Artificial Love

Artificial Love

Lala could not sit still after she received a notification that her package was out for delivery today. She attempted watching her favorite TV series but couldn’t focus, she tried listening to songs but ended up skipping each one before it was half way through, she even tried to cook but she was out of ramen. Just as she was about to start vacuuming floors that were already clean she heard the sound of her doorbell. She was all out of breath as she ran to the door and yanked it open, hastily signing for her package as it was wheeled to the center of her lounge.

“Woww” she swooned as hearts covered her eyes. There he stood in his giant glittery box, just the way she had tailored him to be. Ice white hair, obsidian eyes, and a jaw so sharp it could cut glass. Her own version of Jack Frost.

Without much delay she attacked the wrapping, getting him out of his entrapment within seconds. Her botman came fully charged, all she had to do was call for him and he would be activated.

“Taeyong oppa” She called out excitedly as she reached for his hand. As part of her order at SM Robotics it was required that she register her fingerprints as well as the tone of her voice so that her model would be tailored specifically to her touch and voice.

Taeyong instantly came alive. Lala was amazed at the transformation. Before being activated he looked and felt like a giant Ken doll. However after activation everything changed. His skin looked alive and was warm to the touch, his chest gently moved up and down to match his breathing. He looked and felt like a real human being, his heart rate even sped up as she laid her hand on his chest.

“Jagiya?” Taeyong looked to Lala as his hand encased hers which was resting above his heart. Lala was instantly lost in the warm and loving gaze of his.

Lala had a really tough love life throughout the years. All of the men she had given her heart to had destroyed her trust, betrayed her feelings and left her heartbroken with the opinion that all men are trash. Lala had since sworn off men even though she still had a lot of love in her heart to share. This changed once SM Robotics launched their build-a-man product. She was skeptical at first but after seeing so many of these botmen walking around, she decided to give it a try.

The product could be purchased using one of two options:

  1. The readymade version – This option gives the client a range of preset models they could buy. These products come with built in personalities which could only be altered over a period of time by learning behavioral patterns.
  2. The second version allowed the client to be in full control of their botman or botwoman’s design. From the way the model looks, to their personality and behavioral traits.

Lala decided to go with option 2, she was determined to create her ideal boyfriend, the type of man she wished all her ex’s could have been. There was a disclaimer attached to this option, due to the client being heavily involved with the algorithms of their botman’s design, it could result in future defects with the product, SM Robotics took no responsibility for such things. Lala worked tirelessly in designing his look, his personality and his capabilities. She was very careful of the nature in which she was creating this botman. The end results was worth all that effort.

~~

Six months later.

Taeyong was perfect … too perfect. Every morning Lala was treated to an impeccable English breakfast served in bed by Taeyong who wore nothing but an apron. These morning routines always took extra-long because Lala would be too busy gawking at all that exposed skin despite knowing what was to come.

Once breakfast was over Lala would make her way to the bath with Taeyong trailing behind her, slowly undoing the knots of his apron. At first she used to worry about him short circuiting but soon found out he was completely waterproof. Their bath would always start off innocently by Taeyong washing her back, soon thereafter his hands would roam to cup her , massaging and tweaking her s until they were hard and erect, just as she would feel his length grow and pulse against her back. Once he was satisfied with her response one of his hands would roam down south to , circling her until she started to pant but he would always stop before she could . Next he would start preparing her.  She gasped at his sized every.single.time. They would do this until she came multiple times in different positions. Afterwards, she would get ready for work and depending on her choice of clothes and Taeyong’s mood he would either bend her over a desk and go for round 2 or leave her wanting more.

She always came home to a clean house and was treated to a three course dinner. A meal from a different country every day. They would have stimulating conversation about the world and her interests over dinner and sometimes even debate. However she noticed that he always let her win those debates. They would then watch some TV together or play a few games. Her bedtime routine changed depending on her moods, vanilla , wild , or just falling asleep in his arms. And then the day repeated.

She started to get annoyed with the repetitiveness of things, of not having a proper argument, of everything being so perfect. She started to realize that the beauty of life does not lie within our perfectly planned life but with the imperfections and the unknowns that life throws at us.

Lala found herself more often than not waking up to make her own breakfast, pushing Taeyong away until he got the message. Eventually they settled into something akin to roommates… sometimes roommates with benefits. Lala wanted to feel real love again and not the artificial kind she engineered even if that love could hurt her.

Weeks later Lala’s wish was granted. Doyoung was her company’s latest recruit. They would often bump into each other in the common kitchen area. Doyoung was dreamy and always immaculately dressed, Lala felt like he was out of her league, she settled for looking if she could not touch but then just as she noticed him, he noticed her and started a conversation. In that short space of time they connected like no other guy had previously achieved. Even though their conversations were only held at tea time, it soon evolved to spending breaks together and eventually he asked her out on a real date.

One date led to another and another, until they were officially a couple. Lala had told Taeyong all about Doyoung and how she’s so in love with him, Taeyong was a good friend to her, he lent his ear and helped her pick out outfits for her date. Taeyong even cooked supper for them when she eventually invited Doyoung over. Lala was thrilled, Taeyong had become the bff she didn’t know she needed and everything was going amazingly with Doyoung.

Doyoung and Lala‘s relationship further progressed, he now had a spare key to the apartment and draw full of his clothes, toothbrush and all. She had done the same at his place. Taeyong was then moved to the guest bedroom. By this time he felt discarded, like he was losing his girl. He would try to make conversation with Lala however he couldn’t hold her attention, Doyoung would call or she’d be too tired to chat with him.

Lala couldn’t see it but Taeyong became more and more aggressive, he would anger quickly, pick fights with Lala when she was too tired to chat, he became clingy and wanted to follow her everywhere. The thing she was blind to the most was that he hated when Doyoung would come over.

One particular night when Lala and Doyoung had taken things to the bedroom, Taeyong decided to interrupt.

“Mind if I join?” Taeyong looked at Lala, his eyes were alight with passion, eyeing her half body. Doyoung was disgusted by him and threw a cover over Lala as he got off the bed.

“I told you we should have deactivated him long back, he gives me the creeps” Doyoung said as he approached Taeyong, he attempted to reach the back of Taeyong’s neck to deactivate the bot however Taeyong caught his hand mid action. An eerie smile of pure malice crept upon his face.

“I was hoping you’d try to do this” Taeyong said, “You wish to harm me and my Lala, I am now cleared to dispose of you” He then threw Doyoung across the room with his inhumane strength.

“Taeyong what the hell!?” Lala screamed as she scurried to Doyoung’s side.

“This bastard has been trying to take you away from me. I won’t let that happen. You’re mine Lala. MINE!” Taeyong screamed as he pinned Doyoung down and began punching him. The sound of Doyoung’s screams and ribs cracking filled the air as his chest had started to flatten out and blood gushed from every orifice in his body.

Lala was shaken out of her horror once she saw the life drain out of Doyoung, she ran out the room and tried to pry open her front door but it refused to budge, she tried her combination code, it didn’t work.

“Jagiya, why do you run from me?” Taeyong asked as he came up behind Lala. The look upon his face was utter bafflement. “You know I’ll never hurt you”.

Before Taeyong could rest his blood soaked hands on her she bolted to the room to get her cellphone. She had the police as an emergency contact but every time she tried to call out the call was cut.

“Jagiya, you know I have access to every bit of technology in your life, the door locks, your cellphone. Why do you keep pushing me away with these decisions of yours? The police will only tear us apart. We can’t have that now, can we” he said as he sat next to her. He pushed a lock of her hair aside leaving a smattering of Doyoung’s blood on her face. “Let’s get cleaned up and then we’ll get rid of that ” he pulled her to the bathroom.

Whilst she watched him change into new clothes she tried to message her friends Hara and Tris hoping that the act would take up his concentration but even those messages weren’t going through.

“Jagiya… You don’t want to make me mad now, do you?” He asked as he rolled up his sleeves. He went over to Doyoung and lifted up his body effortlessly. He tossed him into the fireplace.

“N-n-no T-Taeyong Oppa” Lala stammered as the flames engulfed Doyoung’s body. She was trapped with a psycho and had no way to leave. A plan came to mind.

“Where are you going?”

“To the bathroom oppa” She tried to keep her breathing calm and her tone level. It seemed to have worked since he let her go. Once in the bathroom, she tried to escape from the window. She flushed the pan, and opened the tap, the noise would help with her escape. One thing she didn’t anticipate was the pot plant falling and breaking as she swung one leg over the window pane. Taeyong was in the bathroom in a flash pulling her down from the window.

Taeyong was so angry with her but he didnt her hurt so she had no choice but to play along as his girlfriend and placate him in hopes that she’ll find a way to escape in doing so.

She never did. Her absence from work lead to the company firing her. She became his prisoner, relying on him for necessities. He then moved them to a secure location whose only way out was through an access controlled door. Her perfect life continued. Her mornings began with an excellent English breakfast and her nights ended in his arms.

He lived happily ever after.

The end.