Part II

Satan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But thou, why goest thou back to such annoyance?

Why climb’st thou not the Mount Delectable,

Which is the source and cause of every joy?

Canto I – Dante Inferno

 

Ringing echoed in Sakura’s bedroom awaken Satan Eunbi who groggily rubbed her eyes while slowly searching for her mobile phone. Sakura who was still in her deep sleep undisturbed with the incessant ringing. Eunbi squinted her eyes adjusting her vision after being assault with her phone’s bright screen.

Eunbi sighed first in the morning seeing the caller id predicting she will have a headache throughout this morning.

 

“Hello?” Eunbi’s voice is still hoarse after waking up.

 

“Hi sweetie, how are you?” A gentle man’s voice greeting Eunbi.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Oh someone is grumpy. Good morning to me too,” the man’s chuckled making Eunbi’s grumpier.

 

“What do you want Old Nick?” It's too early for Eunbi to mind her polite courtesy especially with someone she detested.

 

“Satan, how’s the new follower?” The Old Nick cut the chase and went straightforward to ask what’s in his mind since last night.

 

“How do you know I have a new follower?”

 

“Oh sweetie, it was me who led her way from astray and straight to you. You should thank me, Satan Eunbi,” Old Nick stressed the Eunbi syllable more than unnecessary.

 

“What do you want? You already have Church of Satan which was supposed to be mine but I gave their blood for you and what do I get in return? Nothing.”

Eunbi’s breathing is uneven and she can feel slowly her anger is rising.

 

“And I gave you the first new follower ever to you sweetie and you’re welcome. Enjoy,” Old Nick laughed and ended the phone call abruptly.

 

“ing , God should chain Lucifer instead of nagging me every day,” Eunbi felt her anger slowly dissipating after realizing she’s not in the hell but in Sakura’s bedroom.

 

Eunbi looked at Sakura who sprawled ungracefully with drools forming a mini pool at her lips. She stood up and walked slowly to open the heavy curtain that blocked the sunlight. Eunbi missed enjoying the sunray that slowly starting to shine at dawn.

 

It’s like 7 am dewdrop that provides tranquillity to her tormented soul. It’s a rare moment for Eunbi’s morning which is far from the usual Hell that is always full of non-stop agonized and tortured cries all around the clock.

 

Eunbi unbarred the window savouring the gentle morning breeze with a hint of sakura flower’s smell signifying the Spring just arrives. For three thousand years, she had been through the worst calamity and animosity but this morning it feels different. For the first time, she felt cared. Admired and adored by a simple act but that doesn’t stop Eunbi revisiting her painful memories, again.

 

“Bow or you will be damned to the deepest Hell,” a thunderous voice commanded Eunbi.

 

Eunbi stayed unbowed stood still daring God goading him to punish her with her crowds.

 

“Bow to the first man or you will taste my wrath,” the thunderous voice booming out with anger at His rebellious angel.

 

“No,” Eunbi cracked voice unmasked her fear however her feet planted firmly on the ground.

 

“Michael, banish her to the Hell with her kinds and clipped all their wings. Your soul will stay tormented, impure until the Final Day. You will have the power over human but it's temporary until the Final Judgement. You will never be allowed to be among the angels."

 

God’s harsh order is instantly executed and Eunbi felt the ground she stood shaken and she lost her balance falling down to the deepest Hell with her family and friends.

 

“Satan, my lady, good morning,” Sakura knelt before her with head’s hanging low showing respect to her new lord.

 

“Good morning Miyawaki Sakura. Do you know what time it is?”

 

“Its 9:15 am My Lady,” Sakura answered confidently.

 

“You’re wrong, it’s breakfast time and you better get your to the kitchen and serve me a hearty meal,” Eunbi glared at Sakura while Sakura scrambled to the kitchen as fast as she could.

 

Eunbi smiled watching Sakura’s antics and she instantly remembers to prepare a contract for Sakura as her first new follower. Her morning feel exceptionally well today and she can't wait to have a good breakfast.

 

“This is Kkura bread,” Sakura proudly showed her burn bread to Eunbi who appeared unimpressed.

 

“But it's burnt,” Eunbi tossed the so-called Kkura-bang back to the plate.

 

It’s Sakura’s turn to be unimpressed with Eunbi’s lack of table manner.

“Just because you’re my God now doesn’t mean you can toss food. Not in my house, uh-huh, you, young lady must learn the table manner,” Sakura momentarily forgetting who’s she talking to and keep shaking her finger disapprove Eunbi’s action.

 

Eunbi remained quiet watching Sakura who’s still nagging at her while continue lamenting no one is helping her in the kitchen.

 

“Shh, no nagging, be quiet,” Eunbi’s stern voice instantly making Sakura shut realizing she might cross the line.

 

Eunbi conjured a stack of documents that magically appeared neatly in front of Sakura’s plate. Sakura tried to maintain her composure but her right foot can't stop shaking in fear of Eunbi’s wrath.

 

“I apologize, My Lady, if I crossed the line, but my kkura-bang is really good and even my parents approved of it,” Sakura sincerely apologized while bowing profusely.

 

Eunbi dismissed the apology with a wave and picked the kkura-bang again from the plate ready to savour the kkura-bang. Eunbi almost cried tasting the kkura-bang, it is so good, that the taste rivalled heaven’s bread that she once ate. Sakura still fidgeting on her seat anxious of what the verdict her God will give.

 

“It is good,” came a curt reply from Eunbi and Sakura slowly breathing again.

 

“Take a look at your contract, that’s a binding contract between you and me,” Eunbi gestured Sakura to read the contract while she can't stop eating the kkura-bang.

The contract unsurprisingly in Japanese ranging from article to article making Sakura’s eyes spinning fast seeing the alphabets started to swim around confusing her. Sakura only understands the title,' Worshipper Contract.'

 

“My Lady, I have dyslexia, this will take me some time to read,” a humble request politely asking Eunbi to extend her reading time.

 

“My bad, let me make it easier for you,” Eunbi grabbed her phone and started to type on her phone.

 

A ding ringtone announcing a message had been received by Sakura’s phone and Eunbi waved lazily to her to check her message.

 

[From My Lady, the Great Kwon Eunbi, the Mighty Satan]

Here’s the audio for the contract and I attached here the contract in Comic Sans Font as well, I heard it's making the reading easier for those who dyslexic.

 

Sakura’s voice shaken and she bowed at her God with utmost gratitude while thanking her in a shaking voice. For the first time in her 22 years of life, someone acknowledged that it's okay for her to be dyslexic and it's not a burden to cater to her needs and Eunbi, her new God just makes things so simple and for the first time, she felt cared.

 

==

 

Sakura is still listening to the audio that been provided to her by Eunbi about the contract for being her first new follower. It’s a normal contract with a few exception clauses that say Sakura is not allowed to leave her new religion or she will be tortured alive by boi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter