fin

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ughhh my head hurts." 

 

Graduating Med student, Minatozaki Sana muttered under her breath as she leaned on the library's shelf. 

 

"I guess I'm reading too much these days that it's causing me concussion." Sana closed her eyes and counted 1 to 5 before taking a deep breath.

 

It feels a lot more better now.

 

 

Sana grabbed the books she needed and was about to go out when her eye caught a baby blue pullover that hugged a petite figure's body carefully. Sana didn't know what kind of inhuman force drew her in but in a matter of seconds, she found herself sleekly sitting across the said person. 

 

 

The girl had eyeglasses on, her hair was blonde and she has the most adorable features Sana have seen in the entire world. Okay that was a bit exaggerating but still true. The girl still didn't somehow noticed her and Sana took that liberty to glance at the book she's reading.

 

 

Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs?!

 

 

Wow that's actually kind of cute. Wait, she's kinda cute. 

 

 

"Do you know that the word dinosaur means terrifying lizard. This name was invented by Sir Richard Owen in 1842." The girl suddenly blurts out without looking up from her book. 

 

 

Sana even had to check her surroundings if she's talking to someone but found none.

 

 

"The oldest known dinosaur is Eoraptor, a meat-eater that lived 228 million years ago." The girl continued but this time she took off her glasses and looked up to her.

 

 

Sana swore the girl before her had the most gorgeous monolid eyes she have ever seen in her entire life. Something about those eyes, it's so captivating. Her skin, goshdarn she was shining so bright. 

 

 

"I see you took a liking to my little buddy here." The girl spoke, patting her book in tiny. Oh if only Sana could squeal freely right now. 

 

 

"My name is Dahyun..and you are?"

 

 

Snap. Sana was oggling too much. Her brain is not functioning properly. Perhaps the beauty before her is the reason. 

 

"u-uh Hi!" In the end, Sana let out a high pitched greeting which made a few students look at her weirdly. She just raised her two fingers and smiled sheepishly. 

 

"Sorry, I'm uhh I'm Sana! Nice to meet you." Sana managed to finally say and shook her hand. 

 

"Sana, Sana. What a nice name!" Dahyun compliments, setting her book aside. 

 

Sana blushed at this, "Thankyou. I guess you're into Dinosaurs and stuff?" Sana asked, slowly regaining her balance. 

 

Dahyun hummed at this, "I took a great liking to this when someone special introduced them to me." 

 

Oh, Sana didn't know why she kinda feel down or sad at that. 

 

"But it's kinda in the past now so.." Dahyun added followed by a bashful laugh. 

 

"Cute." Sana covered as quickly as it came out from . 

 

Dahyun can't help but chuckle at this, "Nah, you're cute. I guess you're a med student then?" Dahyun asked, throwing back the question.

 

"Ehhh?? How'd you know that?" Sana asked, not that Sana's not popular to begin with.

 

"You're holding a medical book." Dahyun pointed out.

 

Sana's cheeks flushed at this. Gosh she's so embarassed of her self right now.

 

"Right. I'm sorry about that. It's just that I'm not concentrating enough in this conversation." Sana apologized and slapped both of her cheeks. 

 

"Sorry, did I bore you out?" 

 

"No, no it's not that. It's just.." Sana sighed and placed the books on the table.

 

"I'm undergoing stress lately." She confessed. 

 

"My friends are all graduating students and they're also busy with their own lives, me in the other hand is struggling to pass this semester because I don't want to repeat it again. Council activities are getting stressfull and I want to quit but at the same time I don't because I love doing it and…ahh I'm so sorry I dropped all of these on you." Sana didn't know where she pulled her courage to share something so personal to a stranger in the library reading books about Dinosaurs. 

 

"I see, don't worry! Being a listener is kind of my forte here." Dahyun chuckled. 

 

"Gee thanks, I really need that right now." Sana smiled and Dahyun mirrored it. 

 

"I think what you really need right now is a breathe of fresh air. Go out, your skin tells me you're not going out that much often. You should though, try to enjoy the trivial stuffs like kicking a pebble or whatever." Dahyun suggested. 

 

"Says someone who's skin is white as snow." Sana chortled, "What's your full name by the way? If you don't mind me asking." 

 

"Not at all! I'm Kim Dahyun, sophomore, a literature student." 

 

Dahyun's smiles formed into ovely crescents, crescent moons that Sana never thought she'd be obsessed for. 

 

"Sana, Minatozaki Sana. Med student. It's my pleasure to meet you….Dahyun-ssi."

 

 

 

After the incident in the library, Sana and Dahyun got a lot more closer to each other. Dahyun, always spitting trivias about Dinosaurs and Sana always there to get amazed by such things. The older girl found Dahyun's interests: cute, just like her, just like Dahyun. 

 

"Minatozaki-yah! The results for our Laboratory experiment will be given out later. Get it for the group, will ya?" Eunha said as she removed her laboratory gown and heads outside. 

 

"Will do!" 

 

Sure enough the results from the FastLab came and when Sana interpreted it, she was not so happy with the results. 

 

"Failed?! Again?" 

 

Sana drowned her face on her palms as she sighed out of frustration. They've been working on this experiment for more than a month now, they needed to get this done by next month or else their mortarboards are gonna have to wait for another year. 

 

"Jen! Take over please." Sana called and took off her white coat and stepped outside. 

 

She's stressed. So damn stressed. Her eyes caught a glimpse of a box of cigarettes hidden behind the railing. 

 

It's been so long, Sana thought. 

 

Sure the University refers to her as the Idol of their age. With her visuals, talent and leadership but there's always that one thing missing: brains. But what the world didn't know is that she's not that perfect, she smoke as a way of coping with her stress. 

 

She hasn't been recently though. 

 

Sana took a deep sigh and pulled the box, taking out a stick and a match from the same mini compartment. She lit up the matchstick and was about to fire the cigarette's end when a gush of wind blew it out. 

 

"Hey!—"

 

Sana turned around to see a smiling tofu with her glasses on. Sana immediately softened at the sight of her. Dahyun's just in her plain white v-neck knitted sweater along with her cute baby blue backpack with dinosaurs patches on its strap. 

 

"Dahyun-ah.." 

 

Instead of saying anything, Dahyun raised her hand and placed it over Sana's, pushing down the materials before shaking her head. 

 

"You know best not to do it." Dahyun smiled.

 

And Sana can't help but bite back a sob as she dropped the cigarettes and hugged the younger one, "Dahyunnie, I'm tired." 

 

Dahyun just rubbed her back and placed her chin on Sana's shoulder to comfort her, "There, there." 

 

"I swear I don't know what I'm doing wrong it's just…just so frustrating." Sana blurts out. 

 

"Go back to square one then." Dahyun suggested and Sana pulled back at this, looking at her. 

 

"Square one?"

 

"Yeah, take a moment to relax and think about a few things." Dahyun shrugged. 

 

Sana just chuckled at Dahyun's genuine and pure innocence before shuffling her hair, "Easier said than done kiddo."

 

"Eesh! I just did my hair unnie." Dahyun pouts and Sana just laughed at this, wiping away a tear. The students passing by might of have thought she's crazy by the way she's acting right now. One minute she was bawling her eyes out the next moment she's already laughing. 

 

"Thanks Dahyun-ah." Sana sincerely said.

 

Dahyun just gave her the cutest salute and said, "No problem, maam!"

 

 

Days passed and Sana was still trying her best to figure out what's missing in their experiment. She was about to give everything up when she heard a familiar voice entered the laboratory room.

 

"Sana-unnieeeee." 

 

Sana jerked her head towards the voice and her face instantly lit up, "Dahyunnie! What are you doing here?"

 

"Wow I didn't know visiting a friend can be very shocking." Dahyun chuckled. 

 

Sana slapped her arm at this, "Pabo, this is a laboratory you can't just waltz in you know."

 

 

"Duh I know, that's why I signed the log book or whatever. Every guest signs one don't they?" 

 

"Well I guess you're right about that one." 

 

Sana sighed and looked back at her work, "I don't know why but I feel like whatever I do these days are failures."

 

"Hey, don't think like that. We all have bad days but know that the following days are going to be different so cheer up. Put your coat down, I'm treating you lunch." 

 

Sana's eyes lit up at this, "Really?! I've been craving for some takoyakis but I don't know if…"

 

"Ujangsan Station then."

 

"But that's too far!" Sana whined.

 

"Thus the car." Dahyun smugly said, wiggling Sana's car keys infront of her. 

 

Sana found herself smiling at the girl's antics and grabbed the keys from her hand. 

 

Ever since then, Dahyun has been visiting Sana in the lab often. Making the older question if Dahyun still goes to her classes but as they spend more time together, Sana dropped the subject, just being thankful Dahyun was there to save herself from exploding due to stress. 

 

Currently, Sana and Dahyun is in Sana's dorm, eating ice cream while watching dino cartoons. 

 

"All my friends are out for a fieldtrip while I wasn't allowed to go because of the delayed project." Sana muttered almst lifelessly as she scooped her ice cream.

 

"Aaahhh so that's why you're sad." Dahyun mumbled. The younger girl is wearing her pastel blue hoodie, back leaning against Sana's couch, eyes glued unto the television.

 

Sana switched her position and placed her arm on the couch propping her cheeks on her palm, resting it there as she stares at Dahyun adoringly.

 

"How can you be so cute just by sitting down." Sana blurts out.

 

Dahyun choked at this, "Don't attack me like that!" 

 

Sana giggled and gently pulled Dahyun's arm and clinged unto it as if her life depended on it.

 

"You know, I'm really glad I met you." Sana muttered against Dahyun's scent.

 

"I don't know what to do if it weren't for your support out there. The project is really me bringing me down as a whole and to think I even quit the SC for this." Although Sana wasn't crying, Dahyun can feel the tired tone and sadness in Sana's voice and so Dahyun turned the screen off and jumped up. 

 

"Let's go."

 

"Dahyunnie? Where are we going?"

 

"Lockng yourself up in here with me ain't gonna do you good. I know a place far from here that can surely refresh our minds." Dahyun said. 

 

Sana trusted her, of course she does. They took Sana's car as per usual and Dahyun was just giving out directions until they reached an abandoned park just above the city proper, where they can clearly see the buildings and landscapes in broad day light.

 

"W-woah, Dahyunnie how did you find this place?" Sana uttered as the cold, fresh air kissed her skin. 

 

"Dunno, I just knew it. Did you liked it? Here, no one can hear you and you can yell all your frustrations here." Dahyun smiled as she pulled her hoodie closer. 

 

"Like it? I love this!" Sana exclaimed and spinned around to savor the peaceful feeling creeping up to her. 

 

Dahyun walked closer to her and suddenly hugged her. Everything felt so perfect, the view, the sun, the wind, and the person. Dahyun is the epitome of home, she wasn't just some stranger Sana met in the library. She was Sana's home, waiting for her to return to. Right then and there, Sana knew the invisible arrow hit her big time.

 

Dahyun pulled away and gave her a flower, a flower that looked like a sunflower but not really, "You look beautiful." 

 

Sana would lie if she said she didn't felt her stomach flutter at how Dahyun's gaze pierced unto hers. 

 

"Thank you."

 

 

"I was talking to the flower." 

 

 

Dahyun laughed when Sana slapped her arm. The older one took the flower and examined it. 

 

"OH MY GOD!" Sana gasped.

 

"What is it?!" 

 

"Dahyun, where did you find this?" Sana asked, raising the flower delicately.

 

"Uhmm there." Dahyun points at a spot where she picked it up earlier. 

 

Sana was quick to suspect it and felt a huge surge of happiness flowing into her system.

 

"Kyaaaa!" 

 

Sana jumped unto Dahyun and hugged her tightly, repeatedly yelling, "Yes!"

 

"Ahh—aish—ow—he-heyy, what happened?" Dahyun confusedly asked.

 

"Dahyun, this! This is the herb we were looking for! It was hard to find it in the city that's why we kept looking for it in rural places but we had no luck!" Sana excitedly said.

 

Dahyun had no clue what the older one was blabbing as Sana introduced her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter