My Blood

My Blood

You came home crying from school today

 

"Oh, Jaehyun! You're home?" The man who sat down on the sofa stood up and approach the door, welcoming the little boy whom took out his shoes. 

 

"Hmm.." He straightened his self before hug the man on the waist.

 

"I'm sorry buddy, the meeting went a little longer so I just sent Mr. Han to pick you up." The man pull the little boy head to look up, and the little boy immediately pull away. The man frowned. 

 

Walked past me trying to hide the tears there on your face

 

"It's not because of you,  dad.. I'm okay." The 8 years old boy whispered and take a hold on his daddy arm that held his face and shrugged it off. "I'll just wash my body first."

 

"Oh,okay.." The adult step aside and make a way for the boy to get inside their living room. "You want me to make a hot chocolate?" 

 

"Thanks dad, but no. I'll be down for dinner." The boy walked away to his room on the second floor. 

 

The man heave a long sigh before stride to the kitchen. He took a brown mug that written "Little King" on it and makes a hot chocolate.

 

"You need something, master? " His maid asked. 

 

"It's okay,  Anna.. It's just Jaehyun got a little trouble with his self." The man chuckled. "I just make him a hot chocolate."

 

"Let me do that, master."

 

"No,it's okay.. Thank you though." The man smile to his maid and continue to make Jaehyun chocolate. Once he finished, he headed to the little boys' room. 

 

The man knocked on the room twice and open the door.  There, he saw the little boy sitting on the floor with his knees close to his chest. Jaehyun is crying. 

 

It's hard for me to explain

 

The man approached Jaehyun carefully, sitting by his side and nudged him with the warm mug. Jaehyun peeked from his folded arms and immediately hug the man. 

 

"They mocked me again, dad. They say that I've been cursed since mom left us."

 

How humans find the pleasure of causing people pain.

 

The man let out a deep sigh again. He held the little boy with his right arm while her left one still holding the mug. 

 

"Of course, that's not true." He carress Jaehyun's black hair. "You've been blessed by having your mom. She's an angel, I told you before, right?" The man kiss his boy on the head. "She's always watching you. She's just been busy. "

 

"But I want to see her, dad." The boy nuzzle deeper to his dad. "I've been missing her. So much."

 

But sometimes there's more to the story

 

The man held his tears. He is missing her wife too, so much but he can't do anything about it. "Alright. How about We're going to see her this weekend?" 

 

"No, dad." The boy pulled away and look straightly to his father. "I want to see her tonight."

 

The father smile warmly. Nothing can stop him if he wants something. "Alright. We're going after having our dinner. And first, drink this." The man offered the brown mug again. 

 

"Hmm.. " The boy took a sip from the mug. He smile to his dad. "Take a sip, dad.."

 

" Yeah. " The man took a sip while his son held the mug for him. After he took a sip, he smile brightly and ruffled his son's hair. "Do You feel okay now?" 

 

"A little.." The boy smiles and take a big gulp for his hot chocolatte. 

 

"Hey, slowly! " The man pulled away the mug quickly. "You'll burn your mouth!" 

 

"No, dad!" The little boy chuckled. "You make it warm, and tasty."  He took the mug from his father grasp and make it empty in a seconds then he give it back to his father. "I'll take the shower now."

 

"Okay. I'll wait you downstairs." The man stood up and ruffled his son's hair. "Me and your mom love you, Jaehyun." He kissed his head tenderly. 

 

"I love both of you too, dad." The little boy give a bear hug to his father waist. 

 

And we don't know what's going on in

 

The father and his son are in front of a locker. Jaehyun, never once let go of her father hand. He smiled brightly to his dad before put a bucket of pink flowers on the small pillar beside the locker. 

 

"Mom, look!" Jaehyun talk with entusiasm. "I made a drawing for you today. I'm sorry, I came back too frequent, it's just I'm missing you, so soooo much." Jaehyun chuckled and nudged his father hand that he's been holding on to. "Come on dad, you must say something before mommy scolds me." Jaehyun pouted. 

 

That home, behind closed doors

 

"That's your little king, Tiffany." The man chuckled and stepping closer to the locker. "I can't stop him to seeing you because he's just crying again today." 

 

"Daaaaaddd! Why are you telling her that I've cried!"

 

"Why not?"

 

"That's not cool!"

 

"Huh? Who said?"

 

"Grannys!  Uncles and Aunties too!"

 

"I don't think so.. I think it's okay to crying over someone you love, right?" 

 

"That's because you cry a lot too!"

 

The man laugh at his son words. That's true, he had cried a lot for his one and only love. He doesn't feel ashamed to show his tears because everyone know how deep his love for his wife, Jaehyun's mother, Tiffany. 

 

Maybe there is something wrong

 

The man caress his son's head after he stop laughing. Once again he felt the tears already gathered on his eyes. "So, Tiffany... " 

 

"The one and only love of Jesse Jung." 

 

"Huh?" The man look down on his son. "Who is teaching you like that?" 

 

Jaehyun shrugged. "You always said that, everytime we're here or when you talk to your self in front of the mirror." 

 

"You've been watching me?"

 

"Sure, I am, the cute little gift that Tiffany gave for you."

 

"And from whom is that?" Jesse held his laughter because his son is very cute like now. 

 

"Auntie Sunny."

 

"Right." Jesse put his hand on top of Jaehyun head.  "So, can I proceed to tell your lovely mom,  as my one and only lover in this world, about your crying episode earlier?" Jesse said while crouching down so he can be an eyes level with his son. 

 

"Yes, please." Jaehyun noded his head repeatedly before sat down on the floor and his dad followed the same. 

 

So be brave, my little one

 

"I think,  basically Jaehyun wants me to ask you, if you allow me to married again, because he needs a mom that can be present physically!" Jesse, being a playful dad, whipped his head to the widen eyes Jaehyun. He look at him seriously. "Right, little king?" 

 

"No, Mom!" Jaehyun raised his voice and place his tiny hands over Jesse mouth.  "I'm not saying that!" Jaehyun frantically look at his dad. 

 

"He doesn't want you anymore since you're so busy with God in heaven." Jesse pulled Jaehyun hands and said quickly before Jaehyun covered his mouth again. 

 

"Stop, dad. You're lying!" 

 

"No, mom, I swear!" Jaehyun look at his mother with her widen eyes. "God must be telling you that I've been praying more for you to come to my dreams like usual but I know, just like daddy said that you've been busy so, I swear, I'll understand you!" 

 

Jesse just let his son talking more while busy keeping his tears to not coming down. Jaehyun uncovered his mouth and immediately sat on Jesse crossed leg. He face his mother with his pleaded eyes and his hands joined each other. 

 

know you can be strong

 

"Please mom, don't misunderstood what daddy's been said. I cried today, yes. I missed you, yes. But I want a mom here with me physically, that's not true. I know an angel like you can't freely go here and there like me and dad without being given a task from God, and I don't want you to be burdened by the task, so yeah.. I'll not cry over this anymore."

 

Jaehyun wiped his tears that already down from his eyes with his back of hand. 

 

'Cause you are just like your mom

 

Jesse already shed his tears too and he definitely wrapped his son into the arms. He clasped their hands together and whispered to Jaehyun. 

 

"Mom will be happy to see you this understanding. Let's be strong, little king. "

 

Jaehyun can only nod his head before turn around to cry more in Jesse embrace. Jesse held the little boy tightly while look to the photo on the locker. 

 

"See? He's just like you. Having a hobby to cry in my arms." Jesse look to the beautiful woman on the photo with his tears on his cheek. He quickly wiped it because Jaehyun pulled away. 

 

"C'mon dad! I cried enough. " Jaehyun wiped his tears and cleared before pulled his father to stood up and then facing the smiling photo of Tiffany again. "Mom, I swear.." He raised his hand, making a gesture of swearing. "I will hit daddy on his chest if he talking about re-married again."

 

"Who is that telling you about your mom always hit me on my chest?" 

 

"Aunty Sunny.." Jaehyun still look to his mother. "We'll live kindly, mom. I love you so much." Jaehyun tugged his dad hand that he's holding on. "And daddy loves you too. Right dad?" 

 

"Yeah.." Jesse crouched down again and put his self in front of Jaehyun. Jaehyun immediately launch his self on his father back.  "We're going home first. I love both of you." He stepped closer to the locker and put his hand on the photo. "Take care." He kissed the photo and slightly turn his body to the left, let Jaehyun to kiss the photo too. 

 

They bid goodbye to the deceased mother. It's been tough without her even just a day. Tiffany had left them for nearly one year, but they still act like she's there with them. 

 

Say my name

 

"Jesse Juuuuunggggg!!!! "

 

When you're hurting, darling

 

"Hold on little buddy, it almost done."

 

I'll take the demons away

 

"But daaaadddd...I think uncle not using stitches for me! It's really hurt!"  Jaehyun whined and try to pull his left arm that being treat by the doctor. 

 

"Doctor!" Jesse hit the doctor on his head. "USE MANY STICHES FOR HIM!" 

 

The doctor widen his eyes and held his head a moment before glare to the panicked father. "Damn it,  Jesse! IT'S JUST A SMALL WOUND! IT JUST NEED TO BE CLEANED AND HAD A LITTLE IODINE, YOU MORON!" 

 

"You, little brat! How can you say a moron to your older brother, Krys Jung!"

 

"That's because of you act like a moron!"

 

"Shut up! Do your nephew's wound with care!  Don't hurt him!"

 

Jaehyun giggled at his father and uncle antics. "Dad, I'm just kidding. That's not hurt, really."

 

"I'm not buying it." Jesse glared to his boy. "I told you to not use the skateboard alone, now look.." Jesse take a look on the scratch that being treated again. 

 

"C'mon daaaaaddd! I'm not that weak!" Jaehyun whined again and Jesse had to knocked him on the head. 

 

"Alright, rock head." He laugh. 

 

But you know there will come a day

 

"I heard you slipped from the skateboard again?"

 

"Yeah, two times but I'm okay dad!"

 

When I won't be there, but

 

"Don't lie to me buddy."

 

"I'm serious. Just ask Aunty Sunny! She's here with me now."

 

"You must be telling her to sugarcoat it."

 

I know that you'll be okay

 

"Oh my God, Jesse! He's ing sixteen! Don't you sound too worry about nothing?" Sunny yelled through the phone that been shoved to her by Jaehyun. Jaehyun laugh loudly seeing her father get scolded by his mom's bestfriend. 

 

"Sorry then!" Jesse yelled back. "I don't think he's growing this fast." Jesse mumbled on the phone and Sunny just look at Jaehyun motherly. 

 

"Yeah, I think that too. He's growing fast and really took after you." Sunny said proudly while caressing Jaehyun's head. 

 

"No! I took after mom!"

 

"Fine! You momma's kid." Jesse hang up the phone.

 

'Cause you are my blood

 

Jesse chuckled to his self. Time flies so fast and he thank God that Jaehyun had grown up according to plan. He's such a good son. 

 

"Thank you, Tiffany. He's growing as a positive teenager, he had a clean sheet and a good academic, all because of you." Jesse chuckled while caressing a ring on his finger. He look up to see a screen that playing a sweet lovely video about his little family. "And he's blessed to have a handsome face like me." Jesse put up high his chin, showing his arrogant smile when the screen showing a frowned Tiffany because she's being in an argument with him back then. "Why? You want to deny it?"  Jesse raised his eyebrows and again the screen showing Tiffany that scoffed to the camera shaking her head cutely.  "Oh c'mon!" Jesse holored. 

 

And Tiffany said "You're really unbelievable!"  with her blinding smile in the video. 

 

And it's the first thing that makes Jesse still sane, beside having Jaehyun as his buddy. 

 

You're my blood


 

Oh, I was 22 years old

 

"I don't want to talk to you dad."

 

"I just keep silent all this while, but it's almost two weeks you're not talking to me. What's wrong?"

 

My mother told me that you learn more as you go

 

"Dad, please. You know exactly why I don't want to talk to you!" Jaehyun raised his voice and put his hand on his temple. 

 

"That's more a reason you must talk to me. I know what it is about but if you keep your mouth shut, I'll never know what I must do!" Jesse try to keep his calm and put his "King" mug on the table before sit on the sofa. 

 

"Dad! Why are you so calm about this? You don't love me anymore!"

 

"Here we go, the I don't love you anymore part." Jesse rolled his eyes and leaned more his self on the comfy sofa with his arms crossed on the chest. 

 

Jaehyun stride angrily to the sofa where his dad was sitting and he immediately pull the man to stood up on his feet. Jesse look at Jaehyun half smiling, he expected his son would hug him like he always do when he was mad about something while says everything in his mind. 

 

But Jaehyun punch him on his chest. 

 

*Bug* 

 

"Aw, Buddy! What the hell!" Jesse stumbling on his feet but he still manage to stood up. He bended his upper body because of the strong punch that Jaehyun give. He put his right hand over his chest and he look at the raged Jaehyun again. 

 

*Bug* 

 

Jaehyun punch again and Jesse fall to the sofa immediately. Jaehyun punch so hard and Jesse can only lifted his head while closed his eyes tightly and screeching in pain. "Damn, buddy, you hurt me!"  Jesse sat on the sofa with his bended upper body and his arms around his chest. Tears already welled up in his eyes. 

 

"You hurt me too! And the worst of it you hurt my mom!" Jaehyun yelled with his raged breath. He clenched his fists. "You're falling in love dad! You're cheating on my mom!"  

 

Jaehyun swung over his right foot to kick the air, he doing that repeatedly while cursing and ruffled his hair. He's more than frustated to know the fact that his daddy fall for another woman.  "I hate you, dad!" 

 

Jesse smiling from his position. He look up to see Jaehyun had fleeting over to his room with his rage emotion. "See? He took so much after you, Tiffany." Jesse try to straightened his self but he still wince in pain. "Tiffany and Jaehyun jealousy are..." Jesse chuckled. "I'm sorry Tiffany, I don't know that I let another woman in my life." Jesse lowered his head and put his palm on the bridge of his nose, still trying to bearing the pain. "I'm sorry I messed up everything we had."

 

But I've spent many nights alone

 

"Jae, do you want me to pick you up?" 

 

"No, uncle, thanks. I can take the bus." Jaehyun kicked the stone that he sees on the pedistrian. He pocketed his left hand and seeing the night sky. He just visited his mom and crying there alone. 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah.. " Jaehyun lowered his head again." Uncle Krys.."

 

"Hmm.." Krys that had talk with his lovely nephew look up to see his brother worry expression. 

 

"Do you think, my mom will accept if daddy cheating on her?" Jaehyun stopped his walk and shuffled his feet on the ground. 

 

"What? Could you say it again?" Krys put the phone on the speaker. "I don't hear you clearly." Krys pretended. 

 

"Is my mommy going to forgive daddy if she know daddy's been cheating? Because I want to defends my mom but I don't think I can bear to see daddy suffering like that anymore." Jaehyun talk in a low tone, his voice slightly wavering.

 

"Your mom love your dad very much, and vice versa." Krys said while looking at his brother that already crossed his arms over his chest and looked away to the side, trying to not shedding his tears. "I don't think he's brave enough to cheat on your mom, he'll never, Jae."

 

"I know." Jaehyun kick an air again and he crouched down. "Do you think God has given mom a task to send a new lover for my dad? So he can always remember my mom along the way?" 

 

Krys and Jesse look at the eyes. Waiting in such a high expectation to what Jaehyun will said. 

 

"Because daddy ever said that.." Jaehyun choked his sobs and Jesse leaned over to hear more. "Auntie Sunny had a similar smile with mom."

 

Jesse had to clenched his fist on the table. It's hurt to see Jaehyun in such state but he knows, Jaehyun just afraid that he will forget his mom, that everyone will forget her. 

 

"Mom definitely sends Auntie Sunny for us. Right, Uncle?"

 

And Jesse can't help but runaway from his seat. He drive his car quickly to pick up where is Jaehyun might be. He knows, he can't help to fall in love with Sunny but if he'd been asked why,  he couldn't give an answer. He just want her in his and Jaehyun life. Sunny is perfect for them, she's just perfect.

 

"You're here." Jesse rushed out from his car and half running to approach the now tall son of him that sitting on the ground. Jaehyun snapped his head to the running man. He started to wailing like a little child and Jesse had to wrap his arms over him. "It's okay." 

 

"I'm sorry dad.. I've been a bad son for you."

 

"No, buddy." Jesse kissed Jaehyun's head. "It's me, being a bad father for you. I just can't do anything like what you want me to. I'm sorry."

 

"No, dad!" Jaehyun shook his head. "You're great. I can't ask for more." Jaehyun look up to see his daddy teary face. "Thank you for loving me and my mom." Jaehyun wiped his daddy tears. He took a deep breath and looking straight at his father before continue.  "But, dad.. I don't want another mom." 

 

Jesse tightened his hug. "I know. I don't think I want another woman in my life, our life, except your mom, but... I'm sorry." Jesse leaned his head on his sons'. 

 

Do I need more for me to make this house a home?

 

"I don't want anyone except mom, dad." Jaehyun sobs. "But.. Auntie Sunny.. We've been with her all this time, and I feel like I always sees mom thorough her." Jaehyun whispered. 

 

They keep silent for a while, reminiscing their days from when Tiffany still with them until right now. Sunny,  the very bestfriend of Tiffany,  is awfully familiar to them. She's always around, and they never felt so blessed when Sunny still with them even Tiffany had gone. Sunny is so caring to them, she always come to Jaehyun school just to make sure the boy always had his lunch and doing good in making friends, because Sunny always hate the fact if Jaehyun had left out just because he doesn't have a mom to taught him everything. 

 

That day when the 8 years old Jaehyun came home crying because of some of his friends made fun of him by bragged about how wonderful it is to have a mother beside them, Sunny,  that been told by Jesse by phone, immediately fly over to Korea from U.S.A. She's leaving her own family just for assure Jaehyun that he doesn't need his mom physically because she's been living in his heart, in everyone hearts that love her. And Jaehyun keep a faith on it, so that Sunny always be on his side, doing everything together. Jesse felt so thankful for that, at least there's someone else beside them that always remember Tiffany and never feel tired to keep bringing her wonderful personality into many topics they're share. 

 

Jaehyun tilted his head to see his father. "You still love my mom more than anyone, right? She will always be your number one, right?" Jaehyun wiped his father tears. 

 

Jesse chuckled bitterly at his son and he wiped his sons tears too. "Of course. Your mom is the number one in my life, she'll be always my favourite Tiffany Hwang, the one and only mother for my Jaehyun, right. " He pulled his son to his embrace. "No one could replace her, trust me."

 

Jaehyun hug his dad on the waist tightly. "Me and my mom love you, dad." Jaehyun kissed Jesse on the cheek. 

 

"I love both of you too."

 

'Cause sometimes there's more to the story

 

"Yah, Jung Jaehyun! How many times I told you to not always drink soda in the middle of the night!" 

 

Jaehyun quickly gulped his soda and managed his self before answering. "Oh my God! You're scaring me!  I thought you're sleeping already."

 

"Yeah I am, but Eunbi need more milk and I forgot to bring her bottles." 

 

"And why are you the one who's waking up? Shouldn't it be dad?" Jaehyun put his bottle of soda on the cold case again before stride closer to the woman and helping her took the bottles. 

 

"Your dad is awoke but I tell him I'll take these, he's tired, Jaehyun-ah."

 

And they don't know what's going on

 

"You're too spoiled him, Eunbi umma." Jaehyun shook his head. "He's not doing what he's been telling me to do. So much for a commander." 

 

Eunbi's Umma giggled and took the bottles from Jaehyun. "What he's been telling you about?"

 

My life behind close door

 

"Jaehyun-ah.." Jaehyun stood straight and cross his arms over his chest, turning his head slightly to the right and open his feet a little, make a pose just like Jesse would do when he spoke seriously. "One day if you found a woman that worth your life, don't ever let her awoke to get a milk for your baby or just changing the diapers in the middle of the night, because they'll get cranky through the entire day!" Jaehyun widen his eyes to give more dramatic ambiance. 

 

Sunny laugh at Jaehyun expressions. She had known that Jaehyun really talkative and funny when share a story. "Oh you're not saying that.." Sunny shook her head.

 

"Because she'll complaining about how you're not helping her, and you'll get accused for not loving her anymore! " Jaehyun continued and clapped his hands while laughing but he stopped immediately after seeing Sunny glare at him. "That's actually my mom, I told you about." Jaehyun feign innocent. 

 

"That sounds very like me too!" Sunny punch the stepson on his shoulder and he wince in pain. 

 

Maybe there is nothing wrong

 

"Of course! You're like exactly a carbon copy of my mom!" Jaehyun giggled and wrap his arms around the tiny woman. "And you're definitely an angel that had a task on the earth, from my mom and God! Daddy told me that!" Jaehyun rocked their body together. 

 

"You take after your daddy so much." Sunny lean on Jaehyun's hug and patted his cheek. 

 

And I will keep holding on

 

"I take after my mom, Eunbi Umma!" Jaehyun pouted. 

 

"Oh my God! Right!  I see you're pouting just like Tiffany." She giggled and pull away a little. "And doesn't it burdened some to say Eunbi Umma all the time?" 

 

I know I can be strong

 

"Nope." Jaehyun shook his head and let go of their hug. "I used to call you Auntie Sunny when you're still my mother's bestfriend, then I call you Daddys' Lover on your early marriage days, and now we had Eunbi so of course I call you Eunbi Umma." Jaehyun smile to his self. "I want to call you mom though, but I got a mom and she's freaky jealous one." Jaehyun narrowed his eyes. 

 

Sunny laugh at her stepson explaining. She knows how jealous freak Tiffany was. She's been with her for all her lifetime anyway. Actually she had a guilty feeling first when she found out that she had more feeling for Jesse, and also the urge to always pacify Jaehyun as her own child, she scared at first. But when Jesse tell her the same feeling he had to her, she can't help but feels that Tiffany really want her in her little family. So she accepted. Not as Tiffany's replaced, but as Sunny, that always make everyone to remember Tiffany with them. 

 

'Cause I am just like my mom

 

"Thankyou Eunbi Umma.. For loving me, my mom and my dad."

 

"There's nothing I won't do for you guys. I love you so much." Sunny pulled him for a bear hug. "It's a blessing to have you all in my life, I learn so much from you guys." Sunny pecked Jaehyun cheek.

 

"We're blessed too! You're such an angel! " Jaehyun smile. 

 

"Hmm.. " Sunny carres the Jaehyun that bended his body because of their high gap." I don't mind to tell you the words Tiffany always said to you.. " Sunny smile motherly. 

 

And she told me, 

 

"Say my name, when you're hurting, darling.. I'll take the demons away.." Sunny wipes the tears that already coming out from Jaehyun eyes. 

 

"But you know there will come a day when I won't be there,  but I know that you'll be okay..cause you are my blood." Jaehyun throw him self to the lovely hug that Sunny give. He feels so great to have Sunny in his life because she never once stopping him if he ever bring his late mother as a topic, neverthless she always give a high praises for his mother, and that's why he loves her so much like how his dad too. 

 

Sunny throw a glance of reassurance to the man that's been stood up in front of the kitchen door. She noticed the man glistening eyes and she mouthed 'Everything' s gonna be okay'.  Jesse just throw a grateful smile before he goes to his bedroom again. 

 

Tiffany will always be with them.