The Full Moon

Werewolf

January 27, 1994 at 11:23AM...

 

It was full moon. Byul knew what would happen next. Since Wheein doesn’t know she has to leave people behind when it’s this day, Byul is worried that Wheein would find her transforming into a werewolf.

 

She couldn’t blame herself from being one. She just became one when Greyback bit her while he was in his wolfish form, Byul almost died at that moment but luckily, she didn’t.

 

She has to tell Wheein now before it’s too late.

She called Wheein but Whee won’t answer. She was finding Whee but she wasn’t there.

 

Byul was frustrated since it was about to be lunch time when she woke up. Only to find that the day would be a full moon. She had to get ready.

 

She took a bath, ate alone, and dressed up as she was going to an important meeting. She got there with her best co-worker friend, Kim YongSun.

 

When it was about to be 5:00PM because she was hanging out with Yong after the meeting, she was panicking, Whee called her but she didn’t answer because she was busy.

 

Wheein was worried that something must have happened to Byul. So, she called Yong and Yong answered.

 

W: Yong-Unnie...

 

Y: What is it Whee?

 

W: Where’s Byul?

 

Y: Hold on, let me take her to the phone—

 

B: Yes Whee?

 

W: Unnie where have you been? I’ve been calling you but you won’t answer!

 

B: Look, I was at the office, an important meeting, hanged out with Yong. That’s because you didn’t answer earlier before lunch!

 

W: Hey, I was just at the backyard doing my regular stuff! Didn’t you notice when you woke up earlier?

 

B: No, that’s why I called you, you didn’t answer.

 

While Byul was talking on the phone, she checked the clock, it was 6:00PM now, time flew so fast while she was talking to Whee.

 

There’s only one hour left, she will be a werewolf at this time, she had to tell Whee to pick her up at Yong’s house. Fortunately, Whee arrived just a few minutes later.

 

Byul had to say goodbye to Yong. That was it. They went to the park for a quick rest. They almost slept and when Byul sensed that she was getting wolfish, she checked the time, it was 5 minutes before she turns into a werewolf.

 

B: t, Whee, stay here, I’ll go to the bathroom for a sec—

 

W: I don’t want to stay here! Let me join you!

 

B: No need Whee, you’re wasting my time trying to go to the bathroom!

 

W: Whatever, I’ll go with you.

 

B: I said don’t!

 

Only 2 minutes left and the two were arguing...

 

B: I SAID WHAT I SAID! I’M ABOUT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM WHEN YOU STOPPED ME HERE. WAIT FOR ME!

 

1 minute left, she checked the time.

 

B: I’L GO RIGHT NOW!

 

Byul left the area but Whee was still following her. She was just behind the bathroom. When, she heard some wolfish sounds, she knows it comes from the bathroom Byul was in.

 

B: ARGHHHH, *grunts and shouts in pain*, AHHHHHH, HELLPPPP MMMEEEEEE!!!!

 

W: BYUL-AH! ARE YOU OKAY?

 

B: I’M O— I’M NOT FINE, LEAVE ME ALONE, NOW!

 

W: WHY?

 

B: JUST—

 

Byul was shouting in pain one more time until she was a Werewolf. Whee panicked that Byul might be making the wolfish sounds now.

 

W: BYUL, YOU’RE NOT KIDDING RIGHT—

 

The bathroom door opened a bit and Wheein knew that Byul was the only one in the bathroom. She got into the bathroom, saw Byul transforming into a wolf. When she heard Werewolf sounds, she panicked.

 

But she saw the Werewolf, it had Byul’s clothes on it, it was ripped apart, she knew that Byul was a Werewolf, she couldn’t believe that Byul didn’t tell her this.

 

WB: RAWRRRR, AHHHHHH—

 

W: This is not real...

 

Werewolf Byul saw Wheein and Byul, as a Werewolf, would go bite Wheein but she bit herself instead, she felt the pain but she had no choice.

 

The weird thing is that Werewolf Byul would make sounds but also speak like humans do.

 

WB: AWOOOOOOOOO, WHEE, GET AWAY FROM ME— RAWR—

 

Whee escaped while in fear and she cried loudly once she got into her car and got home. While at home, Whee would spend the rest of the night crying in bed, barely moving, not eating since lunch.

 

She didn’t think of this. This was unexpected, it was, like a real fantasy. Something real but fictional at the same time. She must talk to Byul tomorrow once Byul stops being a Werewolf.

 

Werewolf Byul would be in public scaring people and threatening to eat them. A few hours later, right before January 28,1994 at 12AM, she was already captured by professionals and would release her once she becomes normal.

 

At morning, Whee woke up, and told Yong what happened yesterday. Yong couldn’t believe it. That’s why she was missing every full moon. 

 

After that, she researched about Werewolves but saw a news that a Werewolf was captured the night before midnight. She knew it was Byul. She was worried that she might go elsewhere after she was released.

 

Right when she was about to go find Byul, since she was ready to do so, the doorbell of their house rang and it was—

 

Byul, in ripped clothes, looking all beaten up, had a wolfish body, appeared in front of her girlfriend.

 

W: Wtf Byul! You didn’t tell me you were a Werewolf! That’s why you were hurrying up to the bathroom, I saw everything yesterday!

 

B: I’m sorry. I couldn’t control myself, I was worried, frustrated, sad, angry, emotional, and sorry yesterday. I was panicking. If I told you earlier that I was a Werewolf, I thought, you would miss me, abandon me, or anything else.

 

W: I’m sorry, I was too pressuring to you. Didn’t know that you would feel like that either. I’m, so tired of this. I don’t want to leave you alone, but now I know I’m in love with a Werewolf, I shouldn’t stick to them everytime.

 

W: You need your own space from now on, now I know, every full moon, you’ll be a wolf.

 

B: I’ll have to go inside now, I’ll have to dress up, I look beaten up, ripped off, and, full of . Thanks for letting me in.

 

W: No worries...

 

After some arguments and some confusing talks, they finally understood each other but it still wasn't a happy ending. What would Yong feel if she had seen Byul as a Werewolf? That's another story in another universe.