Do we look alike?

The lookalike couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all, and happy Seulrene day. This is really something I wanted to do for the longest time, since there are tons of moments of Seulrene looking alike, where even sometimes I go, Seulgi? Irene? Seulrene? Lol. But seriously it’s a couple-looking alike au where they often get mistaken for one another, so should be fun, yes? Please enjoy

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, j33200, shinneay, dmac20, Chan_94, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Revelsone, madam_mac, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Lelouch99, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, tinybean, kaikaitheartist, argonots, RedPaint, Maraga, Kasey_1432, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, Zeliex, Bjhksgsswpsykry, coolspeed, anijit, chomisus, Val-Sauce_99, cupcaketree123, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93, RG_Blink, Tekiii, LOCOppl, and AliyaViktoria. Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)

 



 

The saying goes that couples who have been together a long time start to look similar in appearance, a saying that one such couple Kang Seulgi and her girlfriend Bae Joohyun of many years are starting to wonder if it applies to them. To the two women, they don’t necessarily think they look alike. Seulgi, herself thinks of Joohyun as one of the most gorgeous and stunning women she has ever seen, a woman with soft and delicate features. She can still remember the goddess of a woman walking past her one morning, with her long dark hair pulled back into a neat ponytail that showed pale skin. Seulgi nearly lost it at the sight of those exposed collarbones, but that wasn’t all. It was truly, all of the woman’s face that took Seulgi by surprise, how could someone be so pretty, Seulgi didn’t understand it.

 

Even to this day, Kang Seulgi didn’t understand it, and she was together with Joohyun for more than six years now. Having committed to one another in a very serious relationship. A serious relationship that consisted of living together in the same apartment, after the whole sleeping over one another’s places grew too much, and both decided it was best to simply move in, because they were practically living together as it was. It was funny to Seulgi, Joohyun’s words to her before they decided to move in together.

 

“Well, you already stay here most days out of the week as it is, Seul. We might as well make things apartment official.”

 

That’s exactly what they did, make it apartment official between them. So, Kang Seulgi lives with what she feels is the most beautiful woman in the world, gets to wake up next to the goddess of a woman every day, and feels incredibly lucky to do so. Seulgi in no way thinks she and Joohyun resemble one another, not in her opinion. Seulgi may think this, that doesn’t mean other people share that same thought, however. 

 

“Hey, Bae, I need…” one of their coworkers called out to her and stopped when Seulgi turned around. The man laughs nervously when he realizes that it is Seulgi and not Joohyun.

 

“I’m not Joohyun.” Seulgi says. 

 

“Ah, yes, I see, um...sorry, Kang.” he then proceeds to back away from her in an embarrassed way that looks sort of funny to Seulgi. The woman begins to wonder about something, do people really think she and Joohyun look that much alike? This isn’t even the first time Seulgi has been called Joohyun, and the weirdest thing is she is slightly taller than her girlfriend, has monolid eyes, and more of a tanned complexion compared to Joohyun. If that isn’t enough Seulgi has brown hair while Joohyun has a darker color hair tone at the moment. 

 

“Do people really think Hyunnie and I look alike?”

 

Seulgi knows she won’t see Joohyun for a while yet, they usually try and meet up during their lunch breaks, or sometimes they’ll be lucky and catch each other around the office. Until then, Seulgi really should be getting back to work, however she kind of can’t help to send Joohyun a text. The monolid woman pulls out her phone that has an orange phone case, that also happens to be a direct match with Joohyun’s purple case to send her a text.

 

“Hyunnie, do you think we look alike?”



 

Bae Joohyun is currently unable to answer her phone as she has just finished wrapping up a group meeting in one of the conference rooms, and is heading out the door to her office. The raven pushes up her glasses, cheeks puffed up with a look of determination, as she carries not only a box full of the supplies from the meeting in one hand, but her briefcase on top of said box, and is not going to let anything fall, so help her. By sheer determination she gets everything safely to her office without any problem and just as she is about to leave again to refill her thermos of water someone calls out to her.

 

“Ms. Kang, Ms. Kang, we could use your help with the advertising….oh…” The coworker chuckles. “I’m so sorry, Ms. Bae.”

 

“You thought I was Seulgi again?” Joohyun asks in a tone that is half-joking and half-disbelief. Joohyun and Seulgi have been working in this company together for nearly the entire time they have been an item, and it seems the longer they are together the more she and Seulgi seem to get mistaken for one another. At first, it never happened. She was simply Bae Joohyun, but then she became Bae Joohyun, Seulgi’s girlfriend, and somehow that turned into Kang Seulgi? Sometimes it’s funny, nowadays it’s a little concerning.

 

“I’m sorry, Ms. Bae. You and Ms. Kang sort of favor one another, you know what they say about couples, right?” She bows in apology and heads off in the opposite direction. Sure, Joohyun knows all about the saying, how couples tend to resemble one another. In Joohyun’s opinion, her girlfriend is beautiful and handsome both at the same time. Seulgi has the sort of look that is head-turning. Joohyun remembers feeling flustered the very first time she caught sight of those bright and sharp monolid eyes looking at her, only to find out Seulgi wasn’t really as intense as she looked, more so like a gentle teddy bear of a woman. 

 

“If I were to be reborn again, I’d want your face.” Joohyun told her girlfriend so many times that she had lost count. Funnily enough, Seulgi had told her the very same thing, that she would want her face. Joohyun stands by what she told Seulgi and that is she would want her girl’s face in another life, and so she doesn’t quite understand where everyone keeps saying she and Seulgi look alike. As she heads back to her office to where she can finally check her phone there’s a text from Seulgi, and it’s not one of her usual random and sweet messages that will be sent to her daily while they’re apart during the work day. The message is something else entirely and has the raven wondering if one of their coworkers has gotten to Seulgi.

 

GirlfriendSeul: Hyunnie, do you think we look alike?

 

“Do we look alike?”

 

Great, now Joohyun is wondering the same thing. She and Seulgi should probably talk when they meet up for lunch later, as they always will have lunch together, just as they have since making their relationship official. Come to think of it, sometimes when she and Seulgi go out to lunch, or rather when Seulgi goes to pick up their lunch order Seulgi will come back telling her that she’s been mistaken for her, or the restaurant will hand Seulgi, Joohyun’s order automatically thinking she’s her. It’s a very weird thing sometimes. 

 

“I don’t know, baby. Do you think we look alike?” Joohyun texts back in a teasing manner. The bespectacled woman laughs to herself a little, since she can imagine the cute pout on her girlfriend’s face. Joohyun will no doubt hear about it later when they meet for lunch. Joohyun has always had so much fun teasing her girlfriend, Seulgi is simply the most adorable human being she has ever met, which makes it easy to , but she is also very sweet too, and good-natured to the point that the teasing doesn’t bother Seulgi. However, Joohyun also loves it when Seulgi teases her back, those are some of the more fun times. 

 

Truth be told, Bae Joohyun never imagined she would find someone so absolutely perfect for her in every way until, nor was she actively looking for someone, but Joohyun supposes that’s how those wonderful surprises work out. The best things tend to happen when you’re not even looking, and so she found Kang Seulgi, or Seulgi found her, no they found one another. It wasn’t necessarily love at first sight or anything, Joohyun doesn’t believe in such things. She did however find herself quite intrigued with the attractive woman who held open the door for her without even being prompted to do so. A y woman with manners, what was not to love about that?

 

“A y girlfriend who has manners that doesn’t really look like me.”
 

At least in Joohyun's opinion she doesn’t see how they look alike. Her girlfriend doesn’t look very much like her. Seulgi has a more tanned skin tone to her pale complexion. There is also the fact that Seulgi is noticeably taller than her, not by much, but it’s noticeable enough that Seulgi stands taller than her. 

 

“I mean, I also wear glasses sometimes,” the raven thinks to herself about another obvious fact. She wears glasses and Seulgi doesn’t, although ironically her monolid love should be wearing them, a fact the raven also loves to about. As Joohyun is running down the reasons why people shouldn’t get herself and Seulgi confused as much as they do, there is email reminders coming in that she has a meeting later on this week, one Joohyun almost forgot about because of other things going on at work. She responds that she will be there and gets back to her current work, but still thinks about being together with Seulgi soon. 

 

“Oh, we didn’t decide what we were doing for lunch today”

 

Joohyun sends a text to S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter