Just You

Eyes Set For One

"The time is nearing, Jungkook," his mother's tender voice sounded through the dry hospital air. Jungkook could hear the strain and excitement exuding from her voice in small doses; he could only grunt in response. "The nurse should be here shortly."

It'd been about a full week since he had undergone surgery to correct his eyesight. The doctors had relayed that the surgery turned out successful, but Jungkook has yet to see the results for himself as his eyes were covered with bandages. Bandages that would be coming off today.

The sound of the door opening and soft, persistent steps caught his attention. These footsteps were quite frequent during the past week he supposed.

"Good morning, Jungkook!" The bright voice greeted before letting out a silent 'oops' upon realizing that there were other people in the room. "My apologies! You all must be Jungkook's family; I'm Taehyung, his nurse for the past few days following his surgery."

He could hear his younger brother's grunt of annoyance, he had a tendency to hate bubbly people. Jungkook did too, but Taehyung was different. He wasn't just cheerful, he was soft spoken, very kind and meticulous. The young man's voice made Jungkook feel pleasantly warm, like a warm ray of light shinging in a dark room.

The slight creaking of the bed caught his attention. A delicate hand rested on his own large ones.

"How have you been feeling today, Jungkook? No sickness or headaches?" Taehyung inquires.

"Fine. No sickness or headaches," Jungkook answers mildly. There was always an airy feeling about Taehyung's presence, he was uncharacteristically comfortable around him. There was no doubt, a smile on the man's face right now. The eldest Jeon son found himself suddenly picturing that smile in person.

"That's great! Now we can remove these bandages and get you seeing again. Mr. Jeon, if you could please dim the lights; any brightness could shock his optical nerves and we definitely don't want that."

A few seconds pass before there is an almost soundless click, probably his father flipping the light switch. Jungkook took in a small breath and exhaled in attempt to hush his nerves as he felt gentle hands cut at the bandage tape and unwind the guaze at a leisurely pace. It had seemed as though hours had passed by until Taehyung's hands paused in the middle of unwinding.

"Alright, only a little bit is left, Jungkook. Would you close your eyes for me? I'll tell you when to open them."

Jungkook nodded, following the request. Teahyung didn't waste time removing the last of the bandages swiftly.

"Okay. Now who would you like to see first, Jungkook?"

He took his time considering his choice. Unquestionably, his family was important to him, but those pairs of faces were all too memorable. He could always see them later. A face that was not memorable to Junkook was the kind male nurse who always seemed to be a ball of energy. He had only been blind for a little over a year; he worried that should he wait any longer, Taehyung wouldn't be what he'd pictured him to be.

"You." He could feel the shock spreading the air throughout the room.

"Wouldn't you prefer to see your mother or father first?" The younger man asked, moving to get off the hospital bed only to be grabbed by the wrist and pulled back down. Jungkook was quick to act.

"You are who I want to see. Just you."

He couldn't help but find it amusing when the hand in his own heated up. Taehyung gave in with a sigh that held no irritation.

"W-well okay then! Uh... I suppose you can open your eyes whenever you're ready."

Jungkook didn't let another second pass; he peeled open his eyes, slowly taking in the graceful figure in front of him.

The room was dim, but Jungkook could see everything about the man quite clearly. His hair was blue, ocean blue. His sun-kissed skin favored the color of warm sand on the beach. His face was rounded and well carved like the facial features of a sculpture he'd seen a few times during his childhood. A faint blush was dusted over the man's cheeks that made Jungkook's heart skip a beat. His eyes— almost the same color as his hair— were so distinctly blue, and were brightened by the lack of light in the room. He wore a foolish looking pair of white and pink horizontal striped scrubs, customary for nurses in the hospital, although Taehyung did not look foolish. He looked quite cute.

How on Earth could a person be crafted so beautifully? The appearance of the man was surely tempting Jungkook's self control.

Now that he was able to see that the blue haired male was beautiful from both inside and out, Jungkook realized that this was the one.

Taehyung's blush darkened.

'Without a doubt, the one.'