking about the video they take recently. Not long after, Hyunjin come to the room and looking at Minho with jealousy and sit beside Areum, Minho and Areum doesn’t look happy too. They were talking about the video till Younha feels alone while writing for the new script, the feelings when you’re together but alone, so she decided to went outside and sit on the bench near the baseball field. “Hey, why are you alone?” Bangchan approach her “I was writting for the new script”, she reply while greet him back “Where is Seungmin?” “He was practicing Baseball” she said while pointing at Seungmin in the field. “I’m going to the Drama club room, you wanna come?” “Nah I just from there, Minho, Hyunjin, and Areum were there talking about the video they took recently and I don’t want to bother them” “You know, there’s no reason for you to bother them when you’re only writting” he said. Nothing can be hide from Bangchan so she only stay silent. “You still have feeling for Minho right?” she only look down “It’s okay he’ll realize later whose in his heart, I’m going!” He said and then walk away.


Is it just me who misses us so much?

I wonder how far you’ve gone away?

Younha accidentally meets Jongin on her way to the bookstore “Jongin!” she called and Jongin turn around and greet her “What are you doing?” he asked “I’m going to the bookstore” and it turns out that he is going to the bookstore too so they walk together “Why are you alone? Where Hyunjin?” Younha asked as they enter the bookstore “I don’t know” he answered shortly and went away to get his book. They decided to go to the cafe nearby because the weather is hot and they discuss about a lot of stuff and all the preparation for the new script. “I feel far away from Hyujin” Jongin said suddenly and Younha become quite. “I’ve close to Hyunjin since when we’re Junior but now everything’s feels completely different, when Areum appears” he said the last part quietly but Younha manage to hear it “I don’t want to blame her or Hyunjin for having feelings to her, but why must he like this? It’s not like I like Areum too” “Don’t you feel the same Younha? Minho is also away from you” he asked “I can’t control his feeling and I don’t want to lose him either, is not only you Jongin”.

Days passed and everything is still the same and the others is also busy with the preparation for the final scene. After school, Jongin accompany Younha to buy a drink, and met Hyunjin and Minho buying a drink together but buys two per person. Younha and Jongin just looking at them till they went away without realizing them, “You don’t want?” she asked “Nah I’m not thirsty” “Okay, don’t asked me one later” Younha said jokingly. When they arrived at the Drama club room they spotted Minho and Hyunjin with Areum sitting in between with two drinks in her hand and the atmosphere is so awkward. Jongin just sit on the long chair beside Hyunjin and Younha follows him and sit beside Jongin. They just sit there didn’t say anything while both Hyunjin and Minho are looking at Areum and Areum looking at the drinks in her hand. Suddenly Jongin take Hyunjin’s drink from his hand and drink it. All eyes on Jongin now. “Let’s go” he said and drag Younha out of the room.

The next day they all playing football in the field, Younha and Jongin didn’t participate, she only sit and looking at them while Jongin standing near the goalpost. When Minho scores, Hyunjin as the goal keeper feel a bit upset because Minho’s smile looks like he was scoring something else and Jongin put his hand on Hyunjin’s shoulder to comfort him. Minho approached Younha to ask for a drink and she gave it to him and ruffle her hair while muttering thank you and continue playing again.

"I miss all of it"


I should’ve come up with any reason

To stop this situation

Everything is still same but it feels like Minho is gradually going further from Younha sometimes he suddenly cancel the plan and said that he had other plan and many other excuses. One time they had a plan to review about the new script she’s written and he said he want to practice too but suddenly he told her that he had other plan and Younha saw him walking alone so she followed behind and she look at Minho whose watching Hyunjin with Areum and come up to them. So she just walk away.

Minho have been feeling weird lately, he likes Areum but whenever he look at Younha he can still feel something, something that makes him nervous and never want to leave her. He decided to try to make a distance with Younha so he can focus on his feelings for Areum. Until one day he push her away.

“Minho you’re going to accompany me to the store right?” Younha asked “Sorry it turns out that I have a plan at that time” Minho said flatly. “Are you serius?, you’ve been cancelling all of our plans Minho!, I’ve never wanted to say this but you completely become a different person, you even avoid me!” Younha said in anger but never raise her voice, suddenly Minho look annoyed and raise his voice “So what do you want me to do?!, I don’t want to come and even see you”. Tears start to pool around her eyes and Minho look shock either because he saw the tears in her eyes and just realize he said things that initially he didn’t mean it “Youn-” before he finish his sentence Younha walk away and enter her house.


If you go further away

I might fall apart by myself

(I should’ve held on to you)

From that day everything just fall apart for both of them.

Younha has been avoiding Minho all day along, and whenever he asked to have a word Younha always walks away and never listen to him at all. They still hang out together with the members of the Drama club but Minho never got a chance to talk to her.


Even after time keeps passing by

This constant desperation of mine

Makes me look for you You come to me every night

And tantalize me again

Minho never got much sleep, lost all his appetite to eat, and still regretting everything’s he done and said toward Younha, and what’s even torturing him is that his feeling was wrong all this time. All his feelings for Areum was actually for Younha but he just denied it all the time. He just taking out all his feelings to Areum because Younha’s sudden move back then.

And all his feelings for Younha is back.


I know it because I’m a fool

I can’t live without you

The day of the final reading for the script has come. They all gather in the Drama Club room to discuss about it, Minho decided to speak, Everything he has been holding, all his feeling, and all of the things he couldn’t said to Younha.

My steps feel too heavy

To make it through the day without you

 

As Minho come closer to Younha

Everyone is just looking at them while Areum went out of the room and Hyunjin can only look at Aream figure went away and Jongin once again comfort his bestfriend “Thing’s will be back to normal”.

Once again towards you One more step, I will never stop

She cries in his arm while he whispered sweet things in her ear and telling her that everything is alright now.

I can never let you go 


A/N : On track really gave me the inspiration for writting this hahaha 

comment appreciated!