Bomi's POV

Even If It Hurts

"I love you, unnie." I shyly confessed to her.

"I love you too." And she hugged me so tight. 

I can't believe that she truly loves me too. I thought it will be a one-sided love but I was wrong. I was the first to broke the hug and looked straight into her eyes.

"I'm very happy today, unnie." I gave her my widest smile but instead of answering me, she leaned closer to me.

'Is she going to kiss me?' I asked to myself.

When we are about an inch apart, she closed her eyes. I did the same. I can feel her warm breath touching my face. I waited for her lips to land on mine, but a minute had passed still there are no lips. So, I opened my eyes only to find out that that she is smirking at me. Huh? What's happening?

 

 

 

*KRIIIIIING.KRIIIIIIIIING.KRIIIIIING.*

Aish! Damn it! It was.. just a dream. I stood up and fixed my bed. I'm really dissapointed. Pabo me! Ofcourse, it was just a ing dream. When did unnie love me like the way I love her? I sighed at the thought. She has her boyfriend and they are deeply, madly and crazily in love with each other.

After I did my morning rituals, I went down to have my breakfast.

"Oh! You're awake already, my friend? Well, that's new. I thought you'll be late again." She said jokingly while grinning.

This girl who is talking nonsense right now is Jung Eunji. Unfortunately, she's my bestfriend. She always says that she is my soul buddy. I always cringe whenever she says that and I always get a smack on the head because of that. It never fails me to laugh. Her face is priceless.

"Yah! Yoon Bomi, what's with the grinning face? Don't tell me you're thinking inappropriate things again?" She said with a fake shock.

"Just thinking how to shut up a talking monkey." I whispered as I sat on the chair, but unluckily she heard it and gave me a deadly stare that could surely kill you. I just gave her a peace sign and gladly she stopped the glaring. Thank you, heaven!

We immediately finished our food because no one wants to stand alone on the field reciting the school's vision and mission.

**

"You're such a slow poke, Yoon! We'll be late for our first class." Eunji shouted without looking at me.

We're running like we are been chased by some police. When we reached the main gate, I bent while holding my knees for support.

"Don't.. let me do.. that again." I said while catching my breath. I swear to all the pandas out there that Jung Eunji and this first class will be the death of me.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever Pabomi." She said nonchantly.

I pouted and she just gave me a 'what the hell is that? It's gross' look. Yeah, I can definitely read the look.

My body stiffed when I felt that familiar touch that is softly tapping my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay, Bomi-ah?"

That angelic voice. That voice. The only voice that can make my heart melts everytime I hear it.

"I'm o-okay, unnie." I forced myself to smile at her. Why the hell am I stuttering?

"Well, that's good to hear." She said it while smiling.

I can't help myself to not just stare at  her like an idiot. Is it even possible for an angel to go down here on Earth and talk to a mortal like me? I know I'm exaggerating, but she is just so goddamn perfect.

I was taken a back when I heard someone calling unnie's name. It's him. Her boyfriend.

"Chorong, baby!" He ran towards us.

"Suho." And Chorong-unnie gave him a peck on his lips. "Where have you been, baby?" She added.

"Just bumped into someone." Suho answered. Now, he is holding unnie's waist.

I can't take this anymore. I felt a sudden jolt in my heart. It hurts me seeing unnie kissing a guy infront of me even we're just friends. Yeah, we are just friends and nothing else. She's straight and I'm in between. I know she won't accept my love. Reality hurts indeed.

As I was about to talk to Eunji, she was nowhere to be found. That crazy monkey!

"Unnie, I'll just go ahead. I need to find Eunji." I excused myself and she nodded. On the second thought, good thing Eunji wasn't there anymore so that I'll have a reason to exit. Seeing unnie cuddling with Suho makes my heart break into pieces.

**

"Are you alright, Bbom-ah?" Eunji asked me with a low tone. We're in the middle of our class now.

I think she noticed my sudden change of mood because usually I'm very active in the class. I just nodded to her and buried my face on the desk. I really need to put an end to whatever feelings I have for unnie. This will never work-out.

**

It's breaktime and I'm searching for this specific endangered specie of monkey namely Jung Eunji. She left me for the second time because she saw her Naeun and followed it immediately. What a good friend I have, right?

When I felt that my feet are already tired, I sat at the nearby bench and relaxed myself. While my eyes are roaming around the area hoping to find Eunji, it caught someone. It was Suho! He is with an another girl. They are torridly kissing each other like no one is looking at them. Jeez. My innocent eyes. Unnie needs to know this!

I search for unnie as fast as I can. Eunji can wait. Luckily, I found unnie on her favorite spot. It's an open field at the back portion of our school. She's sitting under a tree while reading a book. I walked towards her place.

"Unnie..." I called her.

"Oh. Hey, Bomi-ah." She noticed me and smiled. "What is it?"

I sat beside her and her sweet scent lingered on my nose.

"I have something to tell you. It's about--"

"It's about Suho, right?" She cut me. 

I looked at her suprisingly and I can see pain in her eyes right now.

"Yes, unnie. He kissed--" 

"He kissed another girl. He's still a playboy after all." She cut me again. Aiisssh

I heard her let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, unnie." Honestly, I don't know what to say. It just came out from my mouth.

She softly chuckled before answering me. "Silly. You don't need to say sorry. What for?"

"I guess for telling you about your boyfriend." I said without looking at her.

"I'm actually happy that you came here to tell me that. Suho will never change. I'm already expecting that though." She faked a laugh. "Unnie wants a hug. Can this cute girl sitting beside me give a hug?" She playfully said while extending her both arms sideward. I nodded and moved closer to her. She hugged me tight, I returned the hug. It really feels good when you're hugging the person you love. 

While we're still on the same position, I heard soft sobs coming from unnie. She's hurt. When unnie is hurt, I also feel the same.

"I know you're strong, unnie." I said while gently tapping her back.

"Just let me be like this for now, Bomi. After this, I'll totally forget about him." She said in between her sobs. I continued tapping her.

We stayed in that position. We stayed silent. Not an awkward silence, but a peaceful one.

Unnie, promise I'll be always loving you and won't leave your side even just as a friend and not as a lover... Even if it hurts. 

 

 

The End