The Beginning

As My Lord Commands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 years ago.

 

For over a century, demons and humankind were at peace with each other. They were able to mingle, dine, converse, all in relative peace. Thus, the Kingdom were merely divided into two representative – the North, where most of the humans reside; and the South, where most of the demons reside. The divide was not much of a deal, as there wasn’t any discrimination between the two different species.

The Demons were represented by the Kwon Family – which was said to be descendants from the Demon God. Jiyong, who was only but a child of six, was the youngest of two brothers. He and his family were currently en route towards the North.

The humankind also had their own representative headed by the Lee Family – which was said to have royal blood. Legend goes that the family was blessed by the Human God to rule over the mankind. As with the Kwon Family, their lineage was well-protected and respected.

It was customary for each of the family to travel towards the other hemisphere had the other family conceive a child. Thus, the Kwon family was traveling towards the North to celebrate the first born of the Lee Family.

 

When they arrived, they were greeted with outmost respect and given autonomous authority over the land. They weren’t provided with , as there was no genuine threat of war between the two different classes.

The celebration began and different dishes were served for the guests. Everyone was happy and content, mingling and talking amongst each other. Jiyong, as a child of his age, was quick to become bored of the politics and decided to roam the castle on his own. He looked among the other demon maids of the castle blending with the human maids and he can’t help but frown at their heads – were a strong and sturdy horn prevails, signaling that they had reached their full demon form.

Lower demons have small horns, while Kwon’s were said to have the strongest and sharpest of them all. Horns were a representation of how much power a demon held, so it was only natural for the Kwons to acquire the longest and sturdiest.

“What’s wrong, little Prince?” one of the demon servant maid had taken notice of the longing look that Jiyong kept sending over the top of their heads. It was cute, so she didn’t mind it, in fact, none of the others really minded it.

Jiyong frowned. He pointed at the top of her head, “I want one too!” he said, his cute, small voice, filled with whining.

The servant giggled. She gently patted his head, “Soon, you’ll have one too.”

“Will it be big?” Jiyong had started noticing that his brother already had his. And they seemed to grow bigger each time he looked at it. Jiyong, being a demon and a Kwon, was cursed with his own competitive nature. He wants his to be bigger than his brother!

The servant hummed. “Yes, yes,” she pointed at the top of her head where two little ones have grown, “it will definitely be bigger than mine.” She smiled to reassure him.

“Biggest!” Jiyong said, jumping up and down.

The servant laughed. “Yes, the biggest!”

Suddenly, a loud baby wail echoed on the corridor. With demons having enhanced senses, both of them flinched. Jiyong quickly putting both hands over his ears.

“Oh Lord! I forgot!” the servant exclaimed. “The Queen requires my assistance!” She quickly turned and ran towards the other end of the hallway, leaving behind Jiyong.

“Brother!” Jiyong turned and was ushered towards the Main Hall.

It was time to meet the Lee’s first born.

 

The Last Demon Will Set This Kingdom Ablaze

His Breathe Will Bring Death

His Shadow Will Bring Hunger

And Once His Horns Reaches The Skies

It Shall Be The End of Humankind

 

Present.

 

“Stop scaring the children, Jiyong!”

Jiyong flinched when he heard the voice. The children who were once pledged their loyalty to him – that none of them would snitch – snickered. Some of which even began to laugh. Jiyong playfully glared them, but they all knew that it didn’t hold any threat.

He turned towards the voice and saw Seungri. “I—I was just retelling some old stories,” he tried to explain.

Seungri huffed before crossing his arms. “That same story? You know that’s just a lie.”

One of the kids in front stood up to defend his reality, “It’s the truth! The demons weren’t wrong! They didn’t know!”

Seungri rolled his eyes. “They made up the prophecy to justify their war. It’s all political nonsense.”

Jiyong shrugged and ruffled the boy’s head. “Now, now let’s not get the witch mad,” he smirked. The children laughed at his joke.

Seungri wasn’t laughing though, and even with all his Knighthood training, Jiyong still trembled when he felt pressure on his left ear. Seungri twisted the ear, and leaned to whisper, “What witch?”

Jiyong felt tears forming at his eyes. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

The children laughed and pointed fingers at Jiyong, “The Coward Knight!” then at Seungri, “and the witch!”

Seungri sent them all a threatening glare. It silenced them. “Come again?”

All of the children bowed. “We’re sorry!” Before running off.

Seungri huffed but didn’t let go yet of Jiyong’s ears. “And you! What have I been telling you about telling stories?”

Jiyong flinched when Seungri twisted the ear tighter, “Ack! Careful please! I need that to hear!”

Seungri rolled his eyes but let go, nevertheless. Jiyong immediately rubbed his reddening ear. “Do you honestly still believe that the prophecy is a lie?”

Seungri paused for a second. He sighed, before plumping down to sit beside Jiyong. Jiyong, without thinking, moved to his left to accommodate him, “it’s just…you know what they took away from me right?” His eyes glazed with barely contained tears as he recounted the nightmares that he suffered ever since he was told of the truth.

They – “The demons?” Jiyong placed his arm over Seungri’s shoulders, patting him, comforting him.

Seungri flinched. He rested his head on his hands, suddenly feeling burdened. “It somewhat justified it. You know. Yes, I may sound – evil, for suggesting it. But goddamnit, they deserved to be hunted down like wild dogs. And the damn prophecy is painting all of it as if they were victims!”

Jiyong remained silent. Seungri soft sobs felt l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter