Chapter 1

Lumineux || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Painful huffs coming out from a girl’s mouth, sounding tired and all while emitting heavy breaths that escape from her lungs. Solid mahogany door with a color of copper greets the girl in the back of the building, located in a district where you can find people passing by here and there; either they’re coming home from work or going somewhere else. Or perhaps they’re going to their work place just like the girl, Choi Yena, twenty two years old this year.

It’s the second day for Yena to start her new job and yet here she is, barely arrives on time. She just moved into the area a mere week ago after all, so she’s still quite blind with the streets and roads and hell, Yena just relies on her phone’s GPS which she is also—still—unfamiliar on how to use it (her previous workplace was just a block away from where she lives before). Adjusting herself with taking a deep one breath, Yena puts in the key which she just took from her bag onto the door (it’s a rule that every employee has to go in from the back door only), twisting the handle as she pushes the door then takes a step inside; not forgetting to lock back the door afterward.

Yena goes in and power walks toward a small room where she can change her casual outfit (an oversized black hoodie on the top, matching with black sweatpants, and white sneakers) into her work attire. She undresses herself in a rush, messily drops her hoodie and sweatpants over her bag (which she had dropped on the floor) before taking out the plain white shirt from the locker and wearing the fabric—still in a rush.

“Goodness, I have no time for this,” groans Yena suddenly, “I’ll deal with you later.” She struggles and fails for the fifth time in attempting to button her right sleeve cuff, deciding to let it be for the meantime.

She grabs the smart black trousers—also from the locker—and puts them on immediately, smoothly covering her bare legs, then tucking in the shirt’s hem before zipping the trousers up and nicely. The next thing Yena does is sliding her feet into the black scuffed shoes—she has retrieved it from the shoe rack, which was placed on the right corner of the room. She puts her sneakers on the shoe rack afterward, right on the spot where she took the scuffed shoes earlier.

Yena is about to stuff her bag along with her previous outfits into the locker when her eyes catch a glimpse of another thing inside the locker. Something looking like a ribbon of fabric, peeking from the deepest side of the locker, as if it was patiently waiting for Yena’s hand to take it out. Oh, today is bow tie day and yesterday was vest day, I see. She remembers that the manager had told her about the changing style of their dress code (it’s pretty much been scheduled), and Yena thinks that’s quite interesting.

Luckily the bow tie is a pre-tied one, Yena finds no hassle in wearing it below her collar since it has an adjustable band. Very convenient indeed.

If it’s not because of her messy hair after the run before, Yena perhaps would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter