Back 2 U [Part 1]

NCT's Songs Diaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N/P : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6T0fUdRysY [Do click this link and play it for better reference to this story ^^]

 

“Jaehyun, I think it’s time.” A guy in a neat tuxedo with his brown hair said with a warm smile plastered on his face as he place his hand on Jaehyun’s shoulder, trying to gain his attention from staring at his phone. Jaehyun looks up and inhale a sufficient amount of air before he sigh.

“Doyoung Hyung, I’m so nervous right now.” He said as he turns to look at his face in the mirror infront of him. He had put on a black tuxedo and a bow tie with his hair brushed back neatly. He had given himself a clean haircut yesterday. Seeing himself all dressed up feels a bit unfamiliar. Not in a bad way but everytime he remembers that today is the day where he will officially become someone’s husband makes him nervous.

“It’s normal though. Just don’t get all excited and jump on her when she shows up later, alright?” The other guy said as he throws a little punch towards Jaehyun’s chest. Earning a soft giggles from the younger guy. “Let’s go.” He said again and turns around, heading towards the door to attend his bestfriend’s wedding.

Jaehyun’s about to take a step forward when he receives a notification from his phone. He pulls his phone from his pocket to check who it was only to smile when he read the sender’s name. Without any second thought, he tap the screen to read the message. It was a short but meaningful one.

It says, ‘I love you, Jung Jaehyun.’ His smile is only getting wider at the thought of the sender’s face in his mind. He give a pretty much same reply before he slips his phone into his pocket again and head towards the door.

Little did he know that it will be his last message from her.

It is only a matter of seconds before the wedding starts and Jaehyun is already standing at the altar, waiting for his bride to come in. But second turns to minute and she’s still nowhere to be seen. At that time, the guest starts to whisper with each other. Jaehyun feels a bit uneasy and anxious also but he just couldn’t left the altar when the guest had already filled the hall.

He silently glance towards the clock and notices that it had been almost 30 minutes and she still hasn’t show up. Just when he is about to excuse himself, Doyoung walk to him with an expression that he can’t describe. He leans in towards Jaehyun’s ear before he slowly said;

“Saeri’s not here.”

Jaehyun opens his eyes as he let out a heavy sigh. “Not again…” He whispers quietly underneath his breath. Slowly, he lift up his right arm and place it above his forehead. He didn’t really utters anything else as he stares blankly at the ceiling.

It has been almost 8 months since that day and he just couldn’t seem to forget it easily. The feeling of emptiness had always accompanied him everyday and sleeping just couldn’t do the magic of getting rid of the scene where he runs around trying to locate her. 

Another sigh escapes his lips as he finally gather up his strength to get up from his bed and head towards the kitchen. With an empty bowl in his hand, he once again space out. He just couldn’t help but to think about it everyday.

Where had it gone wrong?

Is it because of something that he had done?

Was it really his fault that she left?

Or is it true that she’s not ready?

But why would she agree in the first place?

All of the whys came rushing into his head when he finally snap back into reality and notices that his bowl is still empty. He bit his lower lips and throw the bowl into the sink before he ruffles his hair. “Stop it already.” He said to himself a bit louder.

He hated it when he couldn’t stop himself from thinking about her and how everything happened in a blink of an eye. He turns around and place both oh his hands on top of the counter and lean forward as he shut his eyes tightly. His head is throbbing painfully and he knows very well the reason it hurts so much as he look at the empty bottle of sleeping pills on the small table beside his bed.

“Damn..”

He said as he rub his right eye with the heels of his palm before he walk to the front door not forgetting to pick up his jacket and keys.

 

***

 

“Can I get a bottle of sleeping pills and painkillers?”

“Sure, sir. Did you receive any prescription from the hospitals?” Said the petite pharmacist behind the counter with a small smile on her face. Jaehyun looks up as he pursed his lips tightly. The girl with ‘Park Hyerin’ written on her nametag at the side of her chest look at him in the eyes and immediately understand what he was about to say.

“I’m really sorry, sir. But we can’t just easily sell the sleeping pills without permission because it is one of the controlled drug.” She said with a small bow, politely turning down his request.

“It’s okay, Hyerin. You have my permission. But charge him twice the price.” A voice came out from the room behind her as both Jaehyun and the girl turns their head to look at the owner of the voice.

“Alright, will do.” She immediately walks away to get the pills as per requested. Jaehyun’s eyes locked with the owner of the voice. “Hyung..” Was all that he could utters with the said guy make his way towards Jaehyun.

Without saying anything else, the older guy wraps his arms around Jaehyun’s shoulder and gave him a soft but reassuring pats. “You know it’s not good for your health don’t you?”

Jaehyun didn’t really said anything but to just buries his face in the crook of his neck. He hums slowly as an answer with a small nod of his head.

“I really wish I could help ease your pained heart, Jaehyun.”

Jaehyun forms a small smile as he gently push the guy and break the hug. “I’m fine. I just need a little help to fall asleep. You know you can’t sing me lullabye to help me sleep don’t you?” He said.

The older guy was about to retort when Jaehyun give a light tap on his shoulder. “Don’t worry, Doyoung Hyung. I know the limit.”

 

***

 

Jaehyun was on his way back home when he heard a little kid crying at the park near his neighbourhood. He turns around to locate the voice and finally saw a little girl crying near a big tree. He wanted to just walk away and ignore the little girl in hope that another person might heard her crying and walk up to her.

But instead, he sigh and starts to walk towards the little girl.

“A bit more, sweety. I’ll get it for you.”

Upon reaching the little girl, he sees that another person was present at the place, hidden behind the big tree. “I want the balloon…” The little girl cried as she rubs her eyes while crying loudly.

Jaehyun tilts his head and saw that the other girl probably around his age was jumping with her hand held up high, trying to pull the thread tied around the tail of the balloon. He ponders for a while before he walks up closer towards them and reach out his hand to pull the balloon down.

“Oh—” Was all that came out from the long haired girl’s mouth when Jaehyun manage to bring the balloon down. He bends down a little bit and hands it over towards the little girl. She stops crying and take the balloon away from him, not forgetting to say thank you before she rush back home.

“—Thank you so much for your help. I really thought that I could reach it.” Said the girl as a small giggles left her pink lips. Jaehyun straightened his body and turns around.

Right when both of their eyes locked with each other’s, everything seems to be disappearing from their surrounding except for the two of them. None of them said anything for a whole minute.

“…. Jaehyun….”

The girl whispers slowly underneath her breath, barely audible as tears starts to from in her eyes. Jaehyun doesn’t really know what to do at that moment. He had acted the scene where they both finally met again a few times before in his mind but at that time, his whole body freeze.

His mind went blank. It is as if he had forgotten how to talk.

A single drop of tears finally falls down the girl’s cheek as she take a step forward.

And at that exact time, Jaehyun finally able to get a hold of himself once again and he gave her a hurtful glare. “Stop.” He said sternly which make the girl stops in her track. “—Jaehyun, i—”

“Don’t you dare call my name.” He gritted his teeth as he forms a fist with his knuckles turns white. His head is getting a lot more painful as he stood there looking at the girl in front of him.

She place both of her hands on top of her chest as she grab the soft cloth. And at that time, he notices a silver ring on her finger and he knows very well that it wasn’t the one he had choosen for her. It was someone else’s. His heart throb painfully with his head not getting any better. “There’s something I need to tell—”

“—And I had nothing to say to you.” He said as he stares at her without any emotion in his eyes. With one last look, he turns around and decided to leave. “Jaehyun wait!” She tries again but this time she dashes forward and grab a hold of his hand.

He stops walking and he could tell that she was trembling by the hold of her hand on his. However, he just couldn’t stay there any longer or he’ll turn crazy. He could clearly heard her soft cries and it makes him curses himself because his heart is hurting along.

He shut his eyes tightly before he pull his hand away from her grip. “I don’t need to hear anything. The damage is done.” He said sternly before he walks away without sparing her one last glance.

 

***

 

Jaehyun finally arrives back at his apartment as he slams the door shut behind him. He angrily took off his sneakers and throw the plastic bag containing the pills to the ground before he grabs his hair with his left hand and place the other hand on the wall infront of him. “Dammit!” He curses underneath his shaky breath.

Slowly, he place his forehead at the wall and unknowingly, a drop of warm tears falls down on the floor. One drop after another. Jaehyun is finally crying as a lot of emotion hit him right there and then. Left him with no choice but to just gave in and cry.

The last time he cried was on the day she left him. And now that she suddenly showed up near his neighbourhood is like pouring salt all over his wounds all over again.

He’s barely able to move on. He’s barely able to sleep at night without the help of sleeping pills since the day she left. Why is she here after all that she made him go through? And seeing her cry didn’t really help him at all.

It aches his heart even more.

Although he had made a promise towards himself that no matter what happens in the future, when fate decides that it’s time for them to met, he won’t be shaken easily.

“Why… Just why….” He mumbles as a soft sobs escapes his lips.

 

***

 

For the first time in a while, his phone rings at the break of a dawn, waking him up from his sleep. He didn’t even remember falling asleep on his bed but what’s for sure is that he’s sleeping without any pills. 

He groans as he feel his head throbbing when he tries to reach out for his phone. Once he grab a hold of it, he answer the calls without seeing the caller ID.

“Hello…” He said quietly. There’s nothing coming from the other side of the phonecalls which make him frowns in confusion. He turns the screen back at him to see the caller ID but it seems that he had no data of the caller since it only shows a line of numbers.

“Hello…” He tried again but this time, he could hear a soft breathing from the other side. Almost sounding like a muffled breath. Before he decides to just hang up, thinking that it was a prank call early in the morning, the other person finally answer.

“Please, Jaehyun… You need to know what’s happening.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter