Final

Anti Social Social Distancing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong observes her from afar. She's watching her favorite show on the built in television inside her vanity room while he's 'trying' to produce new songs for his solo album. Eversince he got discharged from the army, he decided to focus creating new music for the fans. Trying his best to balance his life as Korea's top idol and a family man, Jiyong knows he's doing good job for both. Well, not until this novel virus challenges his patience and determination as the clingy married guy.

"Honey...I miss you." he sighs. 

Chaerin, who's busy watching her favorite Korean Drama, failed to hear him. 

Jiyong pouts. Eyeing his written draft, he crumples one of his used music sheet and throws it at his giggling wife. 'Bulls eye!' his mind screams in victory when he catches her attention.

"Yaahhh! Can't you see I'm watching??" she shoots him with her famous glare. She's already four episodes behind and Jiyong won't even let her catch up in peace!

"How can you even enjoy being far from me?" 

"Simple, try watching Captain Ri." she giggles. "Come on Oppa, it's already my fourth day and you're still complaining."

"And it's already 11 days since we last kissed!" he mutters, "I am gonna sue your American Team for calling you out there in this critical days."

"They aren't aware Korea will implement mandatory quarantine for previous travelers. Don't be unreasonable Oppa."

Unfortunately, he's not planning to calm down anytime soon. "Come to think of it, it's been what...15 days since our last lovemaking cuz you were busy preparing for that damn commitment before you flew to LA!"

"Whoah, can't believe you're counting." she asks, obviously amused.

"I know how to count great things." he smirks, but then pouts again. "I really miss you Honey."

"I miss you too my Love. I promise, I'll make it up to you after this quarantine period okay? For the mean time, shut up and let me watch please?" she smiles and hastily shuts her glass door.

"That cold hearted ." he mutters. "Aigooo Jiyong-ah, focus on your work so you can release your album soon. Then it's your turn to fly abroad and leave that cold wife of yours...alone and begging for attention. Let's see if she can handle it if you ignore her plea." he smirks evilly.

"I can hear that!" Chaerin screams from the other door. "And for the record, I never beg Mr. Kwon. It's always YOU who can't take hands off of me whenever we reunite after a week of being apart. Good luck to your plans though, I wish you the best." 

'Busted!'

 

 

"A-Are you alright?" Jiyong asks her in worried tone. It's her sixth day staying in her vanity room alone and it's the first time she feels something is wrong with her.

"I feel dizzy Oppa." she's now lying on her sofa bed. 

"Dr. Kim is already on her way. How's your temp? Do you need something?"

"I haven't check my temperature yet." she hiccups, fighting the urge to tear up. "Oppa...I'm scared."

"You will be fine." he tries to assure her, though deep inside his heart is beating so wild. It's already a bad thing to see his wife displaying some of the possible symptoms of the virus but it's worse that he can't do anything but watch her suffer. The fact that he can't go near her when she's feeling unwell is already enough to make him mad.

"W-What if..."

"Stop there. Don't think of things that will make you dizzier. Just rest and relax."

A doorbell interrupted their talk. Jiyong knows the family doctor has arrived.

"Where is she?" Dr. Kim immediately asks as she prepares her PPE.

"In our room, she's inside her vanity area."

"I'm gonna check her. Stay here and wear your mask."

"A-are you gonna bring her to the hospital?"

Dr. Kim pauses for a moment. "Let me check her first. I will get her blood sample and do the testing in the lab. If she's tested positive then we will bring her in the hospital for strict quarantine. It's riskier if we will admit her now. For the mean time, you have to stay away from her as possible. It's not yet confirm but we don't want to risk. I prepared extra kit for you as well, it's better safe than sorry."

Jiyong swallowed hard. He's not prepared in this kind of scenario. "Please save my wife."

The kind doctor just nod her head, praying the test will go well.

 

 

"Do you need warm water? How do you feel?"

"Stay away Oppa." Chaerin weakly says. "I'm fine."

"Your voice says you're not!"

"Don't shout!" she feels like crying, "My head keeps hurting and I might vomit."

"I'm sorry. I just--  this life."

His phone suddenly rings. 'Dr. Kim!' his mind screams. "Hello? A-any news?" 

The family doctor clears , "Jiyong, I think we need to do another test on your wife."

"W-what? What's wrong with the first one???"

"I'm coming over. Both of your results are with me. Let's discuss it when I reach your home."

"Y-yes Dr. Kim. I understand." his energy drains once he heard the end tone. 

"Do you think it will be a bad news?" Chaerin softly asks.

"Let's hope not."

 

 

Jiyong nervously sits infront of the doctor. They are in the living room right now and this is the time he will know the results of their blood tests. He gulps when the doctor fishes out the envelope with his name. 

"Okay, here's yours. You can breathe now, it's NEGATIVE." and she handed him the document.

Jiyong shakily accepts the paper. "What about Chaerin?"

Dr. Kim opens the other envelope with his wife's name. "Here it is, your wife is fine. She's also NEGATIVE."

Now he can finally breathe properly. His back weakly slumps on the sofa as if he's made of jelly. "Thank you so much, oh God!"

The kind doctor just smiles at him. "It's a good thing we didn't do drastic decision like admitting her to the hospital. That will make things worse."

"By the way, you told me you will test her again? If you said she's virus free then how come she's feeling dizzy? She told me she wanna puke too."

"I see. It's a good thing I brought another kit."

"What kit?"

"Pregnancy test kit."

 

 

Chaerin sits on the toilet bowl quietly. So many things are running on her mind. Just last week, she thought she'll g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter