Little Red Fox

Little Red Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny couldn't help but add a little skip on her usual walk going home. She just got her salary so she decided to stock on some raw fish from the market she passed by. Her smile grew wider looking at her purchase. Thoughts filled with the images of a certain living thing awaiting for her in her apartment.

***

A green light accompanied by a beeping sound told Sunny that she punched the right code to her apartment. Opening, she was greeted by the usual silence she's been familiar with since moving five years ago. Everything is the same except for that red fox in her living room laying down on a makeshift bed beside her window. She's found the poor vixen shivering from the rain outside their complex and she did not have the heart to leave her alone and possibly get killed. Foxes are rare in South Korea and "rare" means a lot of money for poachers hence her worry. She knows she have to reach out to their local wildlife authorities so the vixen will be returned to her home but she wanted to make sure all is well before doing so. 

"Hyominnie, I'm home." She decided to greet the fox with the name she's given — Hyomin. 

The creature then gracefully opened her eyes and shifted her head to Sunny's direction, seemingly acknowledging her presence. The glow of the setting sun behind  the fox gave an ethereal effect that made the girl stop in her tracks. It took a loud thud from the frozen good she bought to pull her out of trance. Upon realizing what just happened, she lightly shook her head and gave a small smile to Hyomin. Picking up her item, she then proceeded on making dinner for the both of them. 

****

Making a dinner for two was something new to Sunny. She never thought how lonely it was preparing a meal for a single person until she got company two days ago. She let out a giggle at how silly that thought was. Her companion was a wild fox not a person but then again, she was still preparing for a meal for two. It did not take long for her to finish preparing the meal— a plate of raw fish cut into bite sized pieces for the fox and a bowl of kimchi fried rice plus fried fish of the same size. 

She had reached the living room and prepped herself in front of the table. Now sitting on the floor, she had put the fox's food beside her and called to the animal gently. She has been monitoring Hyomin's food intake taking notes if the fox can manage to eat more than she had since she came under Sunny's care.

That was then she noticed that it's raining. It will be a cold night. She was in a mood for a movie though as it was a Friday night but she have put the thought aside when she noticed Hyomin taking a piece and eating it. She proceeded on doing the same to her self prepared meal. 

Sunny could not be happier when she found Hyomin's plate empty. She had prepared plenty of fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter