Fall

FALL

Dabin is just a 22 years old girl with no experience in working except for being a cashier at a supermarket. But for some reason, the company trusted her to be incharge for the company's warehouse. It's a startup factory, a vehicle's battery factory, so everything still in a mess with only 60% of the contruction is finished. So you can frequently saw nail, woods, iron rods or any other things that use for construction everywhere. It quiet dangerous, but as long as you wear you safety shoes and always pay attention to where you heading to, you are good to go. Well that's what Dabin fail to do.

It's just another normal busy day. From the moment Dabin sit down on her chair, she will work nonstop. Imagine a 22 years old girl need to manage one company warehouse, she need to take care of the paperwork, the materials that being stored at there and even the people who is older that her. If you wondering is there no others people that help her? There is. But Dabin is just a girl that doesn't want to burdens others. She know that with the limit of man power in the warehouse, all the store keeper is already busy enough to full fill the needs of other departments that requested material from the warehouse. She need to let them work in a pleasant environment so that they will stay even though it's tiring. It's lunch time, a time where Dabin finally get to relaxed herself for a while. While she walking to the canteen with 2 others colleague, someone called her name. It's daeyeol, the leader of the forklift driver. Dabin turned her head. She keeps walking backwards while having a conversation with daeyeol. That went she failed to watch her steps and fall into a hole. Yup, there's a lot of hole at the hallway of the factory. The hole is not covered up yet because there's other things that they need to finish before that. 

Before Dabin fall, all she can hear is her 2 colleague calling her name and when she realised, she already in the hole. It's quite deep, around 2 meter, so her whole body is inside the hole. Dabin quite shocked and scared. It's lunch time, so there's a lot of people at the hallway at that time and quite a lot of people saw that incident. Daeyeol keep asking Dabin to get up and get out of the hole, but her whole body is hurt and she can really move her hand at that time because she hurt her hand and also for being too shocked. When she felt the pain, she didn't dare to move at all. So, she just stay at there at stared at the hole. People start to get worried, daeyeol quickly get in the hole and pulled Dabin outside of the hole. Dabin mind blank at the time. She didn't even remembered how she were pulled out but she remembered seeing an iron rod when she started down at the hole after getting out of there. She came back to her sense when her superior ask her to change her clothes and give Dabin the factory's uniform. Dabin's colleague keep asking the superior to just her go back home at the time, and her superior said "atleast let her change her wet clothes" . Yes, there's water in the hole, because that hole is supposed to be the water treatment channel. On her way to the toilet, there's a lot of people staring at her, and she saw Joochan, the first victim of the hole. She know that he will laughing at her. But for some reason, the moment Joochan laughing at her, Dabin laughed along. She remembered how she laughed so hard when Joochan falls. But Joochan didn't really fall "into" the hole because he stuck at the mouth of the hole. And he didn't get wet and also have smaller injured that Dabin. Dabin's hand and leg at both injured and they keep asking if her head is okay, because they saw Dabin's head hit the concrete hole before fully fall in it. She changed and drive back home. She have a hard time driving but thank God she arrived safely at home. Her superior let her rest for a few days, but well, Dabin can't just stay still at home thinking about the work that she not done yet. The next morning, while Dabin preparing to go to work again, yes , she decides to only rest for which can consider as one day,  (because she go to work the next afternoon) Bomin called her. He asked something about work, it's actually rare for Bomin to called, Dabin just answered it and when she about to hang up, Bomin asked if she took a day off today. Dabin explained about the incident yesterday and surprisingly Bomin didn't laugh at her and say that he already know about it. Dabin didn't understand why he bothered to ask if he already heard about it. Bomin also ask when Dabin will get back to work again and surprised when Dabin answered "this afternoon". 

Dabin arrived late that afternoon, but besides that, everything went normally. 

Dabin was getting ready to go home after the working hour, she stayed at the car a little longer because she saw a few people making U-turn for some reason. She didn't know what happened, and that's when she saw Joochan and Bomin. Joochan and Bomin have become friend since high school, they also get in the company at the same time. They're both 28 years old, sometimes they act the same way, which is playful , but sometimes Bomin act more matured that Joochan. Which make Dabin think that Bomin is someone who hard to guess. Just like when Bomin heard the news of Dabin fall in the hole, surprisingly Bomin didn't laugh while Joochan laugh out loud. They always came to work together and Joochan will be the one that drives. 

Dabin let her head out a bit and makes a signal that means "what happened?" to them. After making the U-turn, Joochan stop his car beside of Dabin car and have a smiley face. A face that looks like laughing at you. Dabin know that he always like that and didn't mean any harm but of course Dabin didn't backed up and ask fiercely "what? " Joochan just keep smiling like an idiot. Dabin ask what happened again and that's when Joochan said that we couldn't use that road and need to make a U-turn. Dabin just nodded her head showing that she understand. That's when, her heart flutter after so long, when Bomin suddenly said "don't fall into a hole again okay?". Dabin just smiled and didn't say anything.  She didn't expect Bomin will say something like that, and she can felt the sincerity in it. Bomin is just like Joochan who always jokes around 24 hours, so it really something new to heard something like that coming out from Bomin mouth. Bomin took a day off on the day when Dabin fall. She heard that Bomin go visit his girlfriend. Yes, Bomin already have a girlfriend. That's why Dabin realized that she shouldn't feel anything, it just a sentence. She also realized that she couldn't stop smiling at that time. Maybe little did she know that she already have a crush on Bomin but only realized it at that time. She quickly throw all the thought and drive back home.

Since that way, she change the way she see Bomin. She realized that how Bomin actually a caring colleague, she didn't dare to think more than that since he already have a girlfriend. There's times when Dabin having a hard time and can't help it to show on her face, Bomin will say something like this " What's wrong? Who messed with you this time? Tell me and I will punch him". Everytime he said something like this, Dabin can't help but smiled. But when she realized it, she quickly throw the thought off. "It's nothing, just like usual, people never listen to me and didn't follow the rules."  It's happens all the time. There's one moment when Bomin start to showed up at warehouse frequently to get all the materials that he requested. And Dabin started to get used with. She started to look forward for him to be at the warehouse.

There's time when she was emotionally unstable because it was the day of the month and also all the work load make her go crazy. She always have the thought to quit, but she didn't know what she can do if she quit. Bomin seems like having a bad day also that day and when Bomin called Dabin and asking where all the materials that he requested yesterday Dabin started to feel irritated. Bomin keep saying how he requested the materials yesterday and how he keep reminds me that they need it the next day in the morning. Dabin thought that she already ask the store keeper to send it tho him, but Bomin said there's the other one. That's went Dabin lost it. Dabin said that " the next time you want something make sure to request it on the day that you need not the day before, there's a lot of other departments that request materials and not just you. Do you think I have time to memorized your order? " And Dabin quickly hang up. She afraid that she will say something more and regret it later because she already started to regret it. She never thought she will say something like that towards Bomin, her crush. She regret it also think that maybe after this she should forget about her crush. 

After a while, Dabin go out of the warehouse to meet someone, when she on her way back, Bomin suddenly appeared from the side. Dabin pretends that she didn't saw him and keep walking. Bomin started to call her name repeatedly from behind, Dabin know that they still need to work together so she decide to answer him with "what?" Without turning her head. This is work, they still need to interact no matter what happens between them. Bomin asked "Are you that mad? I'm sorry." Dabin just nodded her head even though she not sure if Bomin saw it or not. Bomin continue "Why are you so mad today? Are you having your period?" Bomin said it while laughing for a little. He make it like nothing happens while Dabin makes a big deal of it. Dabin didn't say anything and turned her head and glared at Bomin. I mean, how can he guessed it correctly? . Bomin continue to apologize and that's when Dabin ask him to stop. Dabin keep walking to warehouse and Bomin go back to his department. 

Dabin really didn't know that things will turned out this way, she never thought that Bomin will apologized when he do nothing wrong. It's just her that fail to control her emotions and yet Bomin is the one that apologized.  Her heart flutter once again. 

Time flies and finally they found someone to take over the warehouse. Dabin actually just taking care of the warehouse until they hired the real supervisor. She didn't belong to there, she actually coming from the same department with Bomin. Dabin keep thinking how she need to start over again at different job post. Her superior did ask her to stay, but she had enough with some people from other departments that never follow her rules. She had enough fighting with other people. Some of them never took Dabin seriously because of her age and she is powerless. 

While she still pondering whether she should stay or leave, Bomin getting excited that Dabin going to joined his department later. Well, actually Dabin belong to that department since beginning but she just had to work at other departments for awhile. Bomin keep asking when she will join while Dabin keep denying. Bomin is excited because he think that finally there will be one person who could help him. The superior won't just keep looking at him when they need someone to translate and will look for Dabin too. Honestly, Dabin do feel a little excited to joined Bomin but she afraid that she need to learn things from the beginning again. It's stressing. 

But at the end, she just follow the flow, which is go back to where she belongs in the beginning.

Instead of Dabin helping Bomin, it's turned out that Bomin is the one that help Dabin. 

It's Mid Autumn Festival, they decide to celebrate it after work. Dabin were suddenly asked to work overtime to help with the translation since Bomin took a day off that day. Dabin informed the other that she will be late in the group chat. After awhile, Bomin called her. Bomin ask why she suddenly need to work overtime at the last minute, and Dabin jokingly blaming him for that. Bomin just laughed and said that the others still no yet arrived so it's okay to be late. Dabin suddenly remembered that Bomin once said that her girlfriend will joined them. She wondered if he will act "normally" infornt of his girlfriend. After finished her work, she go straight away to the restaurant that they promised to meet. Just like what Bomin said, the others still not arrived yet. Even sungyoon. So sungyoon is one of Dabin close friend from work. They started to get close because Dabin help him a lot with work while she in charge for the warehouse. He not really a shy person but he really hard to become close with someone. He also have a girlfriend and people called him "the most handsome guy" in this company. Although Dabin do agree with that, but Dabin never feel anything towards him, she really treat him as a friend and some goes to him. It's different between Sungyoon and Dabin compare to Dabin and Bomin. Dabin and Sungyoon topic usually about work and how they hate the same person. Yeah, that kind of friend. She never feel awkward around Sungyoon. 

So while waiting for them, Dabin talked with her other colleague, and sometimes stealing a glance at Bomin and his girlfriend. His girlfriend seems like a quite person, it's not that shy type quite but someone that just doesn't really talk that much. She joined their conversation sometimes too. After Sungyoon arrived, it seems like we're divided to 2 group, Dabin, Sungyoon and my other female colleague and the rest of them. There's 8 of us, and later Joochan and Donghyun will joined too for the second round which is Karaoke. Donghyun is also Joochan and Bomin friends since high school. But Donghyun joined this company later than them. Bomin still act like usual and didn't seems like want to impress his girlfriend or anything like some other people. One of them even say that she never thought that Bomin will have a girlfriend like that, because his girlfriend seems like a very soft spoken girl while Bomin give off a bad boy vibes. Bomin proudly say that although sometimes he like to say some dirty jokes, he is someone who will treat his girlfriend nicely. 

At the second round, Dabin decide to seat beside sungyoon which is the end of the sofa. while Bomin and his girlfriend sit the other end of the sofa. The sofa is a "C" so you can really see everyone face. Sungyoon keep choosing song cause the other suddenly act shyly. Sungyoon keep choosing a song from Jay Chow, a Chinese singer and asking others to choose too. Some of them including Dabin only choose 1 or 2 song while the rest is Sungyoon's song. Sungyoon keep skipping some of the song because he started to get bored. When it's Dabin turn she pretend that it's not her that choses that song but someone saw her and said that she will sing along to accompany her. After that, Dabin feel less awkward and choose one of her favourite song which also from Jay Chow "Waiting for you" . Because of Sungyoon keep choosing Jay Chow's song but didn't even choose that song, she decide to choose it herself. She don't want to think too much and just want to sing that song. 

Waiting for you -Jay Chow (credit to the owner of the translation)

I’ve rented a flat in the street where you live
So that we might meet by chance
In the third year of high school, why didn’t I study harder?
I couldn’t get in to the same university as you
I found a job that was near your dorm
When I started to learn how to make omelette, I found that you don’t eat breakfast
Oh, you passed me by again
Could you tell me what you’re listening to [on your earphones]?

# CHORUS
Lying in the playground at your school watching the stars
The lights were still on in the classroom [because] you were still there
Remember the love letter that I wrote to you?
What year is it now? Even now, I’m still writing it
Someday [some year] you’ll realise
There was someone at your side [in silence]
Perhaps I shouldn’t be in your world
When you’ve get my love letter, it’ll mean I’m gone far away

I was waiting in the square by the school for the bell to ring
Waiting for you to get out of class – “would you like to walk with me?”
Playing the piano, singing the song you love, having a crush didn’t hurt at all
What hurts is you didn’t even look at me
I’m singly so touchingly, but I can’t get into your heart
Through the bustling crowds I’m looking for you, protecting you [unconditionally]
Oh, you passed me by again
I sing [my song] ‘Love Confession’ [and] you finally turn around

# CHORUS

Whenever Dabin sing the part "remember the love letter that I wrote to you? " Bomin will scream and asked "who? Do you write for Jibeom? " Jibeom is a colleague that they like to tease with Dabin. It's because they always argue everytime they meet each other and will always have different opinions. It's been long time since people tease Dabin and him, she didn't expect Bomin to scream like that and mention him. Infront of his girlfriend. There's other part too where Bomin keep screaming his name. If his girlfriend is not here then Dabin definitely going to hit him. Dabin feel really embarrassed by trying to keep her cool and just glare at him. The others just keep laughing. What's so funny? Dabin like that just because she think that that song were written beautiflully, the lyrics is simple yet very deep. She feel contained after singing that song. Actually it's her first time to finish a song alone in a karaoke. Dabin actually a really shy girl, even when she go and sing with her closest friend, she can't seems to open , but she know the more she refuse to sing the more they will make her sing. That's why she choose just to sing it and pretend that it's not a big deal. She never thought that Bomin will react like that when others just listen to her singing. Bomin somehow makes the atmosphere less awkward but make Dabin more awkward.

Sometimes it's really hard to predict how Bomin will react in every situation. There's one time, Dabin mother passed away and she had to go back home right away. 

Since her mother is not local and have been request to be buried in her own hometown, Dabin had to go back to her hometown as fast as possible. Her mother have been suffering for the cancer for a few months. It started small but for some reason it suddenly spread so fast until it reach her liver. She doesn't know what to feel at that time.

She feel grateful that her mother doesn't need to suffered anymore and she won't feel any pain after this, but it's also mean that she lost her, forever. 

 

A few days passed, Dabin still at her mother hometown, which is other country. Dabin could only access to internet when she go to the city. That's when she saw Bomin's message. Like usually, he ask about work. And she replied it. But then, he started to ask how long Dabin going to stay there, Dabin herself also didn't have the answer, because it depends on when they will finished all the things that they need to done there. He didn't say anything else except for "take care". Once again, those words give off such a big meaning to her.

Dabin ended up stay there for 8 days. Her father didn't settled everything yet, but because Dabin and her siblings still need get back work, her father decide to comeback again in the future.

She get back to work like usual. She didn't told anyone except for her superior and her work partner. So Bomin didn't know. In the morning, there's already people who ask her to translate, so she had to go out from the office for awhile. When she came back, she saw that Bomin already seating at his place, which is beside her. And he act like nothing happens. Dabin quite disappointed because she thought that at least Bomin would say something like "ouh you came back?" Of maybe something like "I thought you already quit". Others people seems happy that Dabin came back and yet Bomin didn't say a work. And instead Dabin are the one who started the conversation "I thought you having a noon shift today" Dabin asked that because she didn't saw Bomin when she come to work but Bomin just casually answered "Nah, I'm work on morning shift for this week". Bomin didn't mention anything about Dabin coming back. 

After lunch time, Bomin suddenly started a conversation with Dabin "how do you feel right now? "  Dabin only answered "what do you mean?" Dabin know exactly what he want to know but pretend like she don't understand because she didn't have the answer. Bomin continued "I know that your mom passed away, but try to think in a positive way, at least she didn't hurt anymore" Bomin suddenly talked seriously and it took Dabin for a while before she said "since when you started to have such a deep conversation with me?". Yeah, Dabin doesn't want to face it. To face that, somehow Bomin actually care.  She try to change the topic and the topic just ends there. Two day passed and when there's only Dabin and other female colleague left, her colleague suddenly tell her something. She said that, that day when Dabin comeback, Bomin actually really excited. Dabin didn't understand, but then her colleague continue "remember that day, when u just arrived and they ask for your help to translate? You left your phone on your table, Bomin sit on his chair and suddenly your phone rings he ask whose phone is that and when he realised it's your phone and he have a big smile on his face and keep asking me where are you at that time ". Dabin were speechless at that time. Her colleague keep laughing remembering how excited Bomin at that time and saying how I missed that moment. He really hard to predict, when Dabin thought he didn't have any reaction, he actually have a big one but didn't show it. If her colleague didn't tell her, she won't know about this forever. 

A few month passed again, it was time for Dabin company annual dinner. Dabin having a hard time to choose the suitable outfit for that night. She thought that she need to buy a new clothes and thank God she found a clothes that suitable for that night. She tie her hair and only wear a little make up that day. She still don't know what how to wear make up, so she just wear the most basic one. She kinda satisfied with herself that night, because she managed to keep it simple yet not too boring. There's a lot of people that ask for a selfie with her that night, she throws off all the shyness and just enjoyed the night. After the dinner end, people start to leave the venue. Bomin being one of the community were busy taking photos with others community, while Dabin just stand at a side and chatting with Sungyoon. We didn't really talk that much beside than Sungyoon keep complaining how he didn't get any of the lucky draw that night. Sungyoon look really cool at the outside but when you get to know him, that's when you realized that he just another young man. Dabin keep stealing glance at the community, how she wish she could join and took a photo with Bomin, atleast she could keep it as a memories. Sungyoon decide to leave, and Dabin follow after that. Dabin go downstairs and look for her colleague that she come together that night, thank goodness they didn't forget her. Dabin actually forget that she didn't drive by herself that night. Some of them still busy taking photos while the other started look for the car and pay the parking fee. Dabin didn't have anything to do and decide to just wait at the main glass door. She just standing at there state blankly. Suddenly the community came down. They walk passed her and ask why she didn't go back yet. Dabin saw how Bomin stop for awhile and took some photos with the colleague that waiting with her at there. Dabin can't help but feel jealous because he only took photos with others and didn't even ask her to took the photo together. Bomin keep going and Dabin continue state blankly. Suddenly her senior came and ask about parking fee, Dabin not familiar with that place and failed to help her. That's when Dabin saw Bomin coming back and ask Bomin to help her senior. After her senior left, Dabin didn't noticed that Bomin already standing beside her and ready to take a selfie with her, when she turned her head around, Bomin's phone already ready and that's when Dabin understand it and smiled. They took the selfie just like that. Bomin left afterwards and proceed to took photos with other, Dabin couldn't help but to think that how Bomin took selfie with her but just a normal photos with others. And how he didn't say a word when taking photos. Since when he became shy?

Dabin realized that she shouldn't have a crush on someone who already have a girlfriend, and they also already been in a relationship for 7 years. They really seems matches each other. She hate herself for having a crush on someone boyfriend. She know karma exist and didn't want something like that happen to her in the future. She decided to resign, and fulfill her mother's last wish, which is continue her study. She had to do that because she know that that feeling won't go anywhere and that she don't want to become someone who stoles others boyfriend. We can't choose who we fall in love with, but it's our decision whether to end it or not. It tooks time, but we still need to face it. Maybe someday somewhere she will meet the right one, the one that only belong to her, and until then she keep all the memories carefully by herself.

-the end-