drip drop (love songs)

cloudy skies (you on my mind)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— minjoo, who likes the rain, loves spending rainy days with kim chaewon. —

 

 

 

 

it's when minjoo caps her pen after solving seven problems in a row that chaewon enters the classroom explosively, startling her in the process. explosively, because she makes sure the door hits the wall right beside it, grunting when she hurts her palm from the impact, shoes squeaking against the floor. 

droplets meet at her chin and drip down every two seconds. chaewon runs a hand through her hair but she decides to mess it up when it doesn't go back the way she wants it to. 

she sighs to herself, pausing to pick up the pen minjoo dropped in surprise and trudges to her desk in the middle of the room. the sound of rainwater slushing in her shoes trails behind her. 

right, minjoo thinks. 

it's been raining since yesterday afternoon. 

right,

chaewon hates rainy days. 

 

minjoo doesn't get why, though. chaewon hates the rain like her life depends on it and she doesn't understand why she feels so vehemently for it. monsoon is easily the best season of the year. summers are too hot, winters are too cold.

spring is gone long before she can take in the scent of blooming flowers and monsoon is when the weather is most pleasant. 

cool morning breezes only reach her cheeks, not her ears. waking up to the sound of the rain. the subtle weight of raindrops on her shoulders and the top of her head, minjoo loves watching people scramble on the street once downpour starts.

she holds her girlfriend a little tighter on rainy days. now why would chaewon hate something as beautiful as that? she can't understand. 

okay, well. she can understand for today. 

the rain started like, thirty six hours ago. for a while, it was just a light drizzle, the sound of a heavy rain approaching with the occasional thunder now and then.

a light drizzle.

she could barely feel the rain on her skin. chaewon wasn't even irritated by the fine drops and it's only since yesterday afternoon that this rain turned into a storm. 

she was in a bad mood because chaewon was in a bad mood because neither of them had umbrellas and they were completely drenched by the time they reached the bus stop and chaewon didn't even give her a kiss goodbye because of her ty mood. well, at least she made up for it by talking to her until she fell asleep last night. her sweet voice drowning out the sound of the rain. 

god, the sound of the rain was just not pleasant this time around. she couldn't concentrate on studying at all because each spell seemed to get more intense. louder than before. more annoying than before. 

she could barely concentrate this morning, too. it's cold. the rain doesn't even lash out constantly or periodically: it's irregular as it falls to the ground, the pitters and patters sound more like noise than anything else. 

the seven problems she solved were solved with her swallowing her frustration down and balling it away in her fists for an hour straight. 

the rain is distracting. she can almost feel stray rain drops on her calves. oh, and the rainwater seeped into her bag and ruined a few of her books. what a pain in the .

minjoo likes the rain, but today it was getting on her nerves. but; if she feels this way, how must chaewon feel? 


 

thunder crashes when she stands, washing out the sound of the metal chair screeching against the floor. there's a trail of chaewon's footprints in fading water to her desk. 

chaewon has her head hanging off the top of her chair, an arm covering her eyes and her body lifeless as she just... sat there. she doesn't even move when minjoo threads her fingers through her wet hair, fixing her bangs and wiping the water on her face off.

“whatever happened to keeping it low-key...”

minjoo raises a brow at chaewon's dead tone. 

“you know i can't help myself when it comes to you,”

she chuckles and her eyes flutter open, she mirrors minjoo's countenance. her lips slightly curving upwards. “so we don't have to keep it low-key anymore?”

“hmm, well, take a look around. no one's paying attention to us anyway.”

so chaewon takes a looks around. there were five students in the classroom with them included, the other three dozing off. one at the front desks and the other two at the back. must be because of the rain. why on earth would anyone come to school with that storm raging outside. 

“oh.” then chaewon pulls her in closer to hug her by the waist and lets a full blown smile cover her face. she looks so cute looking up at her like this, so she pinches the girl's cheek in endearment. chaewon scrunches her brows. 

“why didn't you come with an umbrella. you'll get sick. why did you bother coming in the first place?”

a frown, light whining in her tone. “my parents took all the umbrellas with them… they'll just be staying at a hotel anyway, what do they need umbrellas for… and they said they'd take my guitar away if i didn't attend classes while they're gone… so…”

“you should've come a little earlier. it wasn't raining that hard before…”

“my girlfriend kept me up all night last night. what can i do about that? i need my sleep, y'know.”

“if only you woke up when she called you in the morning though. you wouldn't be all soaked like this;”

minjoo makes a show of distancing herself from chaewon by pushing at her shoulders until chaewon glares and takes her yellow jacket off. 

“better?”

she nods. her elbows find their place on slightly broad shoulders again, “mhm.”

they stay like that, just staring at each other for a few moments just because they can. minjoo breaks out into a fit of giggles and her smile only gets wider at the sight. “you're so pretty.”

“...you too,”


 

“oi! you two!”

the woman slams a fist on the desk that poor student is sleeping on. weird. coach kwon's voice is louder than the rain outside. chaewon rolls her eyes while minjoo startles, moving away from her. 

“classes are cancelled. you can leave.”

the students shuffle around for a while, leaving the two of them in the classroom.

chaewon brings back the scowl on her face and curses under her breath. it's not fair. she just got here. the rain. literally nothing good comes out of it. minjoo tells her to calm down and she only pouts in response. even a kiss on the cheek doesn't help that much. “c'mon, let's go somewhere.”

“where? it's not like anything's gonna be open now…”

“let's go to the cafe.”

“ugh, sakura's gonna kill me if she sees me there. she's not over me quitting yet.”

minjoo huffs. “then… let's go to your house.”

“huh? my house… why… what would we even do…”

minjoo hmphs.

“seems like you really don't want to spend time with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter