"I’m not the only one"

The broken vow

 

The tingling sound of a smooth jazz melody was filling the house. But the velvet like sounds were disturbed by the TV playing in the living room. The eight o’clock news were buzzing with excitement. It was like you had pressed the replay button. Every night for the past month all you could hear as soon as you the TV was about them.

 

“EXO’s Byun Baekhyun and SNSD Taeyeon back together”

 

Even sitting in the kitchen you could still hear the news anchor crystal clear.

 

“Baekyeon couple cached going on a date in EXO Baekhyun’s new BMW”

 

You thought you were going crazy. When you heard the news about them, you heard him too. His usually melodic voice, sounding more and more annoyed as he explains to you for the hundredth times that this is nothing.

It was nothing but work, something that will make his newest album sales go skyrocketing.

 

Next you heard her. Voice dripping with possession as she talks about their couple schedule.

Then come your friends’ voices, then his friends. You wanted to scream that these were all lies, but you couldn't and the voices drowned you in the darkness of your mind.

 

You're sitting in the kitchen, staring at the made–up table and now cold dinner. On the outside you are perfect. Dressed head to toe for him.

The red dress he brought you for your birthday. The heels you fell in love while reading some magazine and the next day he had them delivered to your doorstep. And lastly the diamond earrings his mother gifted you for your engagement.

 

While sitting dressed up and waiting for him to come home for yet another night you opened the wine and poured yourself a glass. It's bitter taste calming the storm inside you, enough for you to notice the tears rolling down your checks.

But you let them roll down. Have their free run.

The same as the wine. Sliding down your throat burning you from inside out, but not enough to erase his traces, to free you from him.