one.

cupid's trial.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Try again.”

 

Yewon's jaw clenched tightly hearing those words. Her arrows all landed either exactly in the middle or in the yellow circle. Wasn't that satisfactory enough? What was there for her to try again when her other archery mates were not doing any better?

 

“You want to get into the national team, don't you? You have to do better than this.”

 

Yewon scoffed internally, her grip on her bow tightened. Coach Yoon had been putting all the pressure on her since their top archer suddenly left the team a year ago due to unknown reasons. Why wouldn't he anyway? Everyone knew she was the closest to the top archer. They were always training together, constantly pointing out the mistakes each other made. They were a perfect match, others would say and some envied them for that.

 

“Just because Yerin had left the club, it doesn't mean you can slack off.”

 

Slack off? 

 

Yewon didn't mind Coach Yoon thinking she was just slacking off but to bring her up in the conversation, wasn't that a little too much? He out of all people should know she was the one most affected by the top archer's sudden disappearance.

 

“I'm sorry,” she muttered, her tone void of any emotions. “I'll do better.”

 

“Good. You wouldn't want to disappoint me or Yerin.”


 

╾╼


 

If only Yewon could shoot Coach Yoon right in the heart with an arrow, she would have done so a while ago just so she could get rid of the unreasonable man. She was starting to think that him being kind to her— making her stay in the club after Yerin's disappearance when she wanted to quit— was all an act. There were other promising archers in the making that could take over Yerin's position as top archer so why was he adamant to have her stay in the club? Was it because she was trained under Yerin's guidance? Even so, she was only human. Getting all 10s was impossible for her. Even Yerin wasn't able to get that when she was still with them. Why did he expect that from her when he can't do it himself? 

 

Heaving out a deep sigh, Yewon closed her eyes briefly, letting warm water cover her from head to toe. She much needed the shower after a long day of training.

 

“What's with the heavy sigh?”

 

For a moment, Yewon had forgotten that someone else was with her until she felt a pair of hands resting on her hips and a chaste kiss placed on her bare shoulder.

 

“You haven't told me about your day yet.”

 

Relishing the extra warmth that was given to her, Yewon smiled for the first time of the day. “It's the usual. Coach has been pushing me too hard and now my arms are sore. How was your day?”

 

“Does that mean I have to be the one to do all the work later?” There was a hint of playfulness in the other's voice that caused Yewon's cheeks to turn a deep shade of pink instantly. “Anyway, I skipped training today. I didn't have the mood since I don't have any upcoming competition in the next few weeks.”

 

“It's unlike the diligent Yuna to be skipping training twice in a week,” Yewon pointed out, a shaky breath escaped her lips as Yuna guided one of her hands down to her inner thigh.

 

“If I went for training today, I wouldn't get to see you.” Without needing to turn, Yewon knew Yuna had a pout on her lips. “You know how late my training usually ends.”

 

“I know.” 

 

Yewon was trying hard not to let a whimper leave her lips, not wanting to easily give in to Yuna's advances. However, it was getting harder for her to suppress the sounds when the latter remembered all her weak spots at the back of her mind.

 

“I want you tonight.”

 

Needless to say, Yewon eventually gave in to her desire.


 

╾╼


 

It was nine a.m. when Yewon finally woke up. Glancing over the other side of the bed, a quiet— seemingly disappointed— sigh left her lips upon noticing the empty spot. She should be used to it. Yuna never stayed. However, a small part of her was upset over the fact that once Yuna got what she wanted, she would leave. She really should be used to it but it hurt that the latter never said goodbye the least.

 

Sitting upright, Yewon winced slightly, her body feeling sore all over from training but mainly because of Yuna. Somehow, the latter was more aggressive than the other nights they spent together. Yewon didn't stop her though and let her do whatever she wanted to her. Something was off about last night and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter