FRAT101_CHEATSHEET.DOCX

  ΓΦΑ ! GAMMA PHI ALPHA ... moving back on campus!
GAMMA PHI ALPHA, UCLV
The Brat Pack Guidelines
Information renewed and in-depth explanations about what to expect to help you prepare for the semester
Las Vegas, CA
Personal Information
This should be fairly self-explanatory: these are the bulletpoint facts of your character's existence.
 
Characters should be undergraduate students at UC Las Vegas, but if you really want to go the extra mile and make up your own local college feel free to do so! This means that the age range for characters should be between 18 to 24, unless your character has some extreme circumstances -- but please no underage characters, thank you!
 
Also, given that this fic takes place in Las Vegas, California, feel free to make characters of any racial background. Still, keep in mind that this is a story about an Asian-interest frat on Asianfanfics dot com, and as per usual, please don't racebend.
Background Check
We decided that people rarely apply with the same faceclaims and backup FCs never get used, so you only need to provide the one. Your faceclaim should be in the general age range of your character, though -- mostly, we don't want you to use minors.
 
Your character's background isn't too important in this fic in ways beyond what they might share in a conversation at a party, like, "I'm from LA," or "My parents are both doctors".
 
Feel free to keep personality short and simple -- nothing for this app needs to be overly complicated. Just write enough that we can understand your character and the way they'll act in the story.
 
On another note, this story will be taking place in the months leading up to the retreat, meaning there is more of an emphasis on school life. It's very easy to get lost in the rush of finding dates, but remember that the cast are students, and they'll be burdened with typical student problems!
References
The interview should be fairly straightforward - just answer in your character's perspective. Please choose either first or third person and remain consistent throughout.
 
Other relationships are quite important in this app, as we'll be exploring not just the relationship between your character and the boy you're applying for, but the dynamics of all characters in the cast. As such, please include relationships with all the GPA boys in your application! If your character is fairly distant with one of the boys, even writing down your character's thoughts work - they don't necessarily have to interact. It would be awkward if your character was close to one of the boys but never talk of the rest in the entire story. Collabs are encouraged, but don't go too crazy.
 
For the actual love interest section, we're really mostly concerned about the relationship between your character and the boy of your choice -- no need to worry about the boy's background or personality! Tell us instead about how they wound up as dates, what the dynamic between the two of them is like, what might happen in the future, and so on!
Application Tag
Please tag your application with "gpapps"! It is easier for us to track your application down and keep everything clear.
Brownie Points & Taken
Hey! This part of the cs is much more casual, with just some notes and things that Alice, Chen, and I would like to see -- this is primarily a comedy fic, but we still want to keep things generally grounded in the real world for things like backgrounds, personalities, college lives, all that stuff!
 
Okay with that being said, we'd love to see some of the following:
Faceclaims: Fromis9, EXID, ITZY, Chungha, APink, Minseo, Anda, models or actresses, underused fcs, and non-Kpop fcs! But someone with plenty of HQ pics still please T____T (also preferably pre-2018 debuts we are all old and out of touch with the most recent kpop and also then they're old enough)
 
Here are the boys' faceclaims: Monsta X's Shownu, Got7's Jaebeom, NCT's Jaehyun, Kang Daniel, EXO's Chanyeol, iKon's Junhoe, NCT/Wayv's Winwin, Seventeen's Vernon, and Ateez's Mingi.
 
As you guys may have guessed from the previous chapter: yes, Jeff is now taken as a date! After a lot of discussion, we saw that there seemed to be an uneven spread of candidates, and we also weren't sure how well he'd interact with applicants while keeping true to how we imagined him so he is now unavailable as a choice. Please keep this in mind as you all update your apps prior to turning them in.
 
If you've submitted an app to the previous iteration of this app and would like us to consider it again, just submit it again on the turn-in post! But please take into account the slight change in the plot and make any edits you think are necessary first!!
Frequently Asked Questions
This section will be updated with whatever inquiries that have been asked privately and openly. Be sure to check in whenever you can to see what questions have been asked. The more questions there are, the more information you know about the Brat Pack and UCLV. Just a tip!
Are Jeff's parents rich?
Yes, he's rich. In fact, all of the boys are rich. Most of them are international students, and that automatically means $$$.
Do we have to apply with a female character?
We would love to accept everyone and anyone, but we will be only accepting female characters for this story. The boys are straight! (mostly)
If Gavin's last name is Cheung, wouldn't that mean Louis isn't the only Chinese member?
Cheung is actually a romanization of Chung/Jeong. He is definitely not Chinese. He is full Korean!
Does UCLV have a meme collection?
Just like every UC, there's a lot of memes. Most are posted on UCLV's meme page on Facebook.
What breed and gender is Barkbark (Taeseong's dog)?
Barkbark is a male white pekingese.
Does UCLV have dorms? If so, how nice are they?
UCLV does have dorms for incoming freshmen and any upperclassmen who want to pay for the school's room and board. The campus is on the newer side, so the dorm buildings are very well-funded, but not all of them have air conditioning.
Are there any notable Asian frats (or sororities) on campus? Or are we allowed to have the freedom to create our own?
We don't plan on focusing too heavily on any other frats or sororities in the fic, though your character can definitely be a part of one! GPA is famous at UCLV for being the wealthiest frat of all of the Asian interest frats, as well as for having the most international students. They do have a brother frat, but they aren't nearly as (in?)famous as GPA.
 
The answer to this is: you have free realm to create whatever frat or sorority you need for your character. You can also use an existing one, like aKDPhi or Lambda.
Can we get a clearer ranking of who's the most connected to their Asian roots to the least/who's basically a "banana" within the brat pack?
Unfortunately, we cannot put a ranking for this because all of the boys love their culture in different ways, especially when half of them are not from America.
Is it possible for the boys' MBTI to change over the course of the budding relationships?
Character growth will definitely happen, but I wouldn’t expect any drastic changes. Ultimately it depends on the final cast and their interactions. Out of all the boys, Topher is most liable to change as he’s the youngest/most inexperienced with life!
What types of drunks are the brat pack?
Taeseong doesn't get drunk easily, but when he is, he's touchier and more extroverted. Joey is a hyper, affectionate drunk, and he's likely to start complaining about being hungry. Jeff is a very quiet drunk -- this is about the one time he'll really show his emotions -- but he's even harder to get drunk than Taeseong, which is saying a lot.
 
Gavin is very chatty and tries to hold "deep" conversations... though he usually ends up just sounding like he got high for the first time. Dicky's super affectionate when he's drunk, and tends to compliment and hug his friends! Owen gets very touchy-feely and emotional, but falls asleep pretty quickly... Louis is similar in that he's emotional, but he tends to go off on his own and just start doing things recklessly instead of fall asleep.
 
Ashton is a really happy, quiet drunk, but after a few more drinks he hits "airplane mode" and zones out. Lastly, Topher is a very reckless drunk, and he tends to think that he's invincible and can do anything.
Do they live in the GPA dorms? If so who lives there and who doesnt? Are any of them rooming together?
Since the members of the Brat Pack are part of GPA's executive board, they all have singles in GPA's house on UCLV Greek Row. However, as a freshman, Topher technically lives in the freshman dorms with a random roommate.
What do Ashton's parents do as a living? How was his childhood like since he's mixed race? Did he visit his maternal family as a kid?
Both of Ashton's parents are engineers! They are on the wealthier end since they've been in the workforce for a while. He didn't experience any hardship as a child, but he knows about and embraces his identity. He lived in Brooklyn until he was eight and then moved to Seoul - it was more likely for his maternal family to come visit than for him to come back, because his parents didn't really see a reason to travel.
How many times are we allowed to apply?
Good question! There is absolutely no limit. Go wild! However, only one of your characters will be picked.
Can our character know the guys beforehand?
Of course! Why else would the guys take your character?
Do all of the boys do drugs?
Yes! All of the boys are drug users, though frequency of use varies. Owen, Ashton, Gavin and Dicky are the most prominent drug users (mostly potheads). A few may partake in harder drugs, but whether or not that's explored will depend on how the story develops!
What's the deal with Dicky? Is he religious or not?
Dicky is not actually religious -- he's pretty much pretending to be a super religious guy because the stereotypes about "church oppas" are funny to him. He's just being ironic. While he does attend church with his family, who's to say if he actually believes it or not? He's just like any of the other boys in terms of "sinful" actions, pretty much!
I’m having a bit of trouble understanding the class schedule system in UCLV. Is there a certain amount of topic classes that we have to choose from? How does the time table work usually?
This is a great question! Since UCLV is a UC, I would recommend you look at any of the UCs and base your character's courseload off of that; any of the schools should work. Most majors offer details and a potential four-year plan as long as you look at the specific major's website. Additionally, you can look at the schedule of classes for any of the UCs in order to get specifics for the courseload (in terms of units, lecture times, recitations/labs, etc.). Please keep in mind that the minimum number of units a student is allowed to take each term is 12 and the maximum is 20. Any more than that requires an appeal. The standard student takes about 15 units/semester.
Thoughts From Us
A word from your sponsors for this chapter.
helloooo everyone say thank you one more time to chen for stealing zuck's ip and to alice for making drinks ^____^ excited to see ur apps again!! - immi
everyone pls thanks chen for being incredible and finishing all the coding... MUAH!!! while i play ensemble stars, i will be waiting to see ur apps again YES - alice
oh god im so exhausted and i barely finished coding everything. anw hi everyone welcome to gpa revamp hope you enjoy ur stay here with us - chen