Prolouge

No Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

John Paulo Nase is nothing but a simple young man. He grew up in a generic Filipino family, both his mother and father were the breadwinner of their family. They worked all they can so he and his siblings could eat more than three times a day, study in a private school, and sleep comfortably every night on a soft mattress with a proper ventilation and no blood- insects pestering them every now and then. His parents love him and his sister unconditionally. He was raised a decent young man.
Where did it all go wrong?
Here he was, sitting side by side with his longtime girlfriend, Stella. He felt small and pathetic under the judgmental and disgusted gaze of Stella’s father, Felipe Juan Ajero. The man was aloof and morose. John Paulo could feel the his girlfriend tremble in fear and sadness so he placed his much larger hand on top of her hand, an assurance that he won’t leave her. Mr. Ajero scowled at the gesture. Stella was trying her best not to cry meanwhile both of their mothers has already broken the dam. Mrs. Nase and Mrs. Ajero weeping loudly as they shouted in distress on both of the teens.
“How could you?!”
“You’re only 18!”
“Where did we get wrong?!”
Josefina Nase and Melanie Ajero didn’t dared to recommend abortion. Both women are devoted Catholics and strongly opposed to such idea. Emmanual Nase, John Paulo’s father, remained quiet and stoic, staring down at the commotion with his arms as if calculating his upcoming move for the problem presented in front of him.
John Paulo ignored the sharp pain of his jaw that’s currently blooming with black and blue ink. Mr. Ajero punched him square on his jaw as soon as he dropped the news. His own father physically restrained Mr. Ajero from hurting him further more. He deserved it after all. Who wouldn’t get mad if your only daughter got pregnant when she’s a month away into college? He sighed and lift his head, here goes nothing.
“I’ll marry Stella.”
Mr. Ajero quirked his thick brows but still refusing to remove his glare off of the young lad who ruined his daughter’s life.
“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter