Sleep Talking

Sleep Talking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun was watching the blond male standing in front of his locker happily chattering with another boy while rummaging for the books he would need in his next class.

It was crazy how the melodious laughter of the younger made his heart flutter like a young bird rising into the sky for the first time.

Suddenly the blond lifted his head directly looking at him a smile spreading on his face.

Jonghyun just dumbly lifted his hand to return the cheerful waving of the blond before said boy turned back to the person beside him continuing their gleeful conversation.

Sometimes he wanted to beat himself for staring at the younger so blatantly especially if he was stupid enough to get caught doing so. He always felt like a creep if it happened but something about the dark brown eyes and the cute pink lips of the other tempted him enough to do it agin.

“Hey lover boy. I see you’re stalking Choi again.”

A sturdy arm slung itself around his neck and made Jonghyun flinch, a boy with a blinding smile now standing right beside him.

He would never admit it but sometimes he was a little jealous of Dongho’s bright smile which made his eyes cringle and seemed to lighten up his whole face.

“I’m not stalking him idiot. I’m just … observing.”

Jonghyun replied to the mock greeting of his best friend, feeling a blush creep up his neck as he crossed his arm in an attempt to seem offended.

“Yeah, sure. Observing. Because you do not look like you want too smooch every part of his face at all when you ‘observe’ him.”

Dongho’s boyfriend Minhyun appeared next to them storting at Jonghyun’s previous statement.

Seriously he needed to find himself some new friends

Groaning Jonghyun threw the door of his own locker shut before turning back to his two annoying friends.

“By the way who even is the guy talking to Minki?” Dongho asked leaning against Jonghyuns now closed locker.

“Kwak Aron. He is a new exchange from America studding abroad, two years older and according to rumors the new prince charming on the campus.” Minhyun answered his boyfriend’s question wiggling his eyebrows and grinning cheekily at both of them.

“And how do you know about him? “ The sturdy boy asked with scrunched eyebrows, obviously feeling threatened by the handsome stranger.

His boyfriend simply shrugged his shoulders and smiled at them. “News travel fast. Come on our next lecture begins in a few minutes. I don’t want to be late.”

With that Minhyun turned around walked down the hallway to get to the room where their next musical art lecture would be held, followed by his irritated and cursing boyfriend who still seemed bothered by the others statement.

Jonghyun glanced in the direction of the two other boys who he was watching a few minutes prior.

Minki was currently laughing about something this Aron guy must have said, brushing a blond strand of hair behind his ear in an endearing manner.

He couldn’t suppress a low growl leaving his throat as he glared daggers at the guy with the disgustingly sweet smile plastered on his face.

Alright he liked the new exchange already even less than Dongho did.

------

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon which probably every person on campus enjoyed outside talking and laughing with their friends. Except for Jonghyun.

He was currently doing his shift in the local coffee shop ‘Sweet treat’, where he worked part time to finance his studies.

Well, not everyone has rich parents who can afford to pamper their child in every aspect of their live like most of the other students had.

Jonghyun was currently doing the dishes in the kitchen at the back of the shop, shielded from the annoying gazed of their customers.

Scrubbing the leftover food off the plates wasn’t his favorite think to do but at least it was relaxing as he didn’t have to communicate with another human being.

“Hey, Hyuniiii can we please swap our tasks?” His coworker, a cute looking girl by the name of Sooyoung stuck her head through the door fluttering her eyelids in, what should have probably been, an endearing way.

So much for having a relaxing time and not having to attend to customers today.

The taller boy groaned at her request. “Why? I’m perfectly fine with washing the dishes.” He replied not caring that it sounded way whinier than intended it too.

“Pretty pleeeeeease. If I have to serve another rude customer I can’t guaranty that I’m not gonna punch him in his stupid face. Come on Hyuni I can’t be fired for lashing out on a customer.”

Jonghyun couldn’t suppress chuckling at Sooyoung’s whiny voice and pouty lips.

He knew exactly that the sometimes fragile looking girl could definitely throw a proper punch and didn’t make empty threats.

After a few minutes he finally gave in to her wishes with a sigh leaving his lips. “Fine, but this is the last time.” He stated throwing the dishtowel, with which he had been drying the plates, directly over her head.

She laughed and stuck her thong out in a silly looking way before starting her new task and drying the dishes.

With another sigh Jonghyun made it to the front of the shop ready to take the orders of the customers but to his surprise there was no one there.

It was rather relaxing because, like he thought, everybody was outside enjoying the first warm spring weather rather than sitting in some stuffy coffee shop.

Sooyoung probably just wanted to have something to do not caring that Jonghyun would suffer from boredom now instead of her.

He made a mental note to make the brown haired girl pay for this another time.

Here and there a few customers would come in to order something and leave right after.

Jonghyun was cleaning the counter out of boredom as the bell over the door announced another customer coming in.

In half of a second he put on his friendly customer smile which turned into a nervous one as soon as he looked up to see the cute blond male approach the counter already grinning in his direction.

“Hyun.!I didn’t know you work here. Kind of embarrassing we really should talk more.” The boy stated laughing, folding his arms on the counter to lean over it, obviously invading Jonghyun’s personal space.

Jonghyun was thinking about taking a step back but he didn’t want to offend the other, also the sweet scent of vanilla and cinnamon which radiated from the boy seemed to keep him in place.

“Uh… yeah… I-I mean I didn’t think it was that important.” Really smooth Jonghyun. He really wanted to bang his head against the next wall for stuttering in the others presence.

Minki simply chuckled, smirking at the boy on the other side of the counter in a sassy way.

“Could you make me two Americanos?” Minki fluttered his eyelids just like Sooyoung had before but this time it had a way different affect on Jonghyun because he was sure his brain stopped working as he felt butterflies in his belly.

“Uh… yeah, yeah sure. It- uh – will be done in a minute.”

Jonghyun used the order as an excuse to hide the hue of red slowly creeping up his cheeks, turning around to the coffee machine.

While he was working on preparing the two Americanos he heard Minki raise his voice again.

“By the way I’m probably home late this evening. I’m gonna go watch a movie with some friends. Just so you know.”

Jonghyun turned back to see Minki resting his head in his hands starring directly at him but just as he opened his mouth to reply he heard the door open for a second time and a cheerful voice echoed through the empty shop.

“Minki what takes you so long? You said it would only take a few minutes.”

The whining of the brown haired boy who walked into the shop approaching Minki had a heavy American accent to it, making Jonghyun want to growl at the boy.

The blond just snorted at the other who came to a halt beside him.

“Do you want your coffee or not? Stop complaining.” Minki replied glaring at the other before looking back to where their Americanos were made. “Ah, before I forget. Aron this is my roommate Jonghyun, Jonghyun this annoying person is my friend Aron. He is a new exchange from America.”

Jonghyun gave the new exchange a once over. He was slightly smaller than himself but had a very handsome face and a mischievous smile what made him look quite likable.

Short he didn’t like the boy one bit.

“Jonghyun huh? Nice to finally meet you.” Aron slightly bowed in a greeting manner but he could clearly see a sly grin appearing on the guys face as his name rolled from his lips.

A monotonous “Hi” and a node in his direction was all, the strange boy received as a greeting but for Jonghyun it was more than enough.

As he grabbed the two cubs to give them to the boys he heard Aron whisper something into Minkis ear but couldn’t make out the words but the blond’s response seemed to be an aimed hit to the others ribs from which Aron bend over in (probably) fake pain.

Not that Jonghyun would have cared if the boy was in pain … or got hit by a bus.”

Minki paid for their coffees and both of them stood up to go but before they reached the door the blond turned around again looking directly at Jonghyun.

“You know if you want to you can tag along for the movie later.”

The bright smile on the cute boys lips almost made him say yes instantly but one look at the brown haired was enough to make him say no instead.

He didn’t want to be the third wheel as it was obvious that Aron would come too. And he definitely didn’t want to see them flirting or whatever they were doing this morning.

Jonghyun was probably mistaken but he could swear Minkis expression dropped for a second before it was replaced with another bright smile.

“Alright, suite yourself. See you in the evening.”

With a wave and a goodbye from both of them they disappeared out the door leaving Jonghyun behind in the empty shop.

He sight and leaned against the counter contemplating if he should have said yes to Minkis offer anyway.

It was weird how he still acted like a total idiot around the cute male even though they shared a room for almost half a year now.

Minki probably thought that he was completely brainless by now.

On the other hand he fell for the pretty blond the moment he had stepped into their shared room for the first time, so it was understandable wasn’t it?”

With another sigh he made his way over to the tables to clean them wanting his shift to end as soon as possible.

-----

Jonghyun was sitting on his bed trying hard not to fall asleep again as he waited for Minki to finish in the bathroom.

When he noticed that the other had been in there for almost an hour now he got up from his bed groaning and dragging himself over to the bathroom door to knock.

“Minki is everything okay? You are quite long in there already.”

An indistinct murmur was his reply before the door swung open revealing a still wet Minki with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Jonghyun could swear if he wasn’t so shocked he would have gotten a nose bleed.

“Ugh, sorry. I totally have a bad hair day today. It took me forever to get it the way I wanted it to be.”

The boy was squinting up to his hair which was still slightly wet but already tied into his trademark ponytail with only one strand loosely dangling out perfectly framing his slender face.

It was like the blond didn’t care at all that he was half standing in front of his roommate almost causing him a cardiac arrest.

“I-It’s...I mean-uh…it’s okay. J-Just tell me when you’re done.”

Jonghyun stuttered looking everywhere but at Minkis perfect milky white chest, his face probably already as red as a tomato.

“No really. I can change and do my make-up here so you can go shower. I don’t want to be the reason for you being late.” Minki grinned at him smugly before strutting further into the room not waiting for Jonghyun to answer.

For a moment he just stood there before grabbing his cloths for the day and escaping into the safe space of the bathroom.

Leaning against the closed door he took a deep breath to calm his rapidly beating heart which was caused by the unexpected sight from the half boy he adored since the beginning of the semester.

Great start into the day Jonghyun.

--

When he came out of the bathroom Minki was currently finishing his eyeliner, the black coal around his beautiful eyes making him appear more y than cute.

A once over confirmed that his cloths supported the chick look Minkis make-up promised.

He wore black leather pants with a silver belt and a pale pink, sleeveless shirt which was tucked inside his pants at the bottom.

Also a silver glimmering jacket was hanging from his elbows as it had slipped down because of the uncomfortable looking pose Minki was currently standing in to apply his eyeliner.

“I know I look like a piece of art but you don’t have to drool over me.” Minki joked laughing as he noticed Jonghyun starring at him through the mirror.

Meanwhile Jonghyun was back to copying a tomato turning around to pretend that he was making his bed not wanting the other to know how flustered he really was.

“I’m studying fashion design so I want to look perfect every time I step out of THAT door.” Minki laughed pointing at the entrance to their shared home. “By the way are you coming to Hyunwoo’s party this evening?” Minki asked finally looking up as he had finished his makeup.

“Ah… I think parties are not really my cup of tea, so probably not.”

Jonghyun answered praising himself for not stuttering this time.

He wasn’t lying, parties always made him uncomfortable. To many people and too much alcohol which made the people even more unbearable than usual.

Wow he really sounded like the perfect role model of an introvert.

“Hmmm alright but you really should get out more Hyuni.” Minki stated laughing at the grimace on Jonghyuns face.

“Why is your pillow in my bed?” Jonghyun aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter